Broken charging pin itazte vv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i found myself in very difficult situation as somehow i managed to break the pin which is inside the itazte vv connect with the charger. Basically when i pulled out the charger the pin stayed in the little hole on top of it. The question i have is whether anybody has ever put apart any itaztes? what im hopping to do is tu put it apart and get and replace the broken module. Does anyone know whether this is possible, and also does anyone have any instructions how to put itazte vv apart?
Thx for any help in advance

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Confused a bit. Which iTaste do you have? I'm familiar with the MVP, SVD and 3.0 personally, but none of these use the type of charger I'm imagining that you're using. Maybe a link to your device? I'm sure we can help you once we know. Who hasn't gotten a pin stuck now and then? Good luck. The vv often refers to the V3, and, if so, are you talking about the usb micro connection? Anyway, please let us know.

Last edited:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Ok, so you have the pin connection on yours, not the usb micro connection. Sorry, I missed the EU location. Those pins are hollow, so I'm thinking you should be able to get a very small tipped awl or soldering pick in there, or even a needle. If you can't get it to "grab" try adding some thread lock like Loctite to it and let it set. You should be able to just pull it out. Now if it's gone "into" the device, then you are going to have to bull the press fit bottom off the device. I don't know if it's glued and have not done this myself. At this point I would be on the horn to someone in tech support at Innokin, or somewhere, to try and get some advice. Additionally, sometimes schematics can be found online for these type of applications. I'm telling you about these options because we both know that you can just muscle it all off, but take the chance on damaging the device. Best to you and good luck

The thing is its not the part of the charger that got stuck, that would be to easy i guess. But the pin which is within the battery and that goes into the charger itself. About the charger im not that worried but the thing is that the battery is now useless. And regarding the model i have i think its 2.5, not the one with mini usb but a pin type of a plug
Yeah i tried looking online for instructions how to do it, and i had no luck hence im on that forum. Ill try all options leaving forcing it out as last option, thx for suggestions

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Bump.

Jakub, did you ever solve your problem? I'm considering buying one of these devices from a dealer's clearance section. The product that includes the pin charging connection has been discontinued by the manufacturer but there are still some available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread