Status
Not open for further replies.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
So, I love Castle Long. But I am not rich! It's a dilemma! Here's my personal solution: I've found that I can a) mix half or less Castle Long with another particularly complementary juice, or b) mix very well-steeped CL with half (or more) plain pg/vg. so basically, I'm stretching my Castle Long purchase to last twice as long, or spending around half as much ... if you are willing to entertain my creative bookkeeping. :p

It's something I first discovered after misplacing a half-used bottle for a few months (3 or 4). When I found it, it was *really* well-steeped and strongly flavored, like too much. So I cut it with some straight pg/vg, and it was perfect. So in this scenario, you could vape half a bottle (or a third, or whatever), put it away, let time do it's magic, and cut the remaining juice (I do this in the tank, since I'm unwilling to commit to any percentage). Or you can try cutting it straight out of the new bottle, it might work for you! After this, I tried mixing a fresher bottle with a favorite diy that I thought would play nice with it (again, in-tank), and this also turned out very well. The CL absolutely dominates and the other liquid stretches it without fighting it. I use a local flavor that you probably can't get (this), but a smooth caramel or caramel-tobacco is the sort of thing that could work. Maybe even a light custard, though I haven't tried that yet. CL is a *very* assertive flavor, which is what makes this work for me.

Just a possible idea for budget-challenged CL lovers! Oh, also, I've tried a couple of clone recipes, without getting that perfect flavor I love, and this is just a better solution for moi so far -- you might have a different experience, and if so, please share!

(Also, this is basically for people who really love Castle Long but have a problem with the cost. If you don't like it, or do like it, but don't have a problem with the price, carry on as before; this idea isn't meant for everyone, but might be useful for a few!)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Good strategy, @tazzle , used to do that a lot when I was still buying juice. (I'd get extra flavor "shots" and then dilute.)

Have you looked down here?
Castle long clone recipe? Anyone?

Or google up some castle long clone recipes. I've never vaped it, so can't say if any come close! :lol:

Reactions: tazzle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread