Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Is it a sprung, floating center pin in those? or is it pressed/threaded in b.m.?...it's hard to tell from the pic and it's not mentioned (at least I can't see it)
Yeah they have the spring in them,and on mine,not sure if they are all like this or if i got a bad one,but the pin has a bit of side to side play in it,which i think is probably where mine is leaking at.It was suggested a few posts back to use a bit bigger o-ring in the top,which i plan on trying,but i think i may have found another solution if it works haha.Fat daddy sells the "kit" he says is needed to complete his bf connectors,it comes with tubing,o-rings,and metal tubes with a flange on one end.I bought that kit with my connector,and used the silcone tube and o-rings,but i didn't use the metal tube.I recently got a vapor flask sqounk clone,and it uses the flanged metal tube to slide through the 510,and i haven't had any leaks at all,so i am going to try that with the fd connector and see if that will possibly solve the leak so i don't fry another board haha.

Reactions: Doffy

Genosmate

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2014
South Africa
Wanted to make something like a L'il Pinch but from stabilised wood,with lots of help and advice from @CaptSteve I did these,one from Dyed Oregon Maple Burl and one from Czech Maple.
1.jpg
IMG_1172.jpg
IMG_1178.jpg
IMG_1196.jpg
IMG_1206.jpg
IMG_1207.jpg

studiovap

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Queensland Australia

Genosmate

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2014
South Africa
ok so i have searched the interwebs for dyed stabelized wood, all i can find are pen blanks, which i assume are too narrow for making a mod like this, can you tell me where you get these blanks?
Sure,those pieces came from here http://burlsource.us

Genosmate

Verified Member
Apr 27, 2014
South Africa
Thought I'd make a mini mod from an off cut of stabilised wood from which I'm busy with something else.
Made it as a gift for someone,it takes a 14500 battery and uses a 3ml bottle.The wood is figured maple.I don't think I can make a smaller mod from wood.
Credit to @CaptSteve again for the design of the internals.
01.jpg
IMG_1299.jpg
IMG_1302.jpg
IMG_1292.jpg

rudedog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2014
toledo ohio
So attempted to go low profile today since I don't have all the bits needed to do the 510. Yeah, using a variable speed jigsaw is borderline dangerous since I don't have a good table.

Waiting for my next pay check for a small WEN drill press and a table-top vice.

0c9e879a9ebc235307b1724342485f6e.jpg

In the meantime, gonna get some sand paper and stuff to strip the finish and get the reo looking nice. What do you guys recommend for a chemical strip on an aluminum Reo? Lye? I'm on page 56 right now. Trying to get through all 170+ posts.

Looking janky for now, we recently bought a condo, using the 2nd bedroom as my man cave. Trying to also build my side desk to put the press and a small table-top vice.

In your guys experience what's the best way not to breath in aluminum and metal particles? I have a couple 3m filtration masks With the replaceable filters on em.

Trying to decide if I do a mosfet/fuse setup so it stays mechanical but I get rid of the sparks/voltage drop, or go with an SX 350 mini J. I have 2 other REO's to work on, 1 is a LP Grand with updated SS510 + sub-ohm kit and the other is a stock Silver Vein Grand with up an upgraded sub-ohm kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know im way late to this question....but I use my bench grinder and the file the top smooth after.works great.-Rick

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I know im way late to this question....but I use my bench grinder and the file the top smooth after.works great.-Rick
That's pretty much how i did mine,but i used a handheld grinder then filed smooth.Someone a while back mentioned that they did theirs with a hacksaw and miter box.

Reactions: rudedog

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread