Busted at Wal-Mart! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ate at Furr's Cafeteria with family members today and afterwards, we sat there awhile chatting, so I vaped. Was up front, first table you see when entering , right by the no smoking sign, and nobody said a word to me. It helped, though, that I was using a black 901 with blue led, was only occassionaly hitting it, and was hitting it lightly (and thus very little vapor being exhaled).
Moderation rocks! That's what I'm talking about -- don't push it in people's faces, and they'll usually leave you alone... :)

~~Cheryl

If we vape only where smokers use analogs then we are telling everyone by our own actions that vaping is exactly the same as smoking, that it should be shunned, that it should be banned, that it is bad, that we should be ridiculed and that we are second class citizens. Actions speak louder than words. Be polite but be an intelligent, informed advocate for vaping.
Ditto. What we're trying to communicate is that this is NOT smoking. So why should we do it only where smokers smoke?

~~Cheryl

Opinions vary on what's classy and what's not. As with everything, it's always appropriate to be sensitive to other people's reactions to what you're doing. If a dinner guest would be grossed out by my letting the dog lick my plate, it's considerate of me not to do it. Common sense, folks...

~~Cheryl

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Opinions vary on what's classy and what's not. As with everything, it's always appropriate to be sensitive to other people's reactions to what you're doing. If a dinner guest would be grossed out by my letting the dog lick my plate, it's considerate of me not to do it. Common sense, folks...

~~Cheryl

I only let the dogs lick the plates after the meal. I usually don't let them lick the plate before the meal unless the guest has really ...... me off like telling me that vaping is just like using analogs!:shock:

Avid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Cheers! Love that post. :)

peech248m

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Northwestern Georgia,USA
I took mine to the Movies!!! My husband dipps so he was never bothered ,but it was so cool just to be able to vape and not have to think about going outside. I love it.
I'm not shy but if there are alot of people around I kind of tuck my chin.Going to a big camp out for the weekend,(alot of smokers) i'll be showing it to everybody.

My biggest reason for not patronizing movie theaters has been eliminated, now that I can get my nic fix without going outside, wondering what I'm gonna miss. Granted, I was with my large service dog at the time, and she preferred to lay in the aisle, so I stood behind her at the very back to make sure no one stepped on her in the dark -- so I wasn't really in a seat. But still, no one was the wiser, and everybody was happy. :D

~~Cheryl

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
dedmonwakin;209845 ........ "[B said:
Despite what you think, you have no right to expose people to your water vapor that you believe to be absent of anything harmful. "[/B]

dedmonwakin, you need to do some research and check this out:

Air Germicide - TIME

Yeah, our water vapor is so harmful.:shock:

We need to start vaping everywhere!!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
And here is another point from one of our forum's longest members about the vapor we exhale:

Mike, nothing over the years since that study has negated its conclusion. It still stands that PG is a formidable germ-killer. Dr. Murray Laugesen of Health New Zealand references those studies and others in his most recent interim report on e-smoking, where he says all is well, so far, so good. PG has since been tested on even children. No harmful effects. I wish more posters here read the Health section from cover to cover ...

But let's not vape around our kids.

Last edited:

Alexander

Apr 19, 2009
Houston, Texas
My biggest reason for not patronizing movie theaters has been eliminated, now that I can get my nic fix without going outside, wondering what I'm gonna miss. Granted, I was with my large service dog at the time, and she preferred to lay in the aisle, so I stood behind her at the very back to make sure no one stepped on her in the dark -- so I wasn't really in a seat. But still, no one was the wiser, and everybody was happy. :D

~~Cheryl

DOGGY!! I love dogs so much... SO MUCH.

joniliff

Apr 5, 2009
Nevada
...I like to think of myself as a polite cheerleader for our new device....

Great point of view, one we might all adopt. I smoke in Wal-Mart, grocery store, multiple doctor's offices/spaces, waiting rooms, non-smoking people's homes, professional offices....EVERYWHERE.

BUT, I NEVER just start puffing away, blowing clouds of vapor at everyone! I ALWAY do it one-on-one, very obviously, and invite comments immediately on what's going on, or in response to "What are you doing?" Never surreptitiously, or confrontationally, and I've ALWAYS received a positive response, allowing me to explain and demonstrate.

I NEVER ask permission first...putting people on the defensive immediately, and requiring an uninformed decision on their part. "Don't ask a question, if you don't want to hear the answer."

John

Kimpetuous

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Dever
.......I NEVER ask permission first...putting people on the defensive immediately, and requiring an uninformed decision on their part. "Don't ask a question, if you don't want to hear the answer."

John

Another excellent point! I am content to fufill my need for vaping to my home, car, and smoke breaks at work, but I see nothing wrong with vaping where you like. People don't ask when then need to use oxygen in public places and creates about as much vapor.

There are so many more offensive things that people do in public.

effy

Apr 19, 2009
Northern Colorado
He's got more ballz than I....

I've been sneaking smokes in public, because I fear someone in "authority" will see me puffin away and think that I have some kind of new .... or something, and they'd confiscate my beloved Bada Bing, and I'd have to go through all that court crap, without having a solid " but it's legal, I think ? " case....

The worst would be losing my Bada Bing ...

lol good point. i can see one of us in court before the DA or judge or whoever and, looking all small with slumped shoulders saying "but...but it's legal...i...think?"

either way, it'd make a good story to tell your fellow vapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread