Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
I am getting ready to embark on a BF box to get myself into the game. I have built boxes in the past, but never a BF. My intention is to use the chip from my sigelei 150w (sx330) utilizing the on board buttons on the mod, (2) 18650 batteries, a FatDaddy BF 510, and bottle (size undetermined as of now).

I have a few spare Hammond 1590B boxes sitting around that i was going to try to squeeze it all into, but have come up unsuccessful finding a place for the bottle. Today, I realized how much room was above the battery sled in the box. It seems a smaller bottle on its side would fit there.

Can the bottles be mounted sideways in a box and still function? I am asking before I "just try it and find out" and waste a bunch of time fitting everything in the box if i have to just tear it out and start over in a bigger box.

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
It would be hard to route the tubing without a kink and hard to get the end of the tubing at the lowest place in the bottle. It shlould work but might be awkward and finicky. I built in a 1590b box. I made a dna30 squonker. I thought there was plenty of space. I fit a 25ml bottle in with no trouble. I am building one now in a 1590g box.
I see you are using two 18650s. Maybe you can put the chip on the bottom to free up some width. That's what I am doing in my 1590g box.
Best of luck.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
It would be hard to route the tubing without a kink and hard to get the end of the tubing at the lowest place in the bottle. It shlould work but might be awkward and finicky. I built in a 1590b box. I made a dna30 squonker. I thought there was plenty of space. I fit a 25ml bottle in with no trouble. I am building one now in a 1590g box.
I see you are using two 18650s. Maybe you can put the chip on the bottom to free up some width. That's what I am doing in my 1590g box.
Best of luck.
I thought about that, but the length of the chip might inhibit mounting it to the bottom. I also thought about somehow modifying my keystone battery sled to have more of a "diagonal stacked" configuration to free up some space. Hell, I even looked into the smallest lipo batteries that i could run in series to save a few mm of clearance to fit a small bottle lol. Aside from ordering a much larger, more expensive box, or making my own out of wood or acrylic, i'd like to make this work.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Best of luck.
Be careful with putting the chip at the bottom.That is how i built my dna squonker,the chip below the battery sled and bottle.I got a leak and juice got all over the chip,not a good combo having a wet chip haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread