BOTTOM FEEDERS= a place for everything modified and/or custom made

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
hey guys, this thread is specifically for custom built or highly modified bottom feeders.... I've seen many cool custom made bottom feeders throughout the years here on ECF but each one has there own thread that gets seen a bit by a few, then gets buried and fades away... I've seen some really cool builds but now if I wanted to find any of them I couldn't. many of us start out in the reo forum but then when we start to get into anything outside of the reo we can no longer comfortably discuss it in reoville because lets face it, reoville is paid for and sponsored for reo's, not custom mods...

we have a thread here for high end mechanical mods and we have a thread for high end VV/VW devices, well here is a place to discuss anything custom bottom feed, weather you built a masterpiece yourself or have modified an existing bottom feeder, reo or not... post it up. have questions bout building a bottom feeder? post it up... this thread is for home made or modified bottom feeders and anything that has to do with building or modifying a bottom feeder. this thread was created to have a place to discuss all things bottom feed as up until now there really was no one go to thread for building and modifying bottom feeders

I'l add some pictures of my bottom feeders later because this thread is not about my bottom feeders it's for every one of you custom bottom feeder builders out there... so lets see what you've got :D

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
As this is the Modding Forum :

Modding Forum
The home of modders - the builders or modifiers of custom ecigs.

You discussions need to be of items you have made or modified.

Bottom Feeders that you bought - there is a whole Forum for that already :

Liquid Feed APV Discussion
Discussion of liquid feed Advanced Personal Vaporizers - general topics except building mods.
For construction, please use the Modding Forum.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
that's exactly what I had in mind. if you buy a bottom feeder there are certainly places to discuss and share everything about them, in either a thread dedicated to, or a forum section dedicated to your bottom feeder. this thread is not for your average commercial bottom feeder, this thread is more for the misfits, those who either hack up there stock bottom feeders and customize them or build there own, either from scratch or modifying some other existing mod and don't really fit anywhere else. this is def intended as a modders thread, not a place to show off your stock bottom feeder :)

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Don't meant to cross-post but I've been waiting for someone (with way more cred than me) start an appropriate thread...so I'll begin by tossing this up...

20141114_140822.jpg 20141114_140733.jpg 20141114_140657.jpg 20141114_140641.jpg 20141114_140529.jpg

Even though it's a pretty little mod of Paduck caps and Bubinga body It's built to handle a lot of current with the small amount of wire in it being #16 Stirling Silver to the solid brass (spring loaded neg contact) hence the fuse, I also had to add some #14 stranded to allow the neg contact vertical movement,(I couldn't find stranded Stirling). My typical 35A beryllium/silver HD relay contact leaf makes the pos. connection.

Props to Phidius for paduck squonk buttons. The airholes for the sunken Atomic are done in brass (cause I was board). You might notice I didn't have a lot of room the cross over so the pos of the batt goes to the brass disc the Atomic body is threaded to and the custom marine brass (soaked) center pin threads tight through the Atomic insulator, through the brass disc, insulated with 2 layers of HD mylar, then goes through a brass washer where the Stirling wire is pinched by a marine brass nut...then off to the fuse to the neg (yes I used "hole fill" electron flow theory as opposed to conventional flow on this mod :p)...funny thing is, my coils don't seem to mind.

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
Considering how much room you had to cram everything in there you did a hell of a neat job Quigs, it's real clean looking inside. As I said over at Reoville I really like the low profile look of the recessed atty just still concerned about the condensation issue. I would really appreciate your feedback after you get some vape time with this.

If it works good with no issues of condensation inside I think you gotta crank up that new toy of yours and mill out a billet version buddy.

I'm in the design phase of a new all mech woodie BFer. Theme is rare exotic wood and aluminum with a new custom BF 510 and aluminum button made by me on a lathe from scratch. It will be along the lines of Peter's (pdib) shape but not exactly.
* If you're reading this Peter I have to make my own version while I wait for my number to come up pal :D

No seriously it will be different to Peter's but after much thought his basic design is probably the best way to make a truly mech wooden bottom feeder. Not only does that shape favor mech connections but is also extremely space saving. Kudos to Peter for a great concept.

BTW I decided to dress up my modded VV Grand internally with matching burl as well because that ash I had before simply didn't match.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

15808800986_d73f12e363_o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread