Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I've been building unregulated and mech mods for a while now and I'm wanting to try my hand at building a lipo PWM mod in a CNC 1590N1 enclosure so if I want to go with a larger battery in the future I will have the room instead of building another box. I've just started my research and just wanted to post a thread to ask if anybody has made one (or multiples) and found something that works better than others, found something that made it easier, opinions on batteries (which ones are better for our uses), boards or anything you can think of that would help me out I would like to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
So I went to the actual website and ended up finding the sub forum for modding. I always use Tapatalk and I guess Tapatalk doesn't have all the sub forums of ECF.
What size lipo did you end up using??
I am building a PWM box in an N1 enclosure myself and at this point stuck between two 4s lipo(2250Mah) and 5s lipo(5000Mah) packs. Not sure if the 5s would fit inside the N1 enclosure as I have never physically seen the pack n person.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
What size lipo did you end up using??
I am building a PWM box in an N1 enclosure myself and at this point stuck between two 4s lipo(2250Mah) and 5s lipo(5000Mah) packs. Not sure if the 5s would fit inside the N1 enclosure as I have never physically seen the pack n person.

The enclosure I used is one from Friendly Fire Mods. It's a CNC enclosure CNC Full Size NLPWM Kit (Gunmetal Frame).

I can fit a MaxAmps 4s 2800 mAh in it but I wanted something with a good life cycle on a single charge so I talked with Mark at Voltrove and he mentioned the MultiStar 3s 4000 mAh. He said it would be a tight fit but it would work so I ordered it and I'm loving the battery. I can get at least 2 days and sometimes more off of it depending on coil build. Right now I'm using a .45 build in my Voltrove and it's not even at 1/2 charge and I used it non stop yesterday. Very happy with the battery, plus it was only $20 Multistar High Capacity 4000mAh 3S 10C Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack. I'm not worried about the power (pushing 1,000's of watts), I was looking for something I wouldn't have to charge every day. I got tired of charging 18650's multiple times a day, that's the whole reason I went to a lipo. It takes 45 min to an hour to charge this battery but you can't beat the 2 day or more usage off a single charge.

Here is a pic of the battery inside the mod. As you can see it fits tight but the one thing I like about the size is that it doesn't move!
2c9fec6049aaf6c2f974e7e561cf4bf0.jpg

I would use a set of calipers and measure the opening you have in your mod (in mm) and just look at the sizes for each battery on the website (it can be a pain in the ....). That should be able to help you in deciding what battery to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I know the 4s 2200 will fit as I have one in a different mod and run time is excellent. I think that is the one I will go with,it is a venom 4s 2200 lipo.
I am also looking to get battery life and get away from charging so much.

Thanks for the input it helped make up my mind.

Reactions: Bad Ninja
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread