Burning Cartomisers? Dangerous?-510/Kr808/4081...etc filler type cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Danny...we are talking about the greencig cartomizers as well.

Peaches....how many puffs did it take for you to finish the greencig cart? How did it compare to the KR808? I think you said the throat hit and vapor was on par with the KR808...right? From the pictures wegster posted it seems like the cart material was pristine after hes used it. What about the taste of the greencig carts?

Peaches

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Danny...we are talking about the greencig cartomizers as well. Peaches....how many puffs did it take for you to finish the greencig cart? How did it compare to the KR808? I think you said the throat hit and vapor was on par with the KR808...right? From the pictures wegster posted it seems like the cart material was pristine after hes used it. What about the taste of the greencig carts?

Edo, I believe Danny is talking about the KR8084.

I didn't count puffs on the Greencig cart but the Mint flavor lasted for 4.5 to 5 hrs. of heavy vaping. I really like the Mint. It is a softer/mellower taste compared to the KR8084 Mint carts.

I've been refilling with either Pear Nobacco ejuice or a Grape e-juice and the Greencig handles these juices just fine.

My main reason for ordering the Greencig cartomizers is the "safety" factor & the advanced technology - better atomizer along with the poly filler that doesn't burn up because it's in a protective plastic tube.

So far I'm using the cartomizers with Nebula batteries until the 220 kit arrives tomorrow or Sat :)

Last edited:

Peaches

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009

VapeAllDay

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I am so thankful for this forum and thread! Like many of you, I have fallen in love with the KR808D, but after reading through this thread, I am little reluctant to finish the 60 Cartomizers I have left. But the good news is that we have another option in Green World Cartomizers! I just ordered 30 from Drew and I can't wait to try the different flavors, as the sample he sent me was very nice.

How many of you plan on continuing to use/buy more KR808D Cartomizers, including the V4L ones?

Peaches

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
The good news is that we have another option in Green World Cartomizers! I just ordered 30 from Drew and I can't wait to try the different flavors, as the sample he sent me was very nice.

How many of you plan on continuing to use/buy more KR808D Cartomizers, including the V4L ones?
Hi VapeAllDay,
I'm another Florida member here.

I also have a nice supply of the KR808 cartomizers but will be only using them as a back-up for when my supply of Green World cartomizers get low.

I won't trying to take the KR carts to the max usage since I think they all start burning up within the first 3 to 4 hours of use.

I feel much safer after seeing the pristine insides of the Green Tech cartomizers after several days of use with quite a few refills.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I am so thankful for this forum and thread! Like many of you, I have fallen in love with the KR808D, but after reading through this thread, I am little reluctant to finish the 60 Cartomizers I have left. But the good news is that we have another option in Green World Cartomizers! I just ordered 30 from Drew and I can't wait to try the different flavors, as the sample he sent me was very nice.

VapeAllDay....I have taken all my carts apart form day one. I have tried all methods of filling these things. By far the best method of filling the KR808d carts is doing it from the beginning. I have found almost every cart is not fully filled. Also filling the cart from the beginning rejuvinates the cart material. I have described how I do it many times in this thread. But it seems people don;t like to take the cart apart....they think it is a big hassle. In reality it only takes 30 seconds. If you don;t like to open up the cart then before ever vaping on the a new cart add six drops of liquid from the battery end. Let is settle and then vape. If it vapes funny and doesn;t produce clouds of vapor....too much liquid was added...blow out the excess liquid (from mouth end) onto a napkin held at the battery end. Then it should vape perfect.

BY making sure you start out right the chances of burning the cart material goes way down. After every 30-40 drags add 4 drops of liquid. Throw away after 200 or so puffs. I have done this for the last ten days I haven't burnt any of the carts since. BTW when you start off right these things produce so much vapor and throat hit...it is not even funny. I can't take more than 5 drags at a time. They perform the way many people on the forum used to rave about the Vaporkings when they were originally released.

Last edited:

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Edo, looking forward to seeing what you think of the Green Tech cartomizers as you have more experience than me with the two piece cartomizers. :) Also am curious to what the Western Tobacco tastes like.

I am looking forward to receiving the greencig carts....Drew sent me an email saying he shipped it yesterday...I am in cali... so maybe tomorrow I should get it.

Hey maybe you can give us a more detailed review of how you like it....since you have probably gone through a few more carts since your last mini review.

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC

That's a tough call. I need to open a few more up at various stages, and will try/have stated to try Edo's 'fill out of the box with cart opened' on a few boxes of them. It sort of depends on when I can confirm they actually *start* to burn. I'm pretty sure it's *before* you can taste it, which matches the experience of others that have taken them apart...I'd still like to know for sure from the manufacturer when that wick on the KR carts is (as well as the 'hair' on the greencigs). If it's possible to either detect when it starts to burn accurately from taste alone (which I don't think it is), and if pre-'fixed' (meaning manual filling before even using them), I may buy a few boxes, 'fix' them and just keep them on hand for very occasional use, or to let someone try then throw the cart out. Unless they last much longer than I expect before the burning starts, even pre-filled/fixed, it's not looking cost or 'safety' effective for me to use a KR as my 'go to' or primary smoke. But, we also don't 'know it all' yet, either, so will see.

I definitely feel more 'comfortable' with the greencig carts. Just need to sort how long they last, how long they can be dripped and last reasonably, and see where pricing goes with them. I only had the single cart, but it certainly lasted a fair amount of time with only a few drips added to it, and isn't of the ame design of the KRs, so...maybe my new or at least 'when out' go to will be the greencigs, as long as the daily cost works out reasonably.

Grr, no G300 on doorstep today yet.. :-(

Last edited:

Peaches

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 13, 2009
    Perhaps it's in here somewhere and I've missed it. Has anyone compared the battery life of the G220 to the KR808s?

Lotus, I'm finding that the cartomizer life of the Greenworld carts may be comparable to the KR808s, perhaps a little bit longer.

I'm still very happy with the KR808 batteries. I especially like the easy draw.

So far I'm finding a harder draw with the G220 but it just may be a "funky" or break-in period battery issue. Only time will tell since I just received the G220 yesterday.

Using the Greenworld Tech cartomizers has made me feel safer rather than using the KR808 carts that have a tendency to burn the polyester.

Last edited:

wegster

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    Wegster... did you see where the "hairs" were actually attached? Is there a metal bridge or are the hairs right on top of the coil? Once we get these we have to actually make sure that the hairs aren't being melted or burned....I would assume that would be as bad as burning the cart material.

Looks like it's right through the atty coil, but it's compressed pretty good. I've also gotten the atty cooking (disassembled, no juice) multiple times for ~7 second bursts, to see if anything *would* burn..so far, that's a negative.

I did get the G300 today. Will review later. Short - love the packaging, and the PCC, but the battery cutoff for me, is simply too short. I still like the carts, much moreso than the KR/VK/e9 etc, at this point.

Will get a closeup of the coil and 'hair' later, have the pic, but have to get it off cam and re-sized, and have to run out for a few as well as get some work done today..

wegster

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    Wegster.....Thanks for the info....what is this mystery material?lol....I mean the hair sits right on top and goes right through the coils of the ato but it doesn't melt....that is pretty cool.

Stand by, have a 30(!!) minute-ish review including cart busted open, and attached to different devices, coming, it's exporting now, then upload to YT..

Dunno, am starting to think the hair, is well, hair.
    (currently smoking my greencig cart on my KR battery..)

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
    Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    www.nhaler.com
    • Deleted by ZambucaLu
    • Reason: supplier posting in reviews forum
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread