Status
Not open for further replies.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Be sure and wet the wicks down the first time. I used 10 drops. Then insert the tube leaving it out just enough to fill then insert the rest of the way. I am using a couple different pwm mods that voltage is higher than what they read. I start low on a new coil about 3.3 and slowly increase the volts after a few hours of breaking in the coil.

I am up to 5 volts now on a 2 ohm coil I built after about a days use

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
OK I picked one up late this afternoon. Let me start by saying I have never used any kind of rba before

The first thing you need to know if you're getting one. Don't do what I did and take the plastic tube clear off the bottom assembly. Getting the wicks back in was tricky for me since I had never messed with one before. Hold onto the tank and just pull out the top part which includes the air tube. Then you can drip your initial ten drops of juice onto the wicks. Then you can put the top part back in and tilt it to the side when it's almost in and then fill the tank. Then you can slide the top cap in place and you should be ready to go. I would also say here to resist the temptation to over saturate the wicks. Stick to the ten drops. If your first hits seem a little dry then you can take a couple of unpowered hits to get more juice to the wicks. Don't overdue that either or you'll flood the wicks.

Now that that's out of the way. I can say that this unit is easy to fill and should be easy to change out your juice. It's producing lots of vapor with real good flavor and TH. It got steadily better as the evening progressed. Probably due to the break in of the new coil and wick. Overall I'm very pleased with the performance of this rba and it is definitely something I will get a few more of and continue. Since I was able to get the hang of this I would have to say this is top tank rba for dummies. Seems almost foolproof. Of course my real test will be if I'm able to change the coil out OK. The only problem I had was over saturating the wicks and flooding it out the first time. Once I got that cleared up it worked flawlessly. The flavor is definitely better than the best tank carto system I've used.

Sorry to be so long winded, but I thought by sharing my mistakes, it might make it a little easier for someone else.

Oh, I noticed that Vapingzone has the replacement coil/wick up on the site now. They just got the 2.5ohm in today they will have the others in the near future. I also tried this on my Vmax, YJ Lavatube, and VZ VV-3 and I started around 3.5v and am already up around 4.4v with the 2.5ohm coil.

Last edited:

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
I like that the rba for dummies....lol

I think that is what I do like best about these very easy to work with for first time rba users

But with that being said this preforms just as good if not a hair better than my china did... (that i have renamed the sis out of respect for did users).

Don't over think this setup not much you can do wrong with it.

When you pull the tube off the bottom end exposing the coil and wicks. Jut run the wicks up into the tube and leave them there. Then insert top end with the air tube. This will push the wicks down. They will not go down into the bottom of the heating chamber they will stay up above the the coil. I have found that works just fine. The wicks do not need to be running down to bottom of heating chamber.

sbrba1.jpg

If the draw is hard or it feels like its flooded it probably is not but rather a wet wick is blocking the air tube. Just run a paperclip down into air tube to move the wick away from air tube hole. Once the wicks are wet they will not move around so this is something you will not have a problem with very often

Nurzrachit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Gray,GA.
Mgmrick, Ordered mine this morning with some DIY supplies. I like the design, with the top tank. Kind of like the g-bell. I'm gonna try some different builds with this just for fun, and at the price no biggie if a screw up. Will post my results good and bad with pics on the thread when I get it going. Thanks for the heads up. Mgmrick, you may want to post your experience on the SIS, on the DUD builds thread. Seems that little thing is getting alot of nicknames, but no one wants to call it a DID clone. SIS,DUD,DID'nt,Griffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread