Burnt taste in Kanger Subtank RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhuryuS

Aug 15, 2014
Iowa
I have the 25mm Kanger Subtank on an IPV mini 30watt device. The prebuilt OCC .5 ohm coils work perfectly at all wattages for me. I have built a few coils at .6 ohms in different ways. Tight micro coils and a standard spaced coil. I use japanese organic cotton wick and have tried multiple methods wicking my builds as well. No matter what way I try, I always get a burnt taste at anything above 20 watts. Are there any tips/tricks you can suggest to help me get rid of the burnt taste while still being able to go up to 30 watts? Gear info. 25mm Subtank, IPV mini 30 watt, 28 gauge A1 kanthal, and japanese organic cotton. so you know what I'm working with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Possible causes coil diameter is to small or there are to many turns of the coil. Pic would help. FYI when you post in Vet area unless you are a Vet you can't respond to any question we might have. So better to provide as much info as possible. Pics help a bunch. I believe the coils that are standard with it are between 2.5 and 3mm I.D.. Do not remember the coil count but I do remember they were not wound very close to each other. Dual coils. So each coil will be 1 ohm in the original.

Dj Xy

I'm winning like Charlie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
baltimore, maryland
Its probably the insulator, they have issued replacements which are made of a different material.
Heres the details:
Issue found on the Kanger Sub Tank rebuild-able head with certain liquids, but the stock coils have no
issues.
Please contact with our service center
If you are located in USA, Pls contact with KangerTech US Service Center
11555 Medlock Bridge Rd, Unit 100, Johns Creek, GA 30097
Phone: 1-888-799-1988
US Service contact: service@kangertechus.com
If you are not in USA, pls contact with KangerTech China Headquarters
China contact & Quality feedback: service@szkanger.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread