Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
reo's what do they call the atomizer ? or they only have one kind? does it have a hole in the middle bottom section of the deck? since it's a bottom feeder ?

thanks for the reply

Yep, it's the only one he sells right now - it's called the RM2 or Rebuildable Atomizer 2.0 or REOmizer 2.0.
In this pic you can see the hole in the deck - left side of the coil. :). You're welcome :)
ada5anu9.jpg

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2013
Hurricane Alley, FL. USA
After using for awhile I am starting to get that same burny socks taste from before. It also seems to have stopped wicking as well as I am getting dry/harsh hits again. Not sure what happened but I will mess with it and report back. Lastly, It is not producing clouds anymore... :-(

I had a long wicking cotton in my first build also. I was told to cut one leg down so it drops to the floor at the end of the coil, the other can go back around in the well area. Your prolly got too much juice hanging around for it to steam up real good. I add 5 to 6 drops per pop after it starts feeling weak.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
I think I am the only one that associates themselves with super drifter that does not use a REO.. lol

Super Drifter and several others here have inspired me to build the best coils I can build. Being that I am not really too patient, the micro coils soothes it and the results from them make it worth the patience of wrapping coils...

I have found that the needle on the needle point bottles make a perfect template for a micro-coil. I have since started using a paperclip and will more than likely alternate between the 2. For some reason, I do not care for the flavor of cotton. So my setup of choice is a 28g single micro-coil laying on a bed of silica. No wicking through the coil itself. I am getting AMAZING clouds with a single coil. I also have set up dual coiling as well, and it gets great clouds. But I am loving the super cool (temperature) vape from a single coil.

The one thing I have learned is... If you have a question just ask. If you cannot find the answer, you may as well invent what you are trying to ask.

zhentipede

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
California, USA
congratulations!

i too have made my first micro coil, i find it easier than the regular coil ... i'm a newbie on coils so micro was the way to go for me, i like the fact i can switch wick on the fly! the one i made came to about 2 ohms and vaped it above 4.5 volts and it vaped like a locomotive ... gotta vape it in high volts i went to 5.7 volts and fogged up the room in 3 puffs lmao.. i cannot use my 18-24mg on these lol so i got some 6mg to use hehe.... the cotton ball is great! so is eco/eko wool ... i prefer cotton ball thou... all these on igo-w
single micro coil.... next build i would like 1.2 - 1.8'ish ohms... i used a technique i saw on youtube and got lucky to get it the first time =) 28g about 10 wraps no gaps...i don't have a torch so i just used the stove using the blue flame of the fire held by a long tweezer.

here is the link.. though i used an IGO-W with a bored out hole

Micro Coil On A Trident RDA - YouTube

Hey guys thanks for the nice threads. I built my first micro-coil today. Turned out pretty good.

My concern is, though I am i getting clouds of vapor, the taste is a little dry and not real flavorful.

My build.

IMG_0474.jpg

kanthal 28. 10 wraps.

Silica Wick. 2mm

came out at about 1.7ohms.

The question is: How to get more flavor?

I saw someone mention about organic cotton balls or something. How are they in terms of flavor?

Scroll Down for the much better second attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread