Busted at Wal-Mart! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vaped tonight at Round Table Pizza during a political meeting that I was leading.

Smokers have been guilted so long, we feel like we always have to hide. This is wrong!

After watching me vape for a while, one of our members said, "What IS that?"

And that gave me a perfect platform to describe exactly what my njoy is, and isn't.

I hope everybody's using such opportunities to educate their fellow citizens...

~~Cheryl

Bruceslog

Mar 1, 2009
Indiana
lol good point. i can see one of us in court before the DA or judge or whoever and, looking all small with slumped shoulders saying "but...but it's legal...i...think?"

either way, it'd make a good story to tell your fellow vapers.

Yeah, that would suck.

But my biggest fear is still be getting my e-Cigar confiscated.
Someday soon, I hope, our suppliers will be fully stocked again ( once customs and the FDA stop seizing shipments ) and then I'll have 30 e-Cigars.... then I won't mind losing one or two when Rambo the Super-Cop takes them from me, out of fear of the unknown, suspecting that he found a new pot ...., or just because he can. .

Meantime, All my family and friends have seen me vape, in public and private, and know all about e-cigs now.
And I've vaped at concerts, mostly in the areas that they allow smoking.
Moving to such smoking areas is, to me, Common Courtesy. As noted in another thread here, http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/10634-offensive-odors.html , Some folks are actually too very sensitive to any odors at all.

I have other habits that I do not flaunt in public as well.
No big deal.

Bruceslog

Mar 1, 2009
Indiana
LOL
Me too !
I wonder how they can stand themselves !
And invariably, they are the first to start complaining about the smell of someone smoking a cigarette outside of the stores entry way !

I'm the same way as you when I end up within a aisle way of one of those women in the stores though.. I don't start complaining out loud, but, like you, I tend to move rapidly to the other end of the store until they leave.. LOL.

So, I agree with you.
Since they don't like smoke smell and make smokers go outside, then I too feel that they should only just be allowed to window shop from outside since they smell so Strong !!
Fair is Fair ! :)

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I wonder how they can stand themselves !

Because they can't smell it themselves....just like any odor we are repeatedly exposed to...we don't smell it, but others do. Ever walk into someone's house with lots of pets? I've seen the cleanest people have the worst pet smelling houses ever...and I don't even think they are aware of it.

Reminds me of when I moved out to the country for a while....right next door to a farm. The cow manure odor was overwhelming. But after awhile, I hardly noticed it. When friends would visit, they would all say the same thing about how bad it smelled and how could I stand it. I would just chuckle and say "You get used to it." And trust me, the chicken farm a few miles down the road was much, much worse!
stink.gif

I have run into co-workers coming in from a smoke break and I honestly think....wow, I used to smell like that (probably still do at times when I smoke an analog now and then). So we really don't smell odors we grow accustomed to the same as others do.

Lu

ShimmyPrincess

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2009
The Windy City
LOL thanks Bruce.

Seriously I've had to change my shopping routine because of women like that. You know the routine you get into start at one spot and work your way back and forth up the rows... LOL when you end up following one of those women, its TERRIBLE!
Too much and I start to sneeze!

haha WS :lol: I know what you mean...you TRY to avoid them, they seem to follow me around the store (what a headache) usually the same ladies that are offended by smoke, vapor, etc....go figure :p

ShimmyPrincess

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2009
The Windy City
Because they can't smell it themselves....just like any odor we are repeatedly exposed to...we don't smell it, but others do. Ever walk into someone's house with lots of pets? I've seen the cleanest people have the worst pet smelling houses ever...and I don't even think they are aware of it.

Reminds me of when I moved out to the country for a while....right next door to a farm. The cow manure odor was overwhelming. But after awhile, I hardly noticed it. When friends would visit, they would all say the same thing about how bad it smelled and how could I stand it. I would just chuckle and say "You get used to it." And trust me, the chicken farm a few miles down the road was much, much worse!
stink.gif

I have run into co-workers coming in from a smoke break and I honestly think....wow, I used to smell like that (probably still do at times when I smoke an analog now and then). So we really don't smell odors we grow accustomed to the same as others do.

Lu

very true Lu...I have a houseful myself...and I clean like a maniac. My daughters' friend came over and said "wow, for a lots of pets, your house smells good"...backhanded compliment? LOL, dunno but I'll take it, her mom has 11 cats and I've been over there (eww)...maybe vinegar & water and no carpets was a nice change for her :p

Bruceslog

Mar 1, 2009
Indiana

stink.gif

Lu

I think you hit that issue spot on... although the women that Do bathe themselves in perfume smell much stronger, and much worse to me than even a hog farm ! When I think of them driving to the store in their cars, all the windows rolled up... I can't help but to think that they HAVE to know how powerful their perfume is !

Now, E-Cigs DO have a slight odor. And it can irritate the folks with more sensitive noses who happen to be around us.
So out of respect, I don't walk through a Walmart while I'm puffin away on my e-cigar.
On the other hand, my wife knows all about e-cigs, and allows me to vape in the house. ( I never smoked a regular cig in the house...always out in the garage or just plain ol outdoors, she has never smoked ). She does smell my e-cig from across the couch. She says it makes her want a vanilla coke or some ice cream. :) So my e-cig and my juice is pleasent smell for her ( luckily for me ). Wigey is Very big on nice smelling stuff. She even decides which soap lotions, shampoo's, and dishspas to use by opening any new ones in the store and smelling them. If they smell pretty, she'll likely buy it. Yet she also can't stand to be around any overpowering smells, like the women in the stores that have taken a bath in perfume, no matter how good the perfume smelled to start with. :D

How else can we get people on our side if we don't vape publically. I have found that most cig-haters, when given a detailed and friendly explaination, seem to get on my side about it. They ask questions and almost always mention a friend or relative whos smoking concerns them and how they will tell them about me and my e-cigs. If we hide or only smoke on the back patio it seems as good as saying we're doing something bad or unhealthy. While I agree we shouldn't fight with adamant establishments or cause scenes, I think her husband handled the situation in a calm and friendly manner, educating and probably winning over others.;)

ozrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
I think alot of us are so proud that we quit analogs we want to show our goods. I mean, what's not to show? Cool LED, smoke without fire, no annoying smell and a purported healthier way to get our nicotine. Weeks ago I was all about doing it everywhere, I think my tune has changed a smidge.

Just remember common courtesy. If people aren't comfortable around it and you are in a public place, put it away or go elsewhere. Let's not be selfish and thumb our noses at people because we can. Educate people about them and use where appropriate and accepted.

Elle

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Orange County, CA
it seems like it usually comes down to two opinions w/ these stories...

1. you're just looking for a reaction, shame on you for being so blatant and giving ecigs a bad name

and

2. how will we get the public educated if we hide it??

i think these threads should be accompanied by a poll w/ the above opinions, save people some typing.

:)

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
it seems like it usually comes down to two opinions w/ these stories...

1. you're just looking for a reaction, shame on you for being so blatant and giving ecigs a bad name

and

2. how will we get the public educated if we hide it??

i think these threads should be accompanied by a poll w/ the above opinions, save people some typing.

:)

:lol: I agree.

If e-cigs were perfectly legal and sold everywhere without a ban of any sort looming, I wonder how many people would actually follow the "smoking ban" when vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread