• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Broke my third pyrex tank last night :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

input_output

Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
here, there, everywhere
As the title says, this is the third tank that i broke. Didnt even realized it was cracked till i filled it up and it just gave way. Wasted some of the juice too.

Serves me right for not paying more attention to the weight distribution of my ipv4s and limitless plus rdta.

Hopefully someone out there can learn from my mistake and be aware that if your rdta has a bigger circumference than your mod, the pyrex tank might crack even if it got toppled over by a small bump when no batts are inserted. Actually sometimes it topples over even with batts inserted.

get those rubber band thingies or just 3d print a widestand(if you're so inclined)

Now my setup looks like this. lol
qQQ0Dm4.png

adept1

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2017
im afraid ordering them isnt as easy where im at. lol
those that actually can bring them in and sell it have it at such a high price im tempted to just get a new rda.

I kinda doubt the glass will be intercepted. I'll let you know what happens with mine that I ordered (from an eBay vendor). I think it was around $10.50 USD for 5 including shipping.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
As the title says, this is the third tank that i broke. Didnt even realized it was cracked till i filled it up and it just gave way. Wasted some of the juice too.

Serves me right for not paying more attention to the weight distribution of my ipv4s and limitless plus rdta.

Hopefully someone out there can learn from my mistake and be aware that if your rdta has a bigger circumference than your mod, the pyrex tank might crack even if it got toppled over by a small bump when no batts are inserted. Actually sometimes it topples over even with batts inserted.

get those rubber band thingies or just 3d print a widestand(if you're so inclined)

Now my setup looks like this. lol
qQQ0Dm4.png
I vape every day all day on an rda. One of the things I like about that is no glass to break. I wrote to fasttech and suggested they comission some stainless steel replacement barrels for various tanks. If you use temp control you'll find out the liquid is low without making a dry hit. May be some of the top fill tanks let you see how much liquid is left in the tank from the top. I'm not sure about that because I haven't used a tank in several years. The manufacturers would prefer to use plastic instead of glass but the market doesn't like that.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
This is why I treasure my eGo ONE Mega tanks with the RBA coils. Glass tank in a steel sleeve. I've dropped 2 of my setups on concrete from as high as 4 feet. Put some gouges in both mod and tank but both kept on vaping. They fall from the dash in my truck all the time. Haven't broke one yet.

2017-09-14_09.20.41.jpg

Reactions: stols001

adept1

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2017
I kinda doubt the glass will be intercepted. I'll let you know what happens with mine that I ordered (from an eBay vendor). I think it was around $10.50 USD for 5 including shipping.

I guess I jinxed myself! My five pieces of pyrex got intercepted. Maybe the package was labeled too honestly by the seller because I doubt anyone would have known it was for vaping otherwise.

valerian

Nov 19, 2017
I guess I jinxed myself! My five pieces of pyrex got intercepted. Maybe the package was labeled too honestly by the seller because I doubt anyone would have known it was for vaping otherwise.

the problem is that yeah on the packing list or invoice, items are too clearly labelled. so even if they are innocuous parts...as long as they are meant "for vaping", they fall about of the applicable legislation. haiz.

Cloudy44

Moved On
Sep 3, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Enough with the evading the forum censors

Cloudy44

Moved On
Sep 3, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Enough with the evading the forum censors

Cloudy44

Moved On
Sep 3, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife

Jobunny

Jan 12, 2018
Hmmmaybe i should
the problem is that yeah on the packing list or invoice, items are too clearly labelled. so even if they are innocuous parts...as long as they are meant "for vaping", they fall about of the applicable legislation. haiz.

Hmm maybe i should try and order something and ask the seller to label something else which isnt for vaping on the invoice *idealiao*

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread