Boxer Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
At $135.00 per unit, Boxer could have at least used a spring-loaded 510 pin, like the Therion BF. I just can't imagine a cogent thinking individual paying $135.00, for what is essentially a plastic flashlight - bulb not included! :lol:

The 510 *is* spring loaded on the authentic. And it's better than the one in the Therion.

Reactions: jcoopercam

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
The Wasp is what I wanted to run on mine, but it wouldn't make a connection.
Too bad the 510 is not adjustable.
Snip a thin piece off of the squonk tube to make a washer. Take apart the 510, pull out the vented screw and put the washer under the hard insulating washer and reassemble. It will now make contact.

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Reactions: TheWestPole

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
The 510 *is* spring loaded on the authentic. And it's better than the one in the Therion.
I didn't know this? I was told it was fixed. In what way is it "better" than the Therion?

Don't get me wrong, I love the look of the Boxer! I'd love to own one, no question about it. I just want to know that the plastic button is going to be able to tolerate the heat from the 510 base. As far as pricing... It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
I didn't know this? I was told it was fixed. In what way is it "better" than the Therion?

Don't get me wrong, I love the look of the Boxer! I'd love to own one, no question about it. I just want to know that the plastic button is going to be able to tolerate the heat from the 510 base. As far as pricing... It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

I get no detectable heat at all at the button, even when chain vaping at low resistance, and the top of the mod dissipates heat very well too. There is a lot of material there, nice and thick. As for the 510 vs the therion, to me it's machined a lot better. Threads in particular. The pin also seems to have more range of motion than the therion. On my therion, I have a few atomizers with long pins that won't sit flush. No problem on the boxer with anything I've thrown at it. The boxer 510 is a very good design. I've also had absolutely zero leaking or seepage and the contact area is nice and big. Very solid.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
So after a week being stuck in the Chicago USPS Distribution hub, my Boxer finally arrived. I ordered the Gorge to go on top and the YFTK Replacement Bottles.

After an hour or so I am loving the setup so far. The button has a little longer throw then I am used to, but aside from that, no complaints. The YFTK Bottles do touch the screws, but not the battery, but still I made sure my wrap was good on the battery I put in there.

Squonker Family pic (Wow the Boxer is small)
35903238995_0cf9079c58_z.jpg

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
So after a week being stuck in the Chicago USPS Distribution hub, my Boxer finally arrived. I ordered the Gorge to go on top and the YFTK Replacement Bottles.

After an hour or so I am loving the setup so far. The button has a little longer throw then I am used to, but aside from that, no complaints. The YFTK Bottles do touch the screws, but not the battery, but still I made sure my wrap was good on the battery I put in there.

Squonker Family pic (Wow the Boxer is small)
35903238995_0cf9079c58_z.jpg
That's small, but it looks very cool. I'm not a fan of the white button, but whatever. As long as it performs well. I have an idea what I want in a Boxer mod, but it's going to cost a lot to make how I want it. Are the Boxer's (authentic and clone) surface painted or dyed nylon?

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
That's small, but it looks very cool. I'm not a fan of the white button, but whatever. As long as it performs well. I have an idea what I want in a Boxer mod, but it's going to cost a lot to make how I want it. Are the Boxer's (authentic and clone) surface painted or dyed nylon?

The Clone is painted, but I believe the authentic is dyed nylon.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C

I think it was Mike vapes review that he mentioned the 510, it's worth a watch.
if memory serves he said ginger vaper designed the 510 rather than using an off the shelf unit. He even dismantled the 510 in the video. I like my clone, but the build quality of the authentic is by far better from what I'm hearing. And the button matches. They also sell door/button kits to customize them. I am seriously considering ordering the 20700 version. (Once I save enough and can sneak it by the missus lol)

Reactions: jcoopercam

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
I think it was Mike vapes review that he mentioned the 510, it's worth a watch.
if memory serves he said ginger vaper designed the 510 rather than using an off the shelf unit. He even dismantled the 510 in the video. I like my clone, but the build quality of the authentic is by far better from what I'm hearing. And the button matches. They also sell door/button kits to customize them. I am seriously considering ordering the 20700 version. (Once I save enough and can sneak it by the missus lol)
I'm thinking about ordering one myself. Is the 20700 battery a better way to go?

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I'm thinking about ordering one myself. Is the 20700 battery a better way to go?
Do not have one yet, but everyone I talk to says they get much longer battery life. Obviously depending on the battery you use. I am typically a regulated vaper so I do notice the battery drop off during useage on mechs. Love the size of these though. The Ijoy 20700's are pretty widely available and good batts from what I hear.

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
I've read that the authentic Boxer's are not dyed nylon, but are surface stained. People who purchased black Boxer's say they have worn (faded) to reveal the actual grey color of the box. Apparently, the grey colored Boxer is the one with no colored surface coating. Word has it that they are making a regulated version of the Boxer squonker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread