Bug bits abound ( in the cotton )

Status
Not open for further replies.

erratum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Kansas City
ok ... so there was a thread that showed insect droppings in some cotton someone got with a rba ... but I can't seem to find it.

So I thought I'd have a look at the cotton sample in my Kanger Subtank Mini & .. sure enough ... bug bits & little black "dots" (bug poop I assume). Okay ... fine ... I've not used it & will not use it. I have enough cotton (bacon) to keep me going for years, and I'm happily puffing away on the .50ohm OCC premade coil supplied by ........

........and then it dawned on me that it was supplied by the same folks that put a wad of bug-gunk-ridden cotton in the box with my ST mini ... Kanger.

So ... the question is if anyone has taken apart the OCC coils & found little black specks in the cotton, or other foreign "pieces" ?? I'm wondering if the cotton Kanger uses for the OCC coils is the same cotton they give you in the box to wick the RBA deck with.

Dahomey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Illinois
ok ... so there was a thread that showed insect droppings in some cotton someone got with a RBA ... but I can't seem to find it.

So I thought I'd have a look at the cotton sample in my Kanger Subtank Mini & .. sure enough ... bug bits & little black "dots" (bug poop I assume). Okay ... fine ... I've not used it & will not use it. I have enough cotton (bacon) to keep me going for years, and I'm happily puffing away on the .50ohm OCC premade coil supplied by ........

........and then it dawned on me that it was supplied by the same folks that put a wad of bug-gunk-ridden cotton in the box with my ST mini ... Kanger.

So ... the question is if anyone has taken apart the OCC coils & found little black specks in the cotton, or other foreign "pieces" ?? I'm wondering if the cotton Kanger uses for the OCC coils is the same cotton they give you in the box to wick the RBA deck with.

I think it may be fine. I have a few "spots" in my cotton as well. Take a look-see here: Black spots on japanese cotton? | E-Cigarette Forum ;)

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Yeah .. I know we eat our fair share of excrement & limbs, and I've smoked more than my fair share of tobacco beetle (they pop and sizzle if you were wondering) ... there just seemed to be a LOT of brown/black specks per square inch n the stuff. Maybe hull chunks...I'll look again.

I wonder if it's not bugs then. Any idea what kind of cotton it was? If it's not highly process it could just be discoloration and husks or something like that.

erratum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Kansas City
I wonder if it's not bugs then. Any idea what kind of cotton it was? If it's not highly process it could just be discoloration and husks or something like that.

Yeah ... I didn't look last night. I was too busy playing with the Derringer clone I got in yesterday & trying out both the Virus & the Cure from Nicoticket for the first time. Back and forth .. Virus ...Cure ... Virus ... Cure. Maybe I can develop a resistant strain.

I'll try to look tonight .. at least with a good magnifying glass.

I don't feel the same about smoking bug poop, eggs, body parts as I do vaping bug poop, eggs, body parts. If I'm smoking them, I'm burning the stuff at such a high temp, I'm not really concerned about any pathogens, but if I'm essentially soaking them in warm liquid & inhaling the steam, I would tend to think things would survive better.

Icky-poo.

Reactions: Dahomey

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
Did you know that if there are 20 or more maggots in a can of mushrooms, the FDA cares, Or if 5 of those maggots are longer than 2 mm. 40 or more thrips (a small insect) is not allowed for asparagus, but under that level, its fine. 925 insect parts per 10 grams of thyme is allowed. up to 60 insect fragments (including poop) allowed for 100 grams of chocolate. Hops, Which beer is made from, up to 3500 per 10 grams.

Bugs are unavoidable. You probably even ate some for breakfast.

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
organic cotton is unbleached so that brown your seeing is probably the cotton hull. (from a Cotton Belt Texan :p )
You're right!! It's cotton seed hull, not bug bits or poop or anything but cottonseed hull. I've been using Japanese cotton for over a year and it's not freakin' bug bits. Stop the rumor mill now!!

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
South Central PA
Did you know that if there are 20 or more maggots in a can of mushrooms, the FDA cares, Or if 5 of those maggots are longer than 2 mm. 40 or more thrips (a small insect) is not allowed for asparagus, but under that level, its fine. 925 insect parts per 10 grams of thyme is allowed. up to 60 insect fragments (including poop) allowed for 100 grams of chocolate. Hops, Which beer is made from, up to 3500 per 10 grams.

Bugs are unavoidable. You probably even ate some for breakfast.

<<barf>>
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread