Building a "hana" style mod with the fasttech enclosure: looking for tips, tricks, and suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
when i gutted it and was an empty shell, i sanded the hell out of it including the door then assembled and did the finish sanding so it was uniform.
Thx.

I'll do that next time I install a chip in it. Only problem will be the charger board as I cemented it in lol.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I bought a KSD, FT Hana mini clone (Hotcig) and 6 Cloupor enclosures (warranty returns). 4 of the Cloupors didn't work for various reasons (burnt boards mostly) and 2 worked but woke from sleep by itself a few times a day but otherwise worked fine. The only one I left alone was a red Cloupor. I moved one working Cloupor board with a display issue to the KSD and the Hotcig board to one of the Cloupor boxes. I have DNA40's in 2 Cloupor boxes (1 lg screen in a blue box, 1 sm screen in an orange box) and a lg screen in the Hana mini. All but the red has VT 510 connectors. I sold 2 basically for the cost of shipping to a member here because he had no luck getting them from Elev8 (they sell out really quick).

I think the Cloupor boxes are much nicer than the KSD boxes. The side edges are more rounded so they're more comfortable to hold. The finish is also nicer on the Cloupors.

They all ground to the case with a screw from the top except for the KSD. You should be able to find the ground screw at any hardware store.

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    Yea but what size? Same as the ones that screw the front of the case on?

You could also use a calipher and measure the inside diameter. It's definitely going to be a metric screw (made outside of US). An M2 thread should have something around 1.679 1.74 1.83 mm diameter. Maybe you can make more sense of this diagram but basically if it's a bit less than 2mm than it's M2. If it's a bit lower than 2.5mm it's M2.5

METRIC THREAD -- EXTENDED THREAD SIZE RANGE

tchavei

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2014
    Portugal
    A m2 screw is 2mm on the outside and 1.6 between threads give or take. Sizes are so small, it will will be easier just to try the screw. The aluminum is so soft he probably could use a self tapping screw and get away with it :)

Regards
    Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

jblack741

ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2014
    Detroit
    Yea but what size? Same as the ones that screw the front of the case on?

I just drilled out the hole slightly larger than the original hole to expose the bare metal, tinned my ground wire, snipped a small piece of solder into the hole and soldered the wire directly into the hole. I then covered the connection with liquid electrical tape.
    IMAG0761.jpg

tchavei

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2014
    Portugal
    I just drilled out the hole slightly larger than the original hole to expose the bare metal, tinned my ground wire, snipped a small piece of solder into the hole and soldered the wire directly into the hole. I then covered the connection with liquid electrical tape.
    View attachment 426813

I always thought solder wouldn't grab aluminium properly. I would keep an eye on it just in case... bad grounding is the last thing you want.

Tony

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread