Brand new atomizer, horrible burnt taste!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertPallson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Boston, MA
Someone please explain this. I've been vaping this brand new atomizer for 2-3 days now with no problems, then all of a sudden I drag on it and it tastes horrible. I figure maybe the cart is running a little dry, so i refill, put it back on and same thing. Horrible taste and plenty of juice in the cart. How does this happen and is there any way to fix it?

phinneyk

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Sacramento CA
man you totally beat me to it. I was just about to post on the same issue. I just gor two new attys for my janty classic. Right off the bat. One of em works ok but its performance is horrible. The second one has the most foul taste and smell. I can't use it. I blew them out. Might give them a peroxide bath nd see if that helps... I really hope so.

RobertPallson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Boston, MA
An update on that burnt tasting atomizer:

I decided to keep puffing on it just to see if the burnt taste would go away or lessen. Sure enough the taste got less and less untill eventually after maybe an hour it was completely gone. I would recommend to keep puffing on it (without inhaling if it is too unbearable) and see if it eventually goes away on its own.

Robert

Moved On
Jun 18, 2009
San Diego, CA.
Someone please explain this. I've been vaping this brand new atomizer for 2-3 days now with no problems, then all of a sudden I drag on it and it tastes horrible. I figure maybe the cart is running a little dry, so i refill, put it back on and same thing. Horrible taste and plenty of juice in the cart. How does this happen and is there any way to fix it?

do you align the cart?- search align cart

jimik

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
Spring Hill, Fl
An update on that burnt tasting atomizer:

I decided to keep puffing on it just to see if the burnt taste would go away or lessen. Sure enough the taste got less and less untill eventually after maybe an hour it was completely gone. I would recommend to keep puffing on it (without inhaling if it is too unbearable) and see if it eventually goes away on its own.

This is basically the solution. Both atomizers that came with my kit had a nasty taste to them as well, and after using it the nasty taste dissipated. I think it has to do with the fact that the atomizers were not sealed in the kit. Because I have purchased atomizers since, and they were sealed and did not have the harsh taste.

My own opinion is that the primer fluid gets a bit stale.. Anyone else notice that the kits with unsealed atomizers have a nasty taste to them?

mhikl

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2009
NE Cowtown, Alberta, Canada
Just started vaping a week ago and found that one of my units also tasted burnt. Then I noticed that it seemed to over heat and the LED would stay on for a long time and as well, would pull spastic on me lighting up when I picket it up, tapped it, stroked it gently, looked at it or ignored it.

The burnt smell is irritating. A new one is coming, but being penny wise I thought I might continue using it off and on and the burnt taste seems to have gone, though I don't trust it and it may just be waiting to make a liar of me. My other batter met its maker so I have to use the flakey unit until the new ones arrive. Meanwhile, it isn't overheating as much as it did at first. Maybe use it as a lender and let someone else can break it in for you. I should have thought of that sooner.

Cheers,
mhikl

sorry if it seems like im attempting to hijack this thread, but i have a similar problem. i just got mine today and i thought that the cartrige attached had the nicotine etc. in it already so i tried smoking it on and off for about an hour with no buzz. then of course i realized my error and put a new cartrige on. but im still not getting much of a buzz and it does have a slight burnt taste... is it possible that i burnt out my atomizer? i mean it was making smoke without the cartrige etc. but can that mess them up???

ParaPXT45

Aug 22, 2009
USA
I had this happen to four 510 attys. 2 of them started 4 days after using them and the other 2 were brand new with that burnt taste. After rinsing in rubbing alcohol, peroxide, boiling in water for 5 minutes, changing cartridges, direct dripping with an empty cart, blowing them out with an air compressor, and even dry burning them 4 or 5 times in a row the taste was still there every bit as bad as before. As a last resort I vaped them without inhaling for 9 days and they finally cleared up. I would have guessed that it was just the factory primer except that the first two worked for 4 full days before producing that extremely horrible burnt taste. So whatever the cause, if you just use them, although you have to waste a crap load of e liquid, it will eventually eliminate the burnt taste/smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread