BOTTOM FEEDERS= a place for everything modified and/or custom made

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_B_86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
QLD, Australia
Since getting the Split RDTA ( :wub: ) a couple of months ago, I've been on a tear converting my RDTAs to bottom feed. In order from small to large: Nectar Micro V2, Corolla V1.5, Avocado 22, Avocado 24, Limitless, and Magma Reborn. I generally prefer the smaller ones, but the Avocado 22, the first I converted, has been a happy medium and in constant use.

Last night I converted it's fatter brother by scavenging the unused long center pin from the Corolla kit. Glad to have both siblings squonking away now.

View attachment 636939

Check out the Pindad RDTA by Bombertech, got it yesterday and its great.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Picked up the Wanko three days ago. Ran it for a day on a tube with the wave coil and liked it well enough. Then, I swapped out the bottom pin and threw in a 316L coil secured under the screws (after removing the clips), and mounted it on the Inoy rigged to run in SS TC. This has rapidly become one of my favorite BF atty and, for the money, well worth checking out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
What bottom pin did you use?

Picked up the Wanko three days ago. Ran it for a day on a tube with the wave coil and liked it well enough. Then, I swapped out the bottom pin and threw in a 316L coil secured under the screws (after removing the clips), and mounted it on the Inoy rigged to run in SS TC. This has rapidly become one of my favorite BF atty and, for the money, well worth checking out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gigdujour

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
e170ab3bfde61c516a34023d1e722332.jpg

Still waiting on dicodes board, and a few other things

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
This isn't a squonk related question, but there is such a great group of modders here that I am going to throw it out there. I am looking for some tubing around 1mm to 1/16in ID and no more than 3/16 OD that is good for 300C. It will be put on a brass tube that will be 250C for up to many hours and have a very slight vacuum. (very slight, like equivalent to when you blow over a straw and raise liquid inside it) I can't drain thermal energy away, therefore I can't use a very long metal tube to lower the temp and space is sparse. I have some silicone tubing good to 260C but in the event of a control error the redundant software hard cutoff is 300C so I would like to find some rated for that. It could also possibly ingest molten plastic at those temperatures, though that would mean something abnormal happened.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
You might try this:
1/16 Inch ID x 3/16 Inch OD x 1/16 Inch Wall 48460810 - MSC

Incidentally, most industrial silicone is rated for about 500F and the only stuff i found under that was some brewing tubing at 1/2" ID, they rated at 280F.

An alternative might be to look at some of the nylon tubes, which can not only handle that kind of pneumatic pressure easily, but are likely good to 300F too.

T

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Ventrilli principle ;)
Sorry, not familiar with that. It would be kinda like a pitot tube application but in reverse. Instead of measuring fluid flow it would influence it. I have almost decided it wouldn't work after hashing over it in my head at bedtime a few nights. Larger than usual nozzles for 3D printers when used with more viscous plastics ooze because they loose the back pressure created by what is called retraction. Just a wild hair for an idea to prevent ooze in large nozzles. For sure wouldn't be the first idea I had that worked as well as screen doors on a submarine.

Reactions: Doffy

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Sorry, not familiar with that. It would be kinda like a pitot tube application but in reverse. Instead of measuring fluid flow it would influence it. I have almost decided it wouldn't work after hashing over it in my head at bedtime a few nights. Larger than usual nozzles for 3D printers when used with more viscous plastics ooze because they loose the back pressure created by what is called retraction. Just a wild hair for an idea to prevent ooze in large nozzles. For sure wouldn't be the first idea I had that worked as well as screen doors on a submarine.
The venturi principle is the name for what is happening in your example, the vacuum created by movement (air or liquid) over a small opening, such as the straw in your example.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Yes, familiar with venturi but the misspelling had me stumped. Did some 2D flow modeling many years ago in "Fluent" to do with the Magnus effect that included varius venturi about the central rotor to see the effect on the boundary layer. That happened when I run across an old obscure book from the 1920's "Story of the rotor" by Anton Flettner. Oh, to have that kind of free time now.....

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
All i need is sulphuric acid and electricity? That looks fabulous.

If HRH discovers electricity and acid, i'll be disfigured and she will indeed be a Smurf.

Buckeye burl? nice job. Tamworth was once only famous for escaped pigs, but i'm not hungry now.
The last of the 'Tamworth Two' pigs dies at age 14 - BBC News

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread