Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherokee1979

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Hi all.

Glad to be back posting here again. I vape two tritons simultaneously. A VV and a regular. I usually vape Nicoticket. I have been encountering, for months and months, an issue with the juice burning a black spot onto the wick in contact with the coil. It is maddening and disgusting. My solution has largely been to move the wick a bit (by pulling it one way) after beginning to taste burning. This causes me to go through way more coils than I would want to. I try not to vape too much in succession - and use two simultaneously so as to try to not get either too hot. This issue happens on even new wicks/coils. Maybe I am vaping too many pulls off it in succession (as I do not have permission to vape in my office and only take one pull every once in awhile). Any ideas to fix this issue would be much appreciated, as I am about to switch to a mod with bottom coil capability solely to prevent this issue. It is really not fun.

BLTinFLA

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2014
Palm Harbor, FL
The wick at the coil will turn black unless it is efficiently cleaned and/or dry burned. Every wick will finally die however as the "burn" (which is really a gunk buildup) gets worse and the coil has to be replaced. I own bottom coils and they "burn" (turn black) and eventually have to be replaced also. That's why replacement coils are sold for any brand of tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread