1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Broken Kanger Protank mouth piece....

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Hippieangst, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Hippieangst

Hippieangst Likes to vape... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Just checking to see if this has happened to anybody else. Just got a Kanger Protank about a week ago and have been loving it until just this afternoon. I noticed a film of juice on the outside of my tank. I thought I had just maybe spilled some juice or I was leaking internally and some juice was coming out the actual mouth hole. As I was wiping off the tank, the mouth piece popped right off. I had Key Lime juice in at the time for the good part of the day. Could flavors be killing protanks as well?!?! Or, did I just get a bad tank? Photo05151403.jpg :(

2. murphyramone

murphyramone Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I think you just got a bad one. I had one that seperated on the other side. My B&M that i got it from was nice enough to swap it for a new one for me. I have 4 of them and that was the only one i have had a problem with.

3. gregzbobo

gregzbobo Full Member Verified Member

I think they use some sort of strong epoxy or glue to hold the top and bottom to the glass, maybe they skimped on your tank, but wouldn't rule out some flavors maybe eating at the glue I guess?

4. wyllic

wyllic Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It's entirely probable that the heavy acidic nature of the citrus juices would mess with the epoxy of the tanks.

5. BostLabs

BostLabs Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Well that truly sucks!

No issues with my Pro's (Knock on wood!).

OK being stupid now.... (tug, tug, pull,pull) Yup! Nice and solid. :D

6. jimrug1

jimrug1 Super Member ECF Veteran

When I first got mine, I assumed it came apart. Of course reading the instructions was not an option. I actually tried to unscrew it, tug it pull it. No go.. If you can't get it replaced, maybe you can glue it back on.

7. Stone19Delta

Stone19Delta Full Member

Bad tank more than likely, I have 4 Kanger's and not one issue afte rmodding the wicks and air holes ;-)

8. resist73

resist73 Full Member

I think a bad tank....very bad...sorry :(

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 2

9. Hippieangst

Supporting member
    My hope is this is just a random bad tank (fingers crossed). I had actually ordered a back up the other day, but it won't be here till the end of the week (anxious, indeed with USPS tracking page bookmarked).

UPDATE: my props to the folks at MyFreedomSmokes.com. I called up the customer service line and the rep already put a replacement tank in the mail with the instruction that I would mail back the defective one (was actually going to look into re-gluing it myself), but a replacement is just fine as well. Overall, my week with the Protank has been a nice upgrade from my Kanger T3 clearos, which seemed to only work for me for about 3 days before the gurgling noises started up.

Okay, if there are any folks at Kanger who just might stumble upon this thread....make the bottom piece and the mouth piece screw on...I'd be willing to pay a few extra dollars for that modification...

10. wyllic

It's nearly impossible to cut threads in Pyrex. Otherwise we'd have screw on glass tanks

11. BostLabs

BostLabs Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

They could probably glue a metal ring that is threaded at the top and bottom to meet that need, but it may make the whole tank much taller or the tank smaller to keep it from being too tall.

12. wyllic

I'm sure they'll come out with something awesome. The problem is you're gluing metal and glass together with that idea still. And therein lies the problem. Also, Chinese quality control for mass produced items is notoriously bad, so you'll always have lots of failures. Thankfully it's cheap!

13. Hippieangst

Supporting member
    I know it's wishful thinking...but it never hurts to put it out there...;)

: protank
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.