Status
Not open for further replies.

danjaman

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
bristol, england.
I

Thanks!
I can easily see someone rating this cell at 20A, especially if they don't measure temperature (which few do). It all depends on the criteria you have for establishing the ratings (temperature, voltage drop, cycle life, etc.).
Mr Mooch,

What would you say is the absolute worst 18650 you've ever tested?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

danjaman

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
bristol, england.
Hmmm...don't remember its name but it was a Chinese brand I had never heard of. Rated for something like 40A but barely rated 7A.
That's just ridiculous man, I was just wondering how low re-wrappers actually will stoop.

While I've got you here, I've got a friend that Vapes a nautilus on a cloupor mini plus and she never goes above 4.2v, what battery do you think she would get the best run time from?
I don't dabble in low amp batteries, so have no idea what to recommend.
Thanks for what you do, it's much appreciated!

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    That's just ridiculous man, I was just wondering how low re-wrappers actually will stoop.

While I've got you here, I've got a friend that Vapes a nautilus on a cloupor mini plus and she never goes above 4.2v, what battery do you think she would get the best run time from?
    I don't dabble in low amp batteries, so have no idea what to recommend.
    Thanks for what you do, it's much appreciated!

Current draw will depend on the wattage setting but at 50W max, and your friend is probably way below that, the LG HG2 is hard to beat. If she never gets above 15W or so she might, maybe, get a bit more vaping time from the Panasonic NCR18650GA. But then she's limited to 10A or so.

danjaman

ECF Veteran
    Dec 18, 2014
    bristol, england.
    Current draw will depend on the wattage setting but at 50W max, and your friend is probably way below that, the LG HG2 is hard to beat. If she never gets above 15W or so she might, maybe, get a bit more vaping time from the Panasonic NCR18650GA. But then she's limited to 10A or so.
    I'll have a look at that, thanks very much!

Reactions: Mooch

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    GrimmGreen has been misusing them with a 0.20 ohm build on a mech

gChtJgQ.png

Reactions: Jim_ MDP
    Status