Brand new rba bottom coil tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Oh wow! Got in from work tonight, checked my mailbox, and low and behold my order from VZ with my rba. I am too tired to even think about setting it up. Shipping is amazingly fast! I bought another type of ce5 (I think) from VZ. It looks very interesting. Now if VZ could get some ce3 bottom coils I would be happy. :) I love bottom coils.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Updates on using the new rba.

I was having a few issues with the wicks. Occasionally I was getting some flooding. If you get one you'll see there is a lot of wick material in a small space. Then mgmrick suggested that I cut out one of the wicks. You wouldn't want to pull it out because that might screw up the coil. That took care of the over wicking problems.

I am a fairly heavy vapor and take hard draws. That was resulting in the wicks blocking the air tube. Then it dawned on me that the wicks were very long and that I could cut them down, so I cut about a quarter inch off the length of wicks. This seemed to solve all my issues and now it wicks well without blocking the air tube and vapes like a champ.

I also decided to try 100% VG juice. I vaped a full tank with no issues at all.

These are very simple mods to the wicks that result in a perfect vape. Keep in mind that I'm still a noob and this is my first rba. Of course my next challenge will be changing the wick/coil, but the way it's working that could a good ways off.

Oh, almost forgot I'm vaping around 5v with the standard wick/coil on a Vmax. But when I first started using this I started with low voltage and worked my way up as the coil broke in.

Hope this helps.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
what we really have here is a dripper that does not leak and only drops a couple of drops on juice onto the coil when we vape. So we reload the coil with juice without needing to take our bottle of juice out and drop another couple of drops of juice onto the coil. I leave mine standing up over night and no juice from the tank leaks down into heating chamber. Juice only drops down when you vape without flooding out the bottom heating chamber

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
MGM, from looking at it, it works on a vacuum when you draw it draws the juice through the hole. Looks quite simple but effective.

I will set one up first thing in the AM and give it a good work out.

Ok vapingzone cares these but who makes them. I may be interested in buying a bunch in bulk :)

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
One more question, How do you fill it.

Don't forget about the wick mods. They help a lot.

One more thing I noticed today when I cleaned and refilled is to be gentle with the wick/coil. I was getting some juice into the connection and my coil was resting on the bottom air hole. I gently raised it just a hair and the problem was eliminated.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Looking forward to it, Jimi. I've cocked the hammer and ready to pull the trigger on 10 of these bad boys straight from the supplier. I've been waiting a year for a rebuildable bottom coil. Am I the only one who likes a cool vape?

I also have the Penelope RBA which is also a bottom coil. But the Penelope is designed to use non-resistance wire on both ends. Having to connect non-resistance wires to the resistance wire is a real pain in the .... if you ask me. And the Penelope is expensive. I have my fingers crossed on this one.

Last edited:

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I also have the Penelope RBA which is also a bottom coil. But the Penelope is designed to use non-resistance wire on both ends. Having to connect non-resistance wires to the resistance wire is a real pain in the but if you ask me. And the Penelope is expensive. I have my fingers crossed on this one.

FYI Just look at my post #42 and cut the wicks down first and it should work great for you.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
FYI Just look at my post #42 and cut the wicks down first and it should work great for you.

I'm not saying that it doesn't work, and I'm not having issues at all with flooding my Penelope, which is a different atty than the one that is discussed here.

I'm saying that...fiddling with non-resistance wires is a pain. Thats all.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
Having a hard time getting one to feed. Using 50/50 juice. Any suggestions.

The air hole is clear of the wick I made sure the hole was clean. Not sure what Is going on.

I modded the 2nd one I have and made a nice little BF-RBA :) May pick up a few more over time and Mod them out not sure yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread