Burnt taste with new evod

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlsanders83

Apr 10, 2013
texas
Hey everyone. I got my new kanger evods in the mail a few days ago and they really do not have much of a taste no matter what liquid or voltage or wattage I use. If I set my vamo v2 to a higher wattage it tastes burnt. The taste I'm getting with 3 different juices is all the same. They all kind of have a weird chocolate/ burnt taste even at low wattage. Every now and then I'll get a hint of what the liquid should taste like. I've tried 2 different 2.5 ohm heads and have cleaned and dry burned both of them with the same results afterwards. Does anyone know anything else to try?

b2darizzle

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2013
New Orleans, LA
I'm having this same issue - picked up some eVods from a local store and right out the pack they taste burnt. I've bought eVods in the past and they're perfect right after you fill them (granted, the hits taste burnt until the wicks are wet enough), but I let these new ones sit with juice overnight and they're still burnt-tasting.

Anyone had similar problems and found a solution?

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
It could be many things including juice that needs to be steeped. Sure, I have issues frequently, and keep cleaning, replacing, dry burning or whatever I need to do to chase the vape I'm looking for. I think that's not uncommon here. Also, sometimes the original coils/heads are not as good as the genuine replacement heads. I tinker until I get it where I want it. If I'm in a hurry, I just change the topper until I have time to tinker. Rule number one again, backups, backups, backups. My two cents.

lilmrsyeti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Alabama
I received one Evod that was the same way. No matter how many washings and what not, that burnt taste would not go away. Someone on here that works with Machines, said they had gotten one the same way, and it tastes like Machine Oil...maybe that they didn't get out of it after making it. Anyhow, my only solution was to just rebuild the head.

Which I'm sure you've checked...but you did say you were using a Vamo...have you made sure it is on the NO2 (RMS mode)

Kabooma

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Eastern PA
I bought two recently. The first one I used for my ADV and at first it was fantastic, much like the vivi nova, very deep flavor and good TH, etc.. Then about 5 days in it just got a very burnt taste. I've run out of juice and burnt up a couple of carts in my day, but none were as nasty and pungent as this. I opened up the second one and within 2 days, it got the same burnt flavor, while FULL.. I learned from the first one not to let it go down less than 1/3 full (and you really can only fill it to 2/3), so it was a PITA to manage it from the get-go.

I tired completely washing them out and no dice, still the burnt flavor outflavors the juice. Think I will just toss them. I'm back on my novas.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
With EVOD's and other bottom coil tanks, you need to let the liquid saturate the wicking for a while before using it. The more VG you have in your juice, the longer you need to let it sit. Just fill it, stand it right side up, and find something else to do or vape for an hour or so. Also make sure that it never gets below a quarter tank before refilling. The less liquid you have in the tank, the less vacuum you create with a draw, and the more likely you are to get air across the wick and coil assembly. That might also cause the tank to leak.

As for the machine oil taste mentioned by lilmrsyeti, that could be a factory QC problem. As cheap as these things are, you can expect to get a dud about as occasionally as you do with a gross of Chinese made bottle rockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread