Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms.Cruzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Woodland Park, CO
Your bank should be able to help although sometimes it takes a few days to get it back.

Two weeks ago, instead of paying $300 on a bill, my bank paid $30,000. Imagine my surprise when our pool service called about the check they received for our account! And no, I didn't have $30 grand in my account. Eek.

Hebram

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oakland, Tennessee, United States
Your bank should be able to help although sometimes it takes a few days to get it back.

Two weeks ago, instead of paying $300 on a bill, my bank paid $30,000. Imagine my surprise when our pool service called about the check they received for our account! And no, I didn't have $30 grand in my account. Eek.

$30000 to clean a pool. It must be the size of the Bellagio's!

Harlen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Charlotte Nc

I will take over the job for 1/2 of that lol

Hebram

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oakland, Tennessee, United States
There are lots of hackers putting their skills to use of good, you just never hear about them in the mainstream. The infamous Heartbleed OpenSSL vulnerability was found and fixed by the good guys very recently. Thank God the good guys found it first and companies were fast to act on the patch.

5spike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
WI
Theirs good and bad in every group of people. Unfortunately the bad always seem to get the most attention.

There are lots of hackers putting their skills to use of good, you just never hear about them in the mainstream. The infamous Heartbleed OpenSSL vulnerability was found and fixed by the good guys very recently. Thank God the good guys found it first and companies were fast to act on the patch.

Yes I guess I equate the title hacker as bad. But I guess there are good and bad.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Yes I guess I equate the title hacker as bad. But I guess there are good and bad.

My BIL is a good hacker. He has worked for so many companies who have hired him to do just that...hack their system to define where weakness are and fix them. He's working with the Amazon Kindle now making it "hack proof" as much as possible. He's scary good....and he always reminds us that there are 12 year olds out there better than him... 8-o

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
My BIL is a good hacker. He has worked for so many companies who have hired him to do just that...hack their system to define where weakness are and fix them. He's working with the Amazon Kindle now making it "hack proof" as much as possible. He's scary good....and he always reminds us that there are 12 year olds out there better than him... 8-o

Pen(etration) Testers....they're like computer psychiatrists......they pick MECHANICAL brains!!!:D
Happy (vaping) Trails!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread