Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
please, do! ;)

i'm holding off at the moment but have this on the way
Eleaf GS-Tank TC Atomizer -3.0ml

it'll take both regular coil heads and nickel for tc
The main feature of this battery is that it is designed to regulate the coil temperature for cotton wicks like your atomizer that is on the way. This battery should work well with it.

I also got a similar atomizer for my birthday, but doubt I'll ever use it. I believe cotton is a step backwards and gets us back to burning cartomizers. These things also have sub ohm coils which is just as silly. Like spanking a baby and not letting it cry, heheh. My designs are for 3 or 4 watts instead of 30 or 40.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Reactions: tiburonfirst

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I got an eleaf iStick TC40W battery for my birthday. Might have something to say about it too. I am drawing up a cartomizer for it. Don't know if I will be able to make it.

Fascinating! We needed TC in our cartomizers! Are you going to use nickel or titanium wire?

I would love to see a carto that you design for TC. I hope that you can manage to make it!

Quite! If there ever was a topper that needed TC it was a cartomizer... :lol:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Sorry. It's been like three years since I looked at this thread, it should have occurred to me that I might have missed something.

wink.gif

Welcome back, Snork!

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
Fascinating! We needed TC in our cartomizers! Are you going to use nickel or titanium wire?
I will use the same old resistance wire I've always used. That is, 36 gauge nickel. I don't know anything about titanium resistance wire. What's it all about?

Quite! If there ever was a topper that needed TC it was a cartomizer... :lol:
Sorry I mislead you. I am not designing a cartomizer that needs temperature control. The way I understand it, the cartomizers that need it have cotton inside them. Instead, I will just be building a cartomizer that will look better on the larger battery.

This new cartomizer will be shorter and fatter, but hold about the same amount of juice. It may work a little better because the reservoir will not be as deep, but otherwise it will be amount like my latest designs. I may just be fooling myself into believing that I can build one on my lathe. Right now I don't feel quite up to it.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
hiya, br! those cartomizers would also need nickel coils - tc only works for that atm and, with temp adjustments, for titanium coils.
as to fabricating - if you catch a good day i'm sure you'd be more than able to build ;) but since those days get rarer as we get older why not take a look at the gs air tank? it might be easier to alter that to your liking than starting from scratch ;)

GS-Tank Atomizer

available with regular anf nickel heads ;)

Reactions: Katya

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
hiya, br! those cartomizers would also need nickel coils - tc only works for that atm and, with temp adjustments, for titanium coils.
as to fabricating - if you catch a good day i'm sure you'd be more than able to build ;) but since those days get rarer as we get older why not take a look at the gs air tank? it might be easier to alter that to your liking than starting from scratch ;)

GS-Tank Atomizer

OK then. If no one can tell me what titanium coils are, what are anf nickel coils? But then, just about any kind of wire will get hot if it is shorted out, and a 0.5 ohm piece of wire would be almost a dead short with any kind of wire, which is the resistance of some of the sub coil coils. I don't understand it. They are selling 100 watt batteries now. Where is it gonna end? Unfortunately, I'm afraid it will end when these things begin blowing up in people's faces.

I would like to say something about the GS-Tank Atomizer, but I don't feel like it right now. Maybe I will tomorrow.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
OK then. If no one can tell me what titanium coils are, what are anf nickel coils? But then, just about any kind of wire will get hot if it is shorted out, and a 0.5 ohm piece of wire would be almost a dead short with any kind of wire, which is the resistance of some of the sub coil coils. I don't understand it. They are selling 100 watt batteries now. Where is it gonna end? Unfortunately, I'm afraid it will end when these things begin blowing up in people's faces.

I would like to say something about the GS-Tank Atomizer, but I don't feel like it right now. Maybe I will tomorrow.

it's been a long time since 'tomorrow', br ;)

and as far as the ti and ni coils - those are only used for the temp control mods. they do not work in regular vw mode. due to the very low resistance of these materials the new chips can detect slight variations and translate that into what coil temp has been reached.

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
Tomorrow never got here yet. I've been in the hospital three times since my last post, all of them were after trips to the emergency room, two by ambulance. Just out of the last one a few days ago, with lot's of tests and stuff in between. I'm feeling pretty good right now and might start thinking about doing something on the lathe tomorrow, heheh.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Tomorrow never got here yet. I've been in the hospital three times since my last post, all of them were after trips to the emergency room, two by ambulance. Just out of the last one a few days, with lot's of tests and stuff in between. I'm feeling pretty good right now and might start thinking about doing something on the lathe tomorrow, heheh.

Oh, BR! Thank God you're back--and you're alright! :wub:

That sounds scary....

How's Peggy doing?

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas

GS-Tank Atomizer

I could use the GS-Tank Atomizer just as it is if replacement coil heads were available in the 2.5 ohm range. I won't even think about using the 0.15 ohm coils that come with it. I like vapor, but I don't want to use up a bunch of e-juice just to fill up a whole room with it from one draw. I use these things in hospitals, doctor's offices, waiting rooms, restaurants, and other public places most of the time without a problem and don't want to push things any further.

In addition, these stainless steel and glass things hold the heat and run hot. I have been using one for the past few weeks at about 4.5 watts and it gets hot. Almost too hot to hold sometimes if I get to studying something really hard, heheh. I see these guys running them at 60 watts and they have to let them cool down between draws.

The new Aspire Atlantis 2 has adjustable air holes through the mouthpiece and cartomizer body to eliminate some of this heat. It works exactly like the BR Twist. If you look back in this thread far enough you will see one of my drawings that features these holes. They are used as an air intake instead of getting rid of heat.

There's one thing about these cartomizers that I really like. The air intakes can be adjusted to a size that is the same as mine.

The guys that come up with some of these new ideas will have to get up awfully early in the morning to come up with a some that I haven't already done or tried yet, heheh.

It took me about 3 1/2 painful hours to write this post, so forgive me if I am slow with my replies.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
I could use the GS-Tank Atomizer just as it is if replacement coil heads were available in the 2.5 ohm range

build your own, br! here the double coils get replaced with a single coil and results are in general lauded ;)

I won't even think about using the 0.15 ohm coils that come with it.

br, those are nickel coils and can't be compared to the subohm kanthal coils - you would have to switch your 40 watt istick to tc mode ;)

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
Oh, BR! Thank God you're back--and you're alright! :wub:

That sounds scary....

How's Peggy doing?
I feel better than I have in sometime, Tweety Pie. Hopefully I will stay this well for a spell.

I was passed out during the real serious times and didn't get a chance to think of the scary thing, heheh.

Peggy's doing better now too, but has been having her ups and downs. She's 5 years younger than me and has a new pair of lungs, so has the jump on me. However, we both have our 4 wheel walker things with oxygen hoses dragging behind all over the house, so we get around about the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread