brand new ego t ce6 clearomiser burnt taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamlarge

Mar 24, 2013
manchester
i bought a ce6 clearomiser just over a weak ago and it was brilliant it had a rich flavour and good amount of vapor but i gained a leakage problem which i found out was to do with the threaded ring had misplaced on the mouthpeice, i took it back to my local store today and they replaced the whole clearomiser for me and gave me a full refill and within 10 minutes of having it i had at most 6 draws on it which didnt produce any flavor or very much vapor and then was suddenly hit with a very burnt taste.

i did leave it to soak in for a few minutes before using it,

has anybody else had this issue and is there anything that could have done wrong or not done atall which would have made this happen? or does anybody know of a way to solve this issue as i will not be able to take it back again for a few days now because the shops opening times dont agree with my work times

i have heard of recent versions that you need to do something to clear some priming fluid? none of this has ever been explained to me in the store i presume they must do all that themselves as they like to set up everything for you and are usually very helpfull

also if it helps im currently using a 16mg watermelon liquid which also came from the store and was recommended by them it says on the bottle t.b.m.s. ltd i guess thats the make

any help or advice will be much appreciated :)

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
are you tipping it to the side and letting the juice catch the top of the head?

with my redux.. i get about 6-8 good draws before i need to tip it around again.. let the juice reach the top and then I'm ok for a bit

i'm not sure about the primer fluid issue you mentioned.. i've never heard of that issue or dealt with it personally

whenever you can.. try getting an iclear30 (little more expensive but well worth it - about 10-15$ depending on where you can find them) its the best clearo out imo and i've tried a good amount. ive been using for a week and never had 1 burnt taste and barely ever have to tip it or clean it.

adamlarge

Mar 24, 2013
manchester
ive got the ego t 650mah battery and the mouthpeice is fixed now it a whole new clearo, and i thought it could be getting to hot, i looked into it and it glows bright red and crackles slightly but then i thought the wicking might not be feeding the coil with enough liquid so i tried putting a couple of drops straight onto the coil where the wicking runs through it and it works for one go but i cant keep doing that everytime i want to use it

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
i would try cleaning it out.. maybe with some warm water / vodka and then let it dry and re-fill it .. either way start looking at a little more expensive clearo's .. its worth the $ for it and the replacement heads if you won't need to deal with this headache ever again lol!

or you can always bring it back and see if they know why its like being like that (I know how it is trying to get to the vendor shops during the work week, I can only go on Sat's) but its possible it's just busted.. those things as always get shipped from china and are not made very well sometimes.

adamlarge

Mar 24, 2013
manchester
il look into it, this one has the changable coil heads but that means paying even more ontop of what ive already spent, and i know what you mean about the quality, the plastic moves where it slots into the bit thats screws into battery and it makes a gap where the rubber seal on top of the coil meets the moutpeice and makes the tank fill with vapor and leak into the mouthpeice

NeilSwift

Moved On
Jan 21, 2013
United Kingdom
i thought it could be getting to hot, i looked into it and it glows bright red and crackles slightly but then i thought the wicking might not be feeding the coil with enough liquid so i tried putting a couple of drops straight onto the coil where the wicking runs through it and it works for one go but i cant keep doing that everytime i want to use it

Might be a bad batch of clearos from your supplier. It shouldn't be getting hot unless you really cane it and then it still really shouldn't get that hot. Have you brimmed it with juice? Have you another battery to try it on? Really does sound as though the fluid is not getting up the wick enough. I would agree with BostonVape and say give it a clean but if it's a new clearo I can't see that helping. You might have to "drip" until you sort it.

adamlarge

Mar 24, 2013
manchester
i have filled it to the 1.6 marking which is the maximum marking, although i have just cleaned it out and refilled it but this time i have put mostly my watermlon liquid in but its pretty thick so i have some dekang citrus puch liquid that i picked up for £3.50 from another shop which is very runny although i havent used it much because its 24mg which is a bit to stron for my liking but ive put a little of that in so its not as thick and now the burning taste seems to have gone so it must be wicking better but its still not very flavourful although that could be because im used to the flavor as ive been using watermelon for a while now

so for now it seems to be better, thanks for the help and advice ive just found this site il make sure to use it more often and try to help out if i can :)

etchie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Winter Springs, FL, USA
with my redux.. i get about 6-8 good draws before i need to tip it around again.

Is Redux short for something or is that the name of it? I'm having the same issue with the CE6. I also have a couple CE4's but I haven't tried them yet. I really would prefer having the bigger tank the EC6 has though (2.5). I have an igo 4 and I'm still trying to figure out exactly what clearomizers go with it.

dangkhoa02106

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
VIET NAM
First, you must use a Volt-Ohm meter to determine the value of your atomizer. P=(U*U)/R, so if R is low, power will too high, it will not only burn your wick (the vaporization is so fast, your wick can not absorb enough juice) but also make your juice becomes to thin so you will smell a burnt taste and get a leak juice in the airways of clearomizer.

Now, you must use water or rubbing alcohol to wash your clearomizer, after that dry burn 2 - 3 times (hold until you see a hot red coil) to remove the solid precipitate in your wick. Use a few drops of your new flavor e-juice on the wick and hold the button, this way will remove old flavor and set a new one to the wick (do it when you disassembly your tank away, just connect the metal base in the battery). I have a CE4+, two CE5, a Kanger T2 and a Vivi Nova but they always in good condition, no burnt taste, no leak, no flooding. This kind of clearomizer just need a little care and they will work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread