• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Bought the wrong gauge wire. Suggested coil builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M9Clouds

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
So i got my hands on some 24g wires(ordered wrongly) and now im a little lost.

Ive been vaping on 26g kanthal coils previously and now i cant seem to get the same ohms on my setup. Im using a kanger subtank in RTA mode and ipv mini 2. Previously i was doing 5 wraps on 26g to get about 0.6-0.5 ohms. But in order to get the same ohms i did 8 wraps on 24g kanthal. I find the vape very hot very fast and constantly get dry hits.

Im not sure what ohms are safe to run on my mod. Any suggestions? Or should i just buy another roll of 26g kanthal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Find something larger, another screwdriver, a nail, whatever, make the coil larger so you can get more wick in it to help feed it better.
Your mod will go down to .2 ohms, not sure if that's in temp control or not, not a lot of info out there. It will say for sure in the manual, but I'm sure it will do wattage down to .5 ohms.

crazyhendrix

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2016
Singapore
I dont have a coiler yet so im still using a 2mm screw driver to make my coils.

Im using a Kanger Subtank mini RTA with IPV mini 2 mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coil wrapping - use steam-engine to find your optimum settings. shoot for 200-300 mW/mm² on the heat flux side, and you should have a good starting point. your screwdriver will make a 2mm ID coil. so, it's gonna be 2mm ID, 24 awg, 5 wraps for 0.37ohm or there about. 18 watts?

Reactions: transcab

M9Clouds

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
so i took all of your advice, on the way home i bought myself one of those screw driver kits and it had one which allowed me to make a 2.4mm ID coil, did 5 wraps and vaping it on 17-20 watts is producing amazing flavor and clouds! thanks everyone!! TGIF! gonna enjoy my weekend even more now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread