Bubbling and Crackling; Lots of Leaking and Some Spitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake.L

Sep 12, 2016
Hi,
I've been vaping for a little while but I haven't experienced a serious technical issue until now. Last night I started hearing weird hissing, crackling, and bubbling from my vape after refilling juice. I have a Kangertech SubBox mini and typically use SSOCC replacement coils. I have .3 juice in the tank normally but last night I put in some of my friend's .6. Today I replaced the coil (this time a Clapton coil) and put in my regular juice, thinking that could have been the problem. I primed the coil, waited, and tried. The problem remained. Not only are the sounds strange, the pulls feel awkward and the clouds are small. There's some spitting as well. I looked up the issue and saw the problem could be flooding so I pumped up the voltage to obliterate any excess juice in the coil, but that didn't help. On every voltage, the problem remains. I inspected the coil but it seems to be intact and fine.

Any ideas?

Jake.L

Sep 12, 2016
Look at some pics to make sure an O-ring didn't pop out unnoticed. Make sure the coil is screwed down tight every time you unscrew the base, they sometimes unscrew a little. If it's older an O-ring could be worn down, if nothing else works try replacing them all.
Looking at it, I think it's a worn-out O-ring doing it. I've disassembled everything and cleaned it, even tried a new coil even though a new one was already in it. It still floods almost immediately. I'll probably take it to a shop and have it looked at, just to make sure, but I think it needs new O's. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Gramdogg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread