Status
Not open for further replies.

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
The only top coils I've used were the cheap Stardusts. They didn't seem to have any of the problems that the larger top-coils do, or had them pretty rarely. I've read a lot about the Vivi Novas, probably the most popular top coil clearo for big battery mods, and I kept seeing you had to tilt them and stuff more and more as the tank gets lower and lower. I found a great bottom coil clearo that I use with my ProVari and it's the best thing since sliced bread, IMO. No leaks, no dry hits, no flooding, no tilting, coil head cleaning/replacement maybe every couple weeks. They work great with 100% VG also, all you have to do is remove some of the wick which is super easy and takes 10 seconds. Fill and vape. YMMV.

I'd love to know specifically which bottom coil clearo you're using - it sounds great! We just got the Vivi (mini, using the 2.8 head at 4.0/4.2 on eGo Twist) and within 2 days the coils are trashed/black, and darkening/burning our juice. Sure, it's high VG juice...but two days? I am certainly NOT impressed - argh :(

Do tell! Do tell!

lukezra

Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
NJ/NY, USA
i started with CE4 top-coil clearo's, then onto Mini Vivi Novas (also top coil). I eventually bought a Kanger ProTank (bottom coil), a couple Kanger T3's (bottom) and a full size Vivi Nova (top coil).

My findings:

TOP-COIL -
a) warmer vapor (this is a big factor for me...i prefer a warmer vapor because it seems to promote a fuller flavor for me, though i'm not sure everyone holds that same opinion)
b) extremely easy to clean/rebuild (especially handy when changing flavors)
c) the dry hits people complain about were common with the cheap CE4 clearos i started with, but i have not had any such issues with any of my Vivi Novas.

BOTTOM-COIL -
a) very consistent vapor production and flavor (every draw tastes and feels the same)
b) cooler vapor (see above explanation...i prefer warmer vapor)
c) a bit more challenging to clean (the Kanger Protank is VERY easy to clean however)
d) leaks (i have a useless Kanger T3 that leaks everywhere, but my ProTank does not leak at all)

I have stated a preference for top-coil clearos to most of my vaping friends and i stand by it. There are fewer options out there for top-coil clearos, however. That said, Vivi Novas and mini Vivi Novas have been pretty perfect for my foray into vaping thus far.

hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread