Broken Drip Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevieRay18

Oct 5, 2016
So I made the mistake of dropping my vape yesterday and the drip tip smashed into pieces. I am using the Kangertech Dripbox rda on my smok H-Priv 220. I dont feel like paying $4 plus shipping just for a driptip when I can still use it. I found an old chapstick cover that is slightly larger than the driptip and I was wondering if I drilled a hole through the top and added some hot glue, maybe that would would work?
dropped.JPG

StevieRay18

Oct 5, 2016
Any vape shops in your area? They would probably have one laying around.

The chapstick cover might work if it fits in the hole. I don't use chapstick so I'm not sure what they look like.
The vape shop I go to doesn't carry spare parts of anything which sucks and since my airflow is used with the drip tip I need an exact replacement and like $15 for a spare aint worth it.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
So I made the mistake of dropping my vape yesterday and the drip tip smashed into pieces. I am using the Kangertech Dripbox RDA on my Smok H-Priv 220. I dont feel like paying $4 plus shipping just for a driptip when I can still use it. I found an old chapstick cover that is slightly larger than the driptip and I was wondering if I drilled a hole through the top and added some hot glue, maybe that would would work? View attachment 628755

I guess anything that works until you get a replacement. I doubt hot glue would be a good permanent solution.

I've been there before, and currently going though it with one of my atomizers. A Goblin Mini (first version) that had an odd sized glass drip tip. I've used a ballpoint pen casing cut to size, but am now using a kanger subtank drip tip upsidown (510 side up) until the replacement drip tips come in. the diameter of the drip tip happens to fit perfectly in the goblin.

AlisaMay

Jan 17, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
So I made the mistake of dropping my vape yesterday and the drip tip smashed into pieces. I am using the Kangertech Dripbox RDA on my Smok H-Priv 220. I dont feel like paying $4 plus shipping just for a driptip when I can still use it. I found an old chapstick cover that is slightly larger than the driptip and I was wondering if I drilled a hole through the top and added some hot glue, maybe that would would work?
Welcome and glad you joined. Plastic can be tricky to adhere to . Go ahead with your idea, sounds good. If hot glue fails, I would try sanding mating surfaces and clean with alcohol. I would then try an epoxy.
"I drilled a hole through the top " I would stay away from any material removal. I would keep as much original plastic as possible to maintain original construction integrity.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I would avoid all kinds of glue or epoxy due to the fact that you could get the taste or worse toxic chemicals. Most drip tips are either a press it or held by an o-ring. You could possibly find some plastic tubing for water in the correct or close enough size to be able to remove a small amount to make it fit. Washing or cleaning any leftover sanded materials should be easy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread