Busted at Wal-Mart! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gshock9

Mar 25, 2009
Calgary, AB CANADA
Half the reason I started on e-cigs was to smoke (vape) where ever I want when ever I want. Talking about stirring the pot is bad...I think it's frickin' hilarious! To stand outside with the rest of the smokers...umm no, what would be the point. The majority of people out there know what these things are and if they come up to you and accuse you of smoking and you say it's an e-cig, they'll leave you alone.
Personally, I think it is super funny to get rises out of people when they have no leg to stand on....90% of people are chicken sh$%t anyway and will not confront you on it, because THEY are afraid of confrontation.
Lastly, saying that it would be bad PR to be on the news for being in a scuffle over vaping is B.S. Any publicity is good publicity and the only people that are truly ...... about e-cigs, is the gov't. Why? Because they aren't making a dime off of this. That is the true reason there is so much hubbub right now. E-cigs are very popular right now and the gov't is livid they aren't getting a peice of this pie. P.S if they do "ban" e-cigs... f*@&k that, I will really go out of my way to make a scene anywhere I want.
Really, there are bigger issues in the world than "OMG those electronic gizmos aint so good to be usin'".

I am enjoying my PVs and am happy to have a little fun with it...relax people life is a roller coaster...enjoy the ride and don't be scared..it will be over quicker than you think!

Oldnamenomore

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
pete non alcoholic beer has alcohol in it. vaping doesn't have any of the things the smoking ban doesn't allow. I think you should be polite about it, and ask permission b4 using it somewhere. I like to think I can vape where smoking used to be legal and its all good. I've vaped in class (showed the guys sitting around me so they didn't freak out).

We should be respectful but not cowardly. If you're going to do it in a store be discreet, bars ask permission. Don't try to stir up a problem, but if one arises be polite about it.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
pete non alcoholic beer has alcohol in it. Vaping doesn't have any of the things the smoking ban doesn't allow. I think you should be polite about it, and ask permission b4 using it somewhere. I like to think I can vape where smoking used to be legal and its all good. I've vaped in class (showed the guys sitting around me so they didn't freak out).

We should be respectful but not cowardly. If you're going to do it in a store be discreet, bars ask permission. Don't try to stir up a problem, but if one arises be polite about it.

This is pretty much might point, also. I like to think of myself as a polite cheerleader for our new device. If an owner of an establishment does not want me to vape there, that is his right and I will respect that. I will always try to explain politely and intelligently what a PV is and IS NOT. I will be respectful of others but I will not be "steamrolled" or pushed around, either.

When my daughter's played competitive and varsity soccer, I always told them to play by the rules and do not take "cheap shots" on other players. I would then add, BUT, if someone starts something with you, I expect you to finish it no matter what happens, even if they got red carded out of the game. You DON'T let people walk all over you, period.

Last edited:

Liza

Nov 6, 2008
LOL.. There's a saying that goes.. "just because you can doesn't mean you should". I have vaped in the grocery and a restaurant once each, mostly because I forgot I had it in my hand. Noone was really around to make any stir and in the restaurant the waitress was fascinated when she saw it and brought others over to see it. Noone's had any problem with it when they knew what it was but I try not to flaunt it just because i "can". No matter what, it still looks like smoking to the average non-smoker and it's still not a good idea for kids to get the idea that it's "ok" just because it's better then regular cigarettes. We've still got a long road before most people know about them. Also, I think we'll soon have a fight on our hands to fight "big tabacco" on their attempt to influence lawmakers and the FDA/other agencies to get rid of them. JMO

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Gshock, you say that half the reason you bought this was to circumnavigate the smoking bans... and that it's hilarious when you do your thing wherever you good and well please....

I say, the time for such behavior is NOT now.....not when what we are seeking for our new toy right now is acceptance for their very existence! Will you be able to vape your head off everywhere when the gov't makes it illeagal to own one? And don't tell me they can't..... never underestimate the power of one who has it wielding it in rightous indignation...

Right now the anti's, BT, BP and Big Brother are experiencing culture shock. This is new, and they don't understand....no, they don't WANT to understand, so they just lump it with something they do understand, with all the stigma and bad press attached. If you put in their faces that you've found a loophole in the existing laws, those loopholes will simply be CLOSED. Be over-polite with these new toys.....and respectful.

Bruceslog

Mar 1, 2009
Indiana
He's got more ballz than I....

I've been sneaking smokes in public, because I fear someone in "authority" will see me puffin away and think that I have some kind of new .... or something, and they'd confiscate my beloved Bada Bing, and I'd have to go through all that court crap, without having a solid " but it's legal, I think ? " case....

The worst would be losing my Bada Bing ...

BlkSupra1jzed

Apr 13, 2009
Raleigh, NC
The kind of reactions I enjoy are funny and amusing ones. Innocent at that. I got pulled over and the officer walked up and asked me to put my cig out...I then shoved it between my head and my hat and his face was priceless! Those are the kinds of ways I find to get a reaction. They are hugely amusing and no harm is done. We must have sat on the side of the road for a good 5 minutes after that talking about what I had just done etc etc etc.

2kool2

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
USA
My husband has been walking around for weeks vaping his head off anywhere and everywhere. He has desperately wanted for someone to say something just to see what would happen. (I can't explain his need for confrontation but I chalk it up to a "guy thing") He's vaped in Wal-Mart, the grocery store, the tire shop, pharmacy, everywhere...and yet beyond a few odd looks no one has said anything to him. His disappointment was rising until two night ago at Wal-Mart.

He had been walking around vaping his head off as usual as he walked around the store. He had finally picked up what I had sent him out for and proceeded to the front of the store to check out. Once at the register and as he was paying for the item purchased - out of nowhere - BAM...it happened!

A Wal-Mart employee came out of nowhere and shouted at him, "I see you smoking!" At this he laughed, looked at his 401, and replied, "No, I am not smoking." The employee, being very sure of herself, continues on her rant telling him how she saw smoke coming out of his mouth and she knows he is smoking in the store. At this, he takes e-cig in hand, takes a huge drag, blows out puffs of "vapor" and states, "No love what you see is steam coming from my mouth and not smoke." Then he takes the e-cig and pretends to put it out on the back of his hand explaining how it's not a lit cigarette. At this the employee walks away still mumbling to herself and probably desperately trying to figure out what just happened. lol

All the commotion obviously gets the attention of other Wal-Mart shoppers and sparks a conversation about what it is he has in his hand. He explains to the others in line about his new found toy with a huge smile plastered on his face. The other patrons find the e-cig amazing stating over and over how cool it is and inquiring on where to purchase one for themselves. At which point he casually leaves the store, still vaping, and heads for home.

Just thought I'd share what I felt to be a funny story of a man on a mission. Trying desperately to see what will happen when using an e-cig in public in non-smoking areas. He is usually one to hate confrontation but it seems the e-cig has brought out another side of him that I didn't know existed lol

I would have give a GOLD monkey to have been there,LOL !

sMuCk_fOg

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Lakewood,California - u$a
Half the reason I started on e-cigs was to smoke (vape) where ever I want when ever I want. Talking about stirring the pot is bad...I think it's frickin' hilarious! To stand outside with the rest of the smokers...umm no, what would be the point. The majority of people out there know what these things are and if they come up to you and accuse you of smoking and you say it's an e-cig, they'll leave you alone.
Personally, I think it is super funny to get rises out of people when they have no leg to stand on....90% of people are chicken sh$%t anyway and will not confront you on it, because THEY are afraid of confrontation.
Lastly, saying that it would be bad PR to be on the news for being in a scuffle over vaping is B.S. Any publicity is good publicity and the only people that are truly ...... about e-cigs, is the gov't. Why? Because they aren't making a dime off of this. That is the true reason there is so much hubbub right now. E-cigs are very popular right now and the gov't is livid they aren't getting a peice of this pie. P.S if they do "ban" e-cigs... f*@&k that, I will really go out of my way to make a scene anywhere I want.
Really, there are bigger issues in the world than "OMG those electronic gizmos aint so good to be usin'".

I am enjoying my PVs and am happy to have a little fun with it...relax people life is a roller coaster...enjoy the ride and don't be scared..it will be over quicker than you think!

But I live in Los Angeles California ,and Vape everywhere I go.So far I've not met one single person who knew what an e-cig was.
I was at the Long Beach Grand Prix all weekend vaping amongst thousands of people and I had (what seemed like)
hundreds of people asking me about my blue ciggy that had a blue light and no smoke coming out of it while it was clinched in my teeth.I took that thing apart so many times I just about wore the threads off my favorite battery heh

Gshock9

Mar 25, 2009
Calgary, AB CANADA
Gshock, you say that half the reason you bought this was to circumnavigate the smoking bans... and that it's hilarious when you do your thing wherever you good and well please....

I say, the time for such behavior is NOT now.....not when what we are seeking for our new toy right now is acceptance for their very existence! Will you be able to vape your head off everywhere when the gov't makes it illeagal to own one? And don't tell me they can't..... never underestimate the power of one who has it wielding it in rightous indignation...

Right now the anti's, BT, BP and Big Brother are experiencing culture shock. This is new, and they don't understand....no, they don't WANT to understand, so they just lump it with something they do understand, with all the stigma and bad press attached. If you put in their faces that you've found a loophole in the existing laws, those loopholes will simply be CLOSED. Be over-polite with these new toys.....and respectful.

Ummm....why is every one so scared. Almost every experience I have had vaping in places that are "taboo" comes with either a "hey, that is one of those e-cigarettes" or "wow that is cool how can I get my hands on one of those?"
The only people who complain are the chronic complainers who complain about everything just for the sake of complaining. And those people can go f* themselves anyway.
Do you honestly think that the 1 or 2 people that disagree with you have that big an influence on what is going to happen to these things? Get real people!
Why is everyone so damned paranoid? How fun is that? Maybe you should've stuck with analogs and be damned to smoking outside and feel like you are a low-life of society....because to me that is how a lot of peole are coming off. Scared and willing to run with their tail between their legs.
These devices are a technological breakthrough into a new era.
There is no way anyone will tell me how to conduct myself with these. There is a very high population of smokers and vapers out there and if everyone who smokes, turns to vaping, what the hell are the tobacco companies gonna do? Not a ......n thing, that's what!
So take your heads out of your asses and stand up and fight for this, DO NOT cower into the shadows of the tobacco companies and gov't. For those of you who do, have lost the battle already.
And if for some crazy reason there is a complete and utter ban on e-cigs, than should we not have as much fun with them as we can....while we can?
I know I will.....will you? I hope so!

Alanae

Mar 13, 2009
North Carolina
WOW .. alot of different views for sure. I agree with getting pissy and confrontational with someone over vaping. It's not worth the arguement if it "Really" comes down to that, but it didn't. What it did was spark interest from other customers who had "quit" smoking and were damn well ...... off about it. THEY MISSED IT! After seeing and hearing about e-cigs my guess is they went home, did a google search, and have already placed their orders.

I also agree that the FDA ban has nothing to do with public safety or health, otherwise analogs should be illegal. It's tax dollars .. period. The gov't gets a buttload of money taxing analogs and what do they get money wise from the vaping public, absolutely nothing.

My thoughts...

Get out there and make more people aware! Vaping is a movement all of it's own whether you like it or not. The BEST way to keep your favorite toy and not go back to analogs is to raise public awareness. The more people who vape, the more people who are out there willing to take a stand and fight. And yes this is a fight...a fight to make a choice, a fight to be able to vape, a fight for a healthier future for us x-analog smokers, and a fight for our children who hopefully won't pick up analogs or vaping when they grow up. It's a numbers game, and the more people who are aware, the more people who turn to vaping, the more people who are willing to stand up and say, "WAIT, you as the gov't approved analogs knowing they were cancer causing deathsticks full of all sorts of crap that made them even more addictive as the years went by. I got hooked, and now I've found a better alternative to battle my addiction. I for one will not sit idle while you take away my choices in my battle to fight my addiction."

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
What I really really hate is when those who vape begin to sound like herded cattle. I hear the anti-smoking denormalization program is working on many posting here, and that is ultimately much more disturbing than smoking bans or possible e smoking bans. Some of us actually did start vaping to get around smoking bans. The fact that vaping led to quitting or cutting back on smoking is a surprise bonus does not diminish my hatred of the anti-smoking brigade and their human experiment with denormalization. Keep playing into it. Keep hiding like scared kids. That will get you a ban on vaping sooner than simply standing for what you believe in.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Why do people think that because you use discretion with vaping you are scared? I call it being smart!

What is your point in vaping? Mine is to get my nic hit when I need it so I stay off the analogs...period. So if I have to vape discreetly to ensure that, then you bet your boots that's what I am going to do....whether it be in a bar, in a store, at work...wherever.

For one, I have no interest in flaunting it so someone tosses me out of their business...or tells me I can no longer use it there (particularly at work). So not flaunting it accomplishes that goal.

Look at how many people tell of the interest they've received while vaping outside with smokers. If you really want to sell the product...or educate those interested in it....that is your target group....not some manager at walmart.

Whenever you alienate someone, you lose them to listening to any possible benefits of vaping. All they will do is go complain to another anti who will jump on the bandwagon.

So start with educating those who are interested, will buy the product and spread the word. Now that's smart!

I started vaping to be able to get my nic when/where I needed it. I was pulled in by the ads that "you can smoke it anywhere"....and that's just not true. Get over it.

And even if it does become legal, my guess is that it is still not going to be allowed anywhere you go....some stores, office buildings, hospitals, schools (can you see a college kid vaping in class....most likely isn't going to happen), etc....discretion is still going to be necessary.

When ecigs get a bad rap, it does not do our cause any good. You will never gain the support of those you tick off....you will only make them digs their heels in further. So use your head and keep your goals in mind. And if your only goal is to be rebellious.....then you're barking up the wrong tree. Grow up, for Pete's sake! You're only making it harder on those of us who are seriously trying to use them as a viable alternative to analogs. This isn't about "Look what I can do....nanee nanee nanee". What are you trying to prove?

Lu

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
Angela, I believe they have only banned IMPORTATION to Canada. So eventually the Canadian suppliers will dry up.
My best,
-VP
Thanks. I could have swaorn that I read that the last announcement from HC included the sale purchase and use of.... but then again, I may have just dreamed it LOL :p

Wildsky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Nebraska
What I really really hate is when those who vape begin to sound like herded cattle. I hear the anti-smoking denormalization program is working on many posting here, and that is ultimately much more disturbing than smoking bans or possible e smoking bans. Some of us actually did start vaping to get around smoking bans. The fact that vaping led to quitting or cutting back on smoking is a surprise bonus does not diminish my hatred of the anti-smoking brigade and their human experiment with denormalization. Keep playing into it. Keep hiding like scared kids. That will get you a ban on vaping sooner than simply standing for what you believe in.
I couldn't agree more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread