Burnt hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntwz

May 29, 2013
singapore
Hey guys I'm new to this forum but I've a few questions I hope some of you can help me out! I'm also pretty new to vaping started a couple of months back and I'm on my second mod now.

Some info to maybe let you guys have a better idea, I own a sigelei tc 150 with a tfv4 mini

I was getting great cloud and flavour when I was using the stock heads they gave but now I'm onto making my own coils I did a twisted kanthal 26 gauge and got myself a sweet 0.34 ohms.

The problem here is that I'm getting burnt hits when I'm vaping at 55 watts I'm thinking that it's due to the coil heating up too quickly and the juice doesn't soak into the cotton too quickly. Tried rewicking to put more and less cotton but it doesn't seem to work. I even tried pancake wicking method but to no avail..I resort to only firing at only 25 watts which doesn't give me any burnt hits but I'm not feeling it nor I'm getting enough flavour. How can I solve this??

Another problem is that my ohms fire at 0.6 but eventually drops to 0.34 after it heats up but goes up after awhile if I were to leave it as it is. The problem can't be the tightening because I've checked it multiple times!! It's frustrating even though it vapes fine..

Thanks in advance any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Vape on

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Wicking is an art, and without pictures I can't comment further. However I suspect that your coils are unable to manage the wattage you are asking them to handle.

Low resistance coils are required for mechanical mods, using a high powered regulated device frees you from that constraint. Try using a higher guage wire like 28AWG, and make your coils as big as you can up around +1ohm, and push power at it until it performs like you want it to. Bigger coils means more surface area and potentially a more comfortable heat flux.

My current silly-clouds build is dual 13 wraps of 28G 2.5mm ID at 1.2 ohms with 80-90 watts in a Velocity with the airflow wide open. Clouds bro clouds.

The drifting resistance you talked about has to be due to a bad connection somewhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread