Brand New Evic User.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewrightstuff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Mineola, NY
Hi everyone, I have been vaping over a year now, mostly on egos and spinners. Won an Evic on FB last week and should be getting it this week. I consider myself more of a "stealth" vaper, with smaller egos, spinners, and a gripper as my only mod to date. I am thinking about getting the 18350 tube so that the Evic is smaller, not a big fan of the huge mods, but since I won it, I want to use it.

Any tips, tricks, input, or insight ? What do you guys like most about it, least about it ??? Can I just power it up out of the box (with a charged batt, of course), or do I have to download firmware prior to my first vape?

I am not a sub-ohm vaper, prefer mini protank IIs and evods at 1.8 ohm. What would be a good wattage setting to start off with?

Thanks in advance !!!

KevinW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Rhode Island
I just got the eVic for Xmas and love it. Out of the box it is ready to go but depending on what firmware version you have I would recommend downloading the MVR v1.4 software and updating the eVic to 1.4 if it isn't already. Some really nice changes were put in 1.3 and 1.4.

My first impression of the eVic when I opened it was, WOW it's smaller then I thought. I come from Vision Spinner 1300mAh batteries and have no issue with the increase in size in its 18650 setup (but that's just me).

The 2.5ohm and 1.8ohm heads for the ProTank II (also using that very same thing) works awesome on it and it looks great as well. Pick up an eGo thread cover and / or the air flow controller to help save your threads and you should be good to go.

I've built a few coils for the eVic on the igo-L (1.5 ohm) and love it. Use anything you like above a 1.0 ohm and you should be fine.

Congrats

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
congrats to both you guys on your new eVics ... I bought one back in Sept and it has worked flawless (28,000 puffs) ... it was the reason I was able to kick a 30 year smoking habit.

I like it so much, I bought a backup eVic from the classies here on ECF ... this second eVic came with a Siam Mods Stainless Steel 18350 shorty tube kit.

The Siam Mods tube kit on this eVic has added some serious weight, and just makes the device much more premium (the threads move like butter) :2cool:

SiamModsEvic2.jpg SiamModsEVic.jpg

Cheers and Happy New Year :party:

Sthur

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Denver
Congrats on the evic, you can use it in stealth mod where nothing lights up to give you away in the dark. In the main menu.

I run 1.8 coils on my pt2 rebuild and enjoy it so much. Works good at 7.6 watts. I found a fruity profile I like from evic sire and my vapor section you can dl.

Get the firmware updated first to 1.4 first and battery should have 1/2 to 3/4 charge out of the box.

Enjoy you new device.

Topdogie01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Illinois, United States
MVR will update to 1.4 and the next update will be 2.0. but there is also chatter about a new version of the Evic being worked on http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_.../ladies_and_gentlemen_i_give_you_the_evic_ii/ but last post was around 4 months ago. that may explain the huge jump and less updates in the firmware, but im also not sure how much more they can change in the firmware (translation errors please! "No Atomizer Found" rather than "No atomizer find"!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread