Burning liquid with UD AGT Titanium. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
ure8u6y3.jpg
oh THX I also bought mine to have a small mod I just wished I could find a 16-17mm rda dripper for it

Try the dream dripper. It's all SS and it's at discount vapers. I have one and it's beastly. As long as you manage that coil right were you want it, this atty delivers. It's about 16.5mm using my ruler. Here it is on my chi you clone but it looks better on my kts telescopic. I suspect it to look fantastic on the bagua.

y5uga5y8.jpg

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I find that I have to use a steel rope in the AGT in order to get it wicking good the hole is so small that any mesh rolled tight enough to fit just doesn't wick well and the coil gets hot giving me a hard burn.

Here's the BaGua clone its pretty much the same thing. It has the magnet switch I'm not sure about the "IAHABO" from KidneyPuncher. The BaGua clone is cheaper at VaportekUSA for $26 that is when they have them in stock. I had to get mine during the last pre-order they had. It said pre-order but it ship the same day I ordered it.

2013-09-28%252001.06.44.jpg

Forgot to mention. I used the fill hole for the wick because it fit the 1/16 rope like a glove. Maybe I should use the wick hole to allow more air and perhaps better wicking, because it's slightly larger. I'm guessing you used the wick hole? Which size rope did you use?

pastubbs

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2013
Chattanooga, TN USA
pastubbs.com
Forgot to mention. I used the fill hole for the wick because it fit the 1/16 rope like a glove. Maybe I should use the wick hole to allow more air and perhaps better wicking, because it's slightly larger. I'm guessing you used the wick hole? Which size rope did you use?

You know what I don't even know I was at one of my local vape shops and we just tried different sizes to see which fits best but I did use my calibers and it comes out to about 1/16 it really depends on what part I measure. I use the standard fill hole it leave a bit of a gap but the mesh on the top of the cable catches it. To be honest I'm more of a dripper guy so I'm not that good at building Gennys its mostly trail and error[mostly error] for me. But every now and then I luck up and build an amazing setup like this one.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
You know what I don't even know I was at one of my local vape shops and we just tried different sizes to see which fits best but I did use my calibers and it comes out to about 1/16 it really depends on what part I measure. I use the standard fill hole it leave a bit of a gap but the mesh on the top of the cable catches it. To be honest I'm more of a dripper guy so I'm not that good at building Gennys its mostly trail and error[mostly error] for me. But every now and then I luck up and build an amazing setup like this one.

good to hear that youve had luck with the AGT. ive had great luck with gennys- once i put the time in. this one was my fourth or fifth genny so i think what happened was i got cocky and rushed the build. i gotta go back and be meticulous. im *almost* satisfied with this genny so far. the fact that you got it going nicely lets me know that im not doomed. im gonna use the standard wick hole like you instead of the fill hole. and maybe even a bit more mesh. i only have 1 revolution on my current build. cheers.

specter9mm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
San Diego, CA, USA
Success! I got my new 325 SS Mesh and gave this another shot. wrapped a hollow core wick with 32 gauge kanthal at 1.7 ohms(5 wraps around the wick), and it vapes great. It still wicked too slow to hit more than once every 10 seconds, so I took the fill screw out, and can chain vape on it without it burning now. Has anyone had success with any type of wicks with the fill screw left in?

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Success! I got my new 325 SS Mesh and gave this another shot. wrapped a hollow core wick with 32 gauge kanthal at 1.7 ohms(5 wraps around the wick), and it vapes great. It still wicked too slow to hit more than once every 10 seconds, so I took the fill screw out, and can chain vape on it without it burning now. Has anyone had success with any type of wicks with the fill screw left in?

glad to hear youre up and running smoothly.

i have completely abandoned the idea of leaving the fill screw in on any of my gennys. it would be great if a developer could find a way to allow air in the fill hole, but not eliquid out of it. of course it would probably cost a thousand dollars, and then i would complain about that lol.

specter9mm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
San Diego, CA, USA
glad to hear youre up and running smoothly.

i have completely abandoned the idea of leaving the fill screw in on any of my gennys. it would be great if a developer could find a way to allow air in the fill hole, but not eliquid out of it. of course it would probably cost a thousand dollars, and then i would complain about that lol.

Good to know. I will probably leave the screw out then. I did get some airflow back through the hollow core of the wick, but not nearly enough to satisfy the draw.

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Just wanted to report that I've got my agt up and running smashingly. Got the 1/16" wire rope in the wick hole rather than the fill hole, added more mesh up top, and did a three wrap of 32g kanthal for 1.2 ohms. Wicks great now.

That's great news Kemo! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with this Gennie. LOL I have tried every trick in the book but nothing is working so far. Because of the tiny diameter of the wick, it's hard to keep my Ω's up near the 1.8 to 2 Ω range. I have packed a 5/6 wrap in there with my .5 ribbon wire but even at that I am dropping down into the 1.1 Ω range which is way to hot for my Casa.

I've got to find me some 1/16" SS rope now. I've been using the 1/8" rope in my mini DiD D14 for nearly a year now and I don't use any thing else because the flavor is outstanding. I hope I can get this AGT-Ti working just as well so I can have a relatively inexpensive Gennie for Yaking, Fishing and Hunting.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
That's great news Kemo! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with this Gennie. LOL I have tried every trick in the book but nothing is working so far. Because of the tiny diameter of the wick, it's hard to keep my Ω's up near the 1.8 to 2 Ω range. I have packed a 5/6 wrap in there with my .5 ribbon wire but even at that I am dropping down into the 1.1 Ω range which is way to hot for my Casa.

I've got to find me some 1/16" SS rope now. I've been using the 1/8" rope in my mini DiD D14 for nearly a year now and I don't use any thing else because the flavor is outstanding. I hope I can get this AGT-Ti working just as well so I can have a relatively inexpensive Gennie for Yaking, Fishing and Hunting.

i got my 1/16" ss rope from Tractor Supply. i bought 1 foot of it and they even cut it up into a bunch of sections for me. i was going to buy the snips, but boom, didnt need em :)
id dive straight for the rope for the AGT. beats rolling a super tight super small wick imo. of course youd have to leave the fill hole open, but my AGT doesnt leak so its all gravy. i think the small size of it lends itself to no leaks. less pressure from only 1ml of liquid, plus the fill hole being tiny aids in less leak possiblilty too.

if youre looking for a bit higher resistance, you might consider the micro coil..

right on with the yakking genny. im right there with ya. theres nothing like a great vape out on the water.

i see you like BWB. 555Exotic is quite a tasty vape imo. malty toffee is another winner im sure youre familiar with.

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Yep, I never plug my fill screw holes on any of my gennies. The main reason is because I'm lazy and it's to much of a hassle. :D

I did try a micro coil using a cotton wick but that didn't work out to well. Nasty stuff it was. If the little 1/16" rope works as well as the 1/8" I'll be all over it. I was going to swing by HD or Lowes to check their stuff out but I remember some folks finding Galv rope that was labeled as stainless so I'm not to sure about that.

And yepper.... I've been vaping only BWB for over 3 years now. I've tried every one they have or have had at least once over the years but Casa is what I vape 24/7/365. Love dat stuff. :D

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Yep, I never plug my fill screw holes on any of my gennies. The main reason is because I'm lazy and it's to much of a hassle. :D

I did try a micro coil using a cotton wick but that didn't work out to well. Nasty stuff it was. If the little 1/16" rope works as well as the 1/8" I'll be all over it. I was going to swing by HD or Lowes to check their stuff out but I remember some folks finding Galv rope that was labeled as stainless so I'm not to sure about that.

And yepper.... I've been vaping only BWB for over 3 years now. I've tried every one they have or have had at least once over the years but Casa is what I vape 24/7/365. Love dat stuff. :D

those photos are great.
my casa was allowed to get severely aged for some reason. not that i didnt like it, maybe i just had tons of liquid at that point. it was 24mg, but it was a dark maroon color for most of its life. it tasted great but i dont favor that flavor much anymore for some reason. maybe i'll revisit it some time because i remember liking it. quite a robust vape.

bummer about the micro cotton genny fail. ive had that idea on my back burner for quite some time. still havent gotten around to doing it and now im not sure if i will. hmm

when you check out the ss rope, look for a color difference between the ss and the galvanized. at Tractor Supply, there was a distinct color difference. i wouldnt put it past the Lowes workers/customers to get it physically all mixed up. the tractor supply guy was really helpful. even the guy at the register made sure i didnt get the galvanized- which kinda blew my mind. he asked what id be using it for, then i asked him if he was a vaper and he was not. he simply understood what i was using it for and gave me his 2 cents, which i appreciated of course. gotta be safe.

thats a sweet lookin gun btw :thumb:

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Just checked our local Tractor Supply and they have it and are actually open till 8pm! Shaweet! AND they got hunting stuff to drool over too. LOL Thanks for the tip! Much better than the big box stores.

Yeah, that's my TC Omega 50 cal. Took her to the range a month ago to check the scope and I put 3 shots in the red at 100 yards. Easiest "sight-in" I ever had. :D
Just bought a new Leupold VX-3 with the CDS for my 30-06 and OH MY GOD is that thing amazing! I zeroed it in at 100 yrds and then cranked up the CDS turret to the #3 setting and put all 3 rounds in the red at 300 yrds. It is an amazing scope, by far the best I've ever owned. Now if I could just see a damn deer I'd be happy as a pig in you know what. LOL

Has anyone ever done a micro coil on a SS meshed wire rope before? Does that work very well? Hmmm

edit: Does anyone know the correct length for the wick in these AGT tanks? I noticed when I was building my rolled ss mesh wicks that it had to be well below the top of center post or it hits the top cap but I didn't take a measurement. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
glad to help.
your scopes sound sick. nice shootin! ive fired my buddy's rifle a few times. i cant remember the specs on it but it was pretty damn fun, i can tell you that lol. tried some long range hits with his scope but i had a hard time keeping it steady. every breath i took slightly jarred the scope and messed up my shot.
ive not tried a micro on a rope+mesh wick. i suspect it would work.
i wish i could help on the length for the AGT wick. i dont have mine with me today. i made the same oversight as you when i went to TS. i had no measurements at all. didnt even have the genny. i dont know what i was thinking. i can tell you that the shortest one he cut was the best. around 1 inch long. personally, id err on the side of shortness. or just get a foot's worth and make all types of sizes. one thing ive noticed about the top cap is just like you say- itll hit the wick if the wick is even a hair too long. however, i have found that it doesnt short the coil even if it does touch the cap. maybe its becasue titanium has very low conductivity. maybe it was just the oxidized mesh that was touching my cap and not the rope. i dont know.

Just checked our local Tractor Supply and they have it and are actually open till 8pm! Shaweet! AND they got hunting stuff to drool over too. LOL Thanks for the tip! Much better than the big box stores.

Yeah, that's my TC Omega 50 cal. Took her to the range a month ago to check the scope and I put 3 shots in the red at 100 yards. Easiest "sight-in" I ever had. :D
Just bought a new Leupold VX-3 with the CDS for my 30-06 and OH MY GOD is that thing amazing! I zeroed it in at 100 yrds and then cranked up the CDS turret to the #3 setting and put all 3 rounds in the red at 300 yrds. It is an amazing scope, by far the best I've ever owned. Now if I could just see a damn deer I'd be happy as a pig in you know what. LOL

Has anyone ever done a micro coil on a SS meshed wire rope before? Does that work very well? Hmmm

edit: Does anyone know the correct length for the wick in these AGT tanks? I noticed when I was building my rolled ss mesh wicks that it had to be well below the top of center post or it hits the top cap but I didn't take a measurement. :facepalm:

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Well.... I snagged some 1/16" SS rope at the local TS last Tuesday afterwork and made a new mesh wrapped wick with a 6/7 32 ga kanthal coil. Yet another fail. :(
Took me about an hour of messing with it to get all the coils to glow nice. Filled her up and!!! .... nope, still taste like camel snot. :glare: I'm gonna mess with it again some night when I have time but man, it shouldn't be this hard.

What were they thinking when the put all the holes on top of each other like that. I mean damn, I have more room in my little D14 than this thing has. There is zero room for the wick to lean over towards the ground screw.

It wouldn't be so bad if this was a $15 gennie clone or sumthin, but damn... at $42 I expected a fairly decent gennie.

Edit: BTW if it helps anyone, the max wick length is 1.18" or 30mm ;)

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Well.... I snagged some 1/16" SS rope at the local TS last Tuesday afterwork and made a new mesh wrapped wick with a 6/7 32 ga kanthal coil. Yet another fail. :(
Took me about an hour of messing with it to get all the coils to glow nice. Filled her up and!!! .... nope, still taste like camel snot. :glare: I'm gonna mess with it again some night when I have time but man, it shouldn't be this hard.

What were they thinking when the put all the holes on top of each other like that. I mean damn, I have more room in my little D14 than this thing has. There is zero room for the wick to lean over towards the ground screw.

It wouldn't be so bad if this was a $15 gennie clone or sumthin, but damn... at $42 I expected a fairly decent gennie.

Edit: BTW if it helps anyone, the max wick length is 1.18" or 30mm ;)

mine took a good chunk of time with the finagling of the coils as well. my biggest problem was nudging the coils in such a way that i didnt allow the bottom wrap to get close to the seal around the pos post. after i got that sorted out its been flavor country ever since. maybe your wire is too close to the seal like mine was.

but yeah totaly agree in the hole placemnt fail. no need to have everything all on top of each other like that :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread