Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'll be saying more about my use with the Ni200 nickel coil, but would like to know if any of you are using it and if so, what is your opinion?

Sorry, BR. I only have one sub-ohm tank, Kanger Subtank mini V2, but I don't use it in its sub-ohm mode and I don't use temperature control coils. But the Aspire Atlantis tank is popular and well liked around here.

Hugs to you and Peggy! :wub:

Reactions: br5495

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
(((br)))
and sorry i can't help - i've decided on the eleaf gs air tanks and have been happy enough with them where i stopped looking.
I have been thinking about trying this tank. Do you ever get any gurgles or juice in your mouth from it? Do you use it in the TC mode?

Reactions: tiburonfirst

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
no gurgling, leakage or spitting ;) - good airflow control and economical!
but while the tank comes with a nickel coil installed i have not been tempted to order more. maybe if this tank would offer an rba deck i might take another look ;)
atm i prefer the 1.5 ohm coil heads - the same ones shown in the rebuild video i posted - but at about 2 bucks a coil if you don't catch them on sale i haven't seen a need to rebuild. i usually get about 2 weeks use out of a coil. to be on the safe side i started a depository for used coils just in case! :laugh:
i know you got the istick 40 tc and the tank is a perfect fit for that mod!

Reactions: Katya

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
Sorry, BR. I only have one sub-ohm tank, Kanger Subtank mini V2, but I don't use it in its sub-ohm mode and I don't use temperature control coils. But the Aspire Atlantis tank is popular and well liked around here./QUOTE]

The Aspire tank is getting me by, but I am thinking that the one Tibs is using will do it for less money. Maybe it will run a little cooler.

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
((BR))

I'm glad you've found something that's almost close to what you designed.

I haven't tried temp control. I'm still a 1.8ohm/5-7 watt vaper.
Thanks CES. I'm trying to learn more about TC, but the videos I have seen seem to be abusing its use by trying to get more vapor from it.

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
gotvapes carries that line, br - and the tank comes with one tc coil so you can check it out ;)
it generally retails for about $12.00 but there are sales galore and i gladly find the best offers for you if that's the way you want to go ;)
Thanks tibs. Gotvapes is good for me.

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
Golly, Tweetie. You went to way too much trouble. Thanks for taking the time.

How do you make the URLs in your post to appear as they do? I used to know how but I done forgot everything I ever knew.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Golly, Tweetie. You went to way too much trouble. Thanks for taking the time.

How do you make the URLs in your post to appear as they do? I used to know how but I done forgot everything I ever knew.

My pleasure, cowboy!

I just go the website whose product I want to link, click on the product as if I were buying it, and then copy the url from my browser window and paste it here. Easy peasy. :)

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
I use Eleaf GS Air tanks and coils too. Yeah, they do gurgle and spit once in awhile--what coil doesn't? But I really like them. I have no experience with TC coils, though.

I can honestly say that my Aspire Atlantis has never even done one of these things. Not once. Now that I have said that, it will probably explode the next time I pick it up.

But for now, it works just as well and in some cases, better than my home builds. That don't mean I really like it. It's big, it's heavy, it's hot, it's too much trouble to fill, it uses too much e-juice, it uses too much power and it requires a special battery. When used with the TC40W battery in the TC mode though, it becomes manageable. Otherwise, i'ts a piece of junk. It looks like I'm gonna have to live with this hideous monstrosity though, so I may as well try to learn to like as much about it as I can.

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
I've been meaning to say something, but keep forgetting. Several months ago I picked up a small bottle of cinnamon e-juice to find out if it would react with cast acrylic. That's the material that I make my cartomizers from.

I put some of the juice in one of my old obsolete cartomizers and left it there for several weeks. It did not damage it in the least. This did not surprise me. I thought this would be the case two or three years ago, but never had the chance to test it.

A good number of cartomizers sold today use this material, but they don't tell you so. However, if they tell you that it is safe to use with problem juices or something like that, then that's what it is. I'm glad to finally see it happening.

Cast acrylic weighs half as much as glass and cools quicker. It's not as hard as glass, but it's safer to use. I think a lot of drip tips are made out of this stuff, but don't quote me on that.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
might do you a world of good!
wink.gif

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
I've decided not to try the GS Air tank. At least not for now. From what I have been able to gather, it does not have quite enough air flow for a full lung inhale. I think one of the limiting factors is the small replacement coil.

I think I have figured out a way to get rid of some of the useless junk on the one I am using. Not only will it reduce the weight, but it will increase the tank capacity without increasing the size. The lathe work should be fairly simple, so maybe I will be able to manage it. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread