ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
Cresson, Texas
Reactions: tiburonfirst

Alžběta Madragana

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
Cresson, Texas
As we get older, we LOSE those near and dear to us. Although I never met BR in person, I feel as if I had. I feel a great loss here with BR gone. I'm sorry he's gone, but I'm sure he's up in Heaven now and most likely - if I know BR - he's probably talking to my Daddy - he passed away in April 2014. Losing loved ones sucks. But I have the 'blessed hope' I will see them again!

Alžběta Madragana

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
Cresson, Texas
A big hello to everyone - hope life is treating all of you well.

Alz you just keep on being youself. The world and this thread would be a lot less interesting without you.:wub:
Awww that's so kind of you! Thank you for saying that. Truly this Thread has some beautiful people..

Alžběta Madragana

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
Cresson, Texas
I never, ever thought I'd get to this point: I'm having to stop vaping. Really. My lungs are getting clogged up with phlegm from the VG/PG juice. And I use straight 50-50 mix with no flavouring in it. I've begun hacking just as if I was smoking again. So I stopped vaping for about 4 days and the hacking stopped and I stopped spitting phlegm. I was like, WTF is going on here!? I've been vaping 6 years come this February. However, I will continue to periodically drop by here and see how my FRIENDS here are doing! I will probably try vaping again soon, because I love vaping! May our LORD Jehovah bless everyone here.

Alžběta Madragana

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
Cresson, Texas
I think (but what do I know, really) that as I'm aging up (just turned 59) that my body is changing as to taste, smell, and things I can tolerate. I'm also having to give up coffee. It rips up my stomach. And I love my coffee! Kinda like, sucks, you know? So I'm trying out tea and 'herbal' coffee substitutes see how that goes.. although I'm still sipping some coffee - just cutting back on it for now.. ..and the booze? Yep, tapered it down to zero and staying the hell off of that stuff!
"Growing older sucks; it's NOT what I thought it would be!"

Alžběta Madragana

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
Cresson, Texas
Well........... so OK, I stopped vaping for a few days to let my lungs clear up. Started up again yesterday and so far - so good! Yea and I went to drinking hot tea (like the Brits do) and instant coffee. Working for me. So we'll see where this goes..............
Happy vaping again!!

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
I never, ever thought I'd get to this point: I'm having to stop vaping. Really. My lungs are getting clogged up with phlegm from the VG/PG juice. And I use straight 50-50 mix with no flavouring in it. I've begun hacking just as if I was smoking again. So I stopped vaping for about 4 days and the hacking stopped and I stopped spitting phlegm. I was like, ... is going on here!? I've been vaping 6 years come this February. However, I will continue to periodically drop by here and see how my FRIENDS here are doing! I will probably try vaping again soon, because I love vaping! May our LORD Jehovah bless everyone here.

Just happened to stumble onto this thread and only read a couple pages back but was curious how much juice you vaped daily and if you were MTL or direct inhaler Alžběta. I am a couple years older than you and began vaping about 9 months ago. One of the first things I noticed was that coughing up cig phlegm dropped from an hourly event to like 1-3 times a day. It also changed over time from the brown of tar to a more mucous color. Was hoping it would eventually go away altogether. Lately though it seems to have picked up a bit Not sure whether to treat this as a red flag or just ignore. I MTL about 3 ml of 12 mg 50/50 juice daily (tootle-puffer territory but my comfort zone and I'm happy here).

Was heartening to read you only needed 4 days for lungs to clear up. Did you experience any withdrawal symptoms and how did they compare to a cold-turkey cig quit?

Hope its ok to jump in with couple questions all, no intention to hijack thread.

Alžběta Madragana

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
Cresson, Texas
Just happened to stumble onto this thread and only read a couple pages back but was curious how much juice you vaped daily and if you were MTL or direct inhaler Alžběta. I am a couple years older than you and began vaping about 9 months ago. One of the first things I noticed was that coughing up cig phlegm dropped from an hourly event to like 1-3 times a day. It also changed over time from the brown of tar to a more mucous color. Was hoping it would eventually go away altogether. Lately though it seems to have picked up a bit Not sure whether to treat this as a red flag or just ignore. I MTL about 3 ml of 12 mg 50/50 juice daily (tootle-puffer territory but my comfort zone and I'm happy here).

Was heartening to read you only needed 4 days for lungs to clear up. Did you experience any withdrawal symptoms and how did they compare to a cold-turkey cig quit?

Hope its ok to jump in with couple questions all, no intention to hijack thread.
No you're not hijacking anything. This is an older thread so we welcome any and all who stop by. This is about the only thread I read on ECF anyways. Good people here! I'm a direct inhaler - I do full lung inhales since I changed my mod some a few months back. My nico level on juice now is zero. I actually started smoking a little a few months ago - off and on - but stopped last week. It just is too CRAPPY smoking and vaping. I 'think' maybe smoking and vaping did it. They just do NOT mix at all. So I returned to vaping because it's much easier on my lungs and throat. I got that .... out of my system - that is, the desire to ever smoke again!

Reactions: Katya

Alžběta Madragana

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
Cresson, Texas
I really never know what I'll do from one hour to the next. Being BiPolar does that, you know. Change my mind a lot, etc. But I do know that I have totally lost the desire to ever smoke, or drink alcohol again. Finally had enough of both vices. Eventually I'll stop vaping, but for now, I really enjoy it a lot more than I ever did smoking!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Billy was special.

And for those who don't know or don't remember, he actually invented a carto tank, ca 2010... :)

proxy.php

Alžběta Madragana

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
Cresson, Texas
Wow. This thread really is dying off... sad to see it happening. I'll still check in periodically, though.
BTW a little off topic - I'm sure everyone by now has heard about 'The Great American Eclipse of 2017' that happens on August 21st. I plan to be in Columbia Missouri to see it. You can find me at the Greyhound Bus Station. Flying there is too expensive, plus security sucks anyways in the airports. Anyone wanna show up and let's VAPE/Eclipse-Fest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread