Brown Liquid with some floaties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there everyone, I can't go into words how much I am enjoying my PV. I am currently using the VaporKing after trying 2 other formats and think I have found the right one for me.

I have been refilling my carts and noticed a few things; burnt taste (i now know I need to replace them or clean them), shorter life after refilling versus initial prefilled (just the way it is), and when I refill I sometime get a very dark liquid from the end that connects to the battery when I overfill.

I have found solutions to just about everything except the last. It is a much darker color than the liquid I am refilling with, and it almost looks like small specks of rust are floating in the goo. Please help me with this one, I am loving everything about vaping with the exception of not being satisfied by my refills. I have not read of rust in cartomizers. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Day 16 without an analog and going strong.

lostdaze

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Illinois
When I refill my cartos I put the rubber cap with the stem in the battery end so the liquid cant run thru.

If its running thru and its darker with bits in it, it could be that you are over cooking your carto and the filler is burning, the darker bits could be ash from the filler. Be sure to refill before they get to dry, the filler burns easily.

I am a newbie so there is a good chance I could be burning them up. The prefilled ones were lasting a day and I thought they would last the same amount of time. I have learned they will not but it was giving off a lot of vapor so I was under the impression they were still good. I will try the vodka or mouthwash I have heard about, just wondering if the heater element would rust or corrode when I do that. Thanks for the quick replies.

When I refill my cartos I put the rubber cap with the stem in the battery end so the liquid cant run thru.

If its running thru and its darker with bits in it, it could be that you are over cooking your carto and the filler is burning, the darker bits could be ash from the filler. Be sure to refill before they get to dry, the filler burns easily.

I usually do too but I wanted to see what would come out the other end. I guess some of the benefits go away if you are breathing in burnt filler material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread