Brand New Website being launched next week....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TypeOholic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
The new site looks great! I really like the new layout. It is easier to find things and easier to see.

One issue I found... The drop box for the Sort options partially covers the image for the top right item on any product listing page. For example, go to the Cartomizers page. The box that says "Sort by: Name" partially covers the 3rd and 4th item image.

If it matters I am using FireFox 8.0 on a widescreen laptop at 1600 X 900.

Just FYI. Good luck with the new site!

PONKAW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2011
Panama city
The new site looks sparkely and new!...but.
I'm sure its sorta in beta right now... On an ipad its only using half the screen. The header bar goes all the way across and the yellow cart bar goes about 3/4 across. Everything else is on the left side and uses about 60% of the screen.
Also can the age verify be accomplished just once on website entry?
Other wise impressive new site.
Looking foward to future purchases
D.

lemonshrew

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
A, A
The new site looks great! I really like the new layout. It is easier to find things and easier to see.

One issue I found... The drop box for the Sort options partially covers the image for the top right item on any product listing page. For example, go to the Cartomizers page. The box that says "Sort by: Name" partially covers the 3rd and 4th item image.

If it matters I am using FireFox 8.0 on a widescreen laptop at 1600 X 900.

Just FYI. Good luck with the new site!

I had the same problem. I'm using an older version of FF.

I also can't log in. I'm 99% sure I typed my password in correctly. Tried it twice, didn't work.

Otherwise, love the new look. There are always bugs to work out.

mmmelaney

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
Seattle, WA
Checkout is very confusing. When you enter a credit card and hit continue it just seems to ignore you and take you back to the top of the page as if there's an error. Checked all of my info and hit it two more times. Nothing. Then I decided to go back to my cart and try again. I go to the top of the page and hit what looks like my cart checkout button -- there are 3 of them listed there. I hit one and it says thank you for your order.

So I guess it was popping up these checkout buttons at the top all along??? Strange process. Why not just take me to the next page?

As a side note I love you guys and thanks for the hard work.

mmmelaney

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
Seattle, WA
I know I am sounding like a sour-puss and I'm sorry. This is just honest feedback that I'm assuming you want. Sorry again.

The hardware pages don't show whether the item is in stock before going into each product's page. Since so many things are out of stock, it makes browsing the page slow and frustrating. I really liked this feature before. You just went to the accessories page for Joye 510 and you saw a quick list of items and what was in stock.

Thanks again!

rwaters

Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
Earth
Here is some honest feedback:
The mouseover menu seems too long for a normal screen (1600x1200), maybe lines in it can be smaller font, wider (single rows) with less space between them. The entire site seems a bit long vertically with a bit unnecessarily tall header/footer and long categories menu. Other than that it has a cleaner look than before, and I'm sure functinality is much better!

Anaconda

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
Freddy Beach, NB, Canada
Well I missed a huge change. I took a break from ordering over the holidays, and wanted to come back and make sure the C/C option was back for my next order. I brought up the page and BAM!!! Wow what a change. I must say, I was certain I made a typo, and was going to email the crew to give them a heads up that someone had copy catted (if thats a word... LOL) thier name, and then I realized you had changed the site. I am still just navagating around, but I'll be sure to let you know what I miss, and what I like about the new site.

Cheers

PS: I figured out pretty quick after 2 attemps that I had to hit the forgot password link to get back online. :) Glad to see my prev orders carried over. :)

Energon

Apr 21, 2011
USA
I just placed an order on the new site. Here's my feedback:

Personally I'm not a fan of blue, but my own tests (for unrelated products) have shown that it converts well, so probably best to keep it.

You spelled "disposable e-cigarette" wrong in the nav! You have it spelled "cigerette." :ohmy:

Your confirmation email is sending a copy of the CS Cart logo - as an attachment.

In the bar where the previous orders and wish list are, you have not standardized the capitalization. You should. You have it "Previous Orders" (title case), yet "Wish list" has the second word in all lowercase.

In the bestseller images on the front page, your almond e-juice says to contact you for price. I see that the price shows when the image is clicked, but who's going to do that when it says they have to contact you? I only clicked it for the purposes of this review, since that's not my preferred flavor.

All of the top 10 say to contact you for price when moused over. It makes it look like the site's not really open, or at best, that it'll be a huge hassle to do business with you. Your regulars probably won't even bother checking any of that (instead they'll just go to what they want, like I did), but new customers will certainly notice.

The positives are that the site's easy to use and the search works.

The reddish header is cool, other than the fact that you should not capitalize words in the middle of a sentence. You have "hardware" capitalized. It shouldn't be. The same problem exists under your main captions for e-juice and hardware.

I'm seeing an odd half-a-star image next to the "HOME" button in the horizontal blue nav bar.

All in all, I mainly care about getting my e-juice. The ordering aspect worked fine, and thanks to the search, I didn't have to remember how you categorized it. So, the site works fine enough.

Since site reviews have been deemed welcome, however, you have gotten one. Hopefully you will at least fix the spelling and capitalization issues right away! I spotted them immediately.

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
I sure hope you guys get things straight soon. Almost all of your selections show "There are no products in this section". if it weren't for you guys having the BEST juices, I would be shopping elsewhere. i am not going anywhere, i will wait, but if new people visit your site, they won't visit for long.

Hmmm, I haven't seen that.

Edit: Okay, I just went thru the first 10-12 item categories. Never saw "There are no products in this section".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread