Brand new Protank 3 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigguyjake

Dec 4, 2013
Bemidji, MN
I am loving my PT3 as well. 2 things that I keep seeing that you should not do with it though. Do not prime it by taking dry hits, and don't over tighten it. Also the "beauty ring" that comes with it is adjustable to control the drag resistance. IDK I am running at 9 watts right now and I am getting great flavor and vapor. I tried using the "beauty ring" that came with my MVP 2 and it was causing me some major problems with gurgling and wet hits, once I went to the one that came with my tank it worked great. Also check how thin your juice is, I use 80vg and 20pg and it seems to run just fine. I see a lot of people complaining about the PT's and I own a few and all of them have been great. All the problems I have had, have been my own fault and ignorance to fair. Personally the easy drag does not bother me. REMEMBER it is dual coil, so don't be afraid to bump the VV or VW up a bit.

03TTAWD

Dec 4, 2013
Monterey, CA, USA
I just ordered a PT3, no experience with any of the previous versions though. After reading a bunch of reviews, I noticed a small but significant amount of complaints about the draw. The fix that multiple people mentioned was an air control valve. They're on sale on various sites for less than $5, so I ordered one of those along with it. I'll post again later after I get to test them both out. Maybe I'll also try with and without the valve.

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
I just ordered a PT3, no experience with any of the previous versions though. After reading a bunch of reviews, I noticed a small but significant amount of complaints about the draw. The fix that multiple people mentioned was an air control valve. They're on sale on various sites for less than $5, so I ordered one of those along with it. I'll post again later after I get to test them both out. Maybe I'll also try with and without the valve.

yes, please update once you got your vapemail....I'm very interested....I have not considered getting one of those air flow controllers yet, but I might.

03TTAWD

Dec 4, 2013
Monterey, CA, USA
yes, please update once you got your vapemail....I'm very interested....I have not considered getting one of those air flow controllers yet, but I might.

Will do. Apparently the AFCs are nice to adjust flow. I've read that Vamos have weak threading, so leaving the AFC in means I'll be messing with those threads once rather than whenever I swap out a PT3 or whatever else.

A separate AFC for PT3's?
I think it's just a generic 510. This is the one I ordered:
Tank Airflow Controller

03TTAWD

Dec 4, 2013
Monterey, CA, USA

So I got everything in the mail. My main issue with the PT3 is that everything comes apart when you open it to fill. The only thing holding the glass tank section to the rest of it is gravity. I wrapped it with paper towel when filling just in case. Nothing came out then. It did leak a lot later when I tilted the whole thing (attached to the Vamo V5). Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I haven't used it since then. The iClear30 has been on the V5 since and I like it. Haven't tested out the Aspire BDC yet.

Basically, the PT3 is a bunch of separate parts and once you unscrew the bottom of it (to fill) there is nothing holding the glass tank in place..it is loose. There is a lot of praise for it though, so I think I'm just still a noob.

edit - Also, I had my last cig a few days ago and doing just fine!

03TTAWD

Dec 4, 2013
Monterey, CA, USA
Oh, and the air controller is in there, but I haven't really made any adjustments on it, so I can't say anything about it really. Once I mess around with it some more, I'll post back.

Apparently Vamos are known for weak threading, so at least the air control valve helps in that part. I screw that in once then swap out cartos without constantly engaging the Vamo threads.

I got a protank 3 not sure if I like it or not. When I first got it put it on right away got virtually no vape at all. Tried and tried hardly anything switched the coil and same thing. The guy at the store gave me another coil and that worked pretty good for a while lasted about normal for a coil. Had to wait for the replacement coils to come in bought five. I am using one now works pretty good like the vape but it stops working I take it off blow it out and works again but only for a short while. I have to keep doing this or it doesn't work. No gurgling or juice coming out the tube just no vapor. I really want it to work consistently because I like the vape when it works and I bought 5 coils for it is there anything I can do? Something I am doing wrong? Vamo v 5 12w have also tried other wattage settings

Prolikethis

Oct 4, 2013
USA
Can you make a picture of the coil, cause its dual?! With and without the lid. I would like to see if it can be rebuilt at home. Thank you

Me and another friend have successfully rebuilt the protank three coils it's not as easy as a Protank two but it's not that hard either. But I can confirm to you the coils can be rebuildable

Prolikethis

Oct 4, 2013
USA
Yeah, I forgot to mention the wick area was being flooded.

I should mention that with all bottom feeding atomizers that if you turn the thing upside down and put paper towel over the end you can blow the extra liquid out. This technique will only blow out the juice that is sitting at the bottom of your atomizer where it's flooded and you will not blow out any of the juice in your tank, also take a Q-tip and clean out your mod where the connection is made to your atomizer because you will have juice inside there from when it flooded which will still give you the gurgling effect if you don't.

I only have the problem where just the wick area floods. I have never had the center tube flood where you get liquid in your mouth. Just have the wick get so saturated that it produces no vapor. I just take the coil of blow it out and it works fine. But I do that a lot that is y I wonder if I am doing something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread