Broke a tank yesterday, problems today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
So I bought this mod about four days ago, (my first mod) from the local vendor in my city. I hadn't had any problems those first few days, other than trying to figure out how the battery is supposed to go into the casing, (battery fires either way, but seems to fire consistently with the negative side down.) It was completely user error on my part, the device was sitting on my lap as I was climbing out of my car, and to my slowly dawning horror in the span of moments, fell to the ground with a sickening crack. Pyrex tank or no, the tank split neatly at the bottom metal ring and lay dead in a pool of its own fluids. The device is covered under a one year warranty, and since I was cruising around anyway, I thought I'd try my luck back at the vendors. The tank damage was, obviously, not covered under warranty, but the girl behind the counter gave me a discount since I'd just bought the device. After paying $22 I wasn't expecting to spend, I still walked away happy with a fully functioning full tank that was working perfectly.

Until today. I was showing off the device to coworkers, disassembling it and showing off the parts and what they do. When I put the device back together, however, it suddenly wouldn't function properly. The battery seemed to be firing, eliquid sounded like it was being burned off, but whenever I tried to get a puff, I couldn't get any air through the tube, and thus, no vapor. It was like trying to suck an egg through a straw. A more troubling symptom of the problem was the unit was getting hot, with no results, and a full tank of liquid quickly burned off in a matter of about 20 minutes, with no vapor produced in the meantime. I repeatedly disassembled the device looking for the problem. I cleaned off the heating element, the metal gasket, and checked out the coil/atomizer. Everything seemed fine...I just couldn't figure out the problem.

Then I tried unscrewing the atomizer a little bit and allowing more air to get to the wick. This quickly seemed to solve the problem until i I ran out of liquid...only trouble was I now had an empty tank. I tried getting the device to fire, and it wouldn't. I was pretty frustrated at this point, but waited patiently and used my penstyle backup until my break.

When I got my break, I quickly went home and sat down with my kit. I swapped out the coil, the battery, and refilled the tank. After reassembling I pressed the ignition button and waited for the sound of liquid being vaped. With trepidation, I put the device to my lips. SUCCESS! The device worked flawlessly. I swapped back to the battery I'd had in there before and was happy to find it wasn't the problem. I haven't retried the original coil yet to see if that's still working ok, but I'm not too worried about that. I'm just happy to have fixed my device myself, and I gotta say I now see why Vapers and Modders are so addicted to their devices, besides the nicotine ;).

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Uhh...I think it's a ProTank...or something from SmokTech...the mod comes from a local vendor who custom orders their own labeled mods from a couple different companies. They say they get their models from VHit...and in the store some of the tanks were labeled smoktech. Though the tank greatly resembles a protank in design and construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread