Not open for further replies.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Katmar, classwife, jjordan.... Do you vape with nicotine still? My partner has MS, and I'd read a few things that hinted toward a little bit of nicotine (not from real cigarettes) has shown to help with the fatigue of MS.

I'm so sorry y'all are going through that. Its not fun

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Katmar, classwife, jjordan.... Do you vape with nicotine still? My partner has MS, and I'd read a few things that hinted toward a little bit of nicotine (not from real cigarettes) has shown to help with the fatigue of MS.

I'm so sorry y'all are going through that. Its not fun

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yes, I still vape with nicotine, although at a low dose, 6-8mg. Nothing I have tried has helped the fatigue.

catlady60

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Nazareth, PA
I have Type 2 Diabetes, major depression, and ADHD resulting from hypoxia before I was born. I smoked to self-medicate and now I'm self-medicating with a Smoktech ACE to supplement my prescribed meds. It's really hell to go through life in a disorganized fog, despite medication that helps. It's even worse when you're told you're making this all up to draw attention to yourself. Nothing could be further from the truth--the last thing I want is attention to myself!

I don't show any outward symptoms that require some device to help me with my everyday life, so people on the street assume there's nothing wrong with me. Whovever said "looks can be deceiving" deserves a medal.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I have had the early symptoms of Parkinson's for the past five years, my mother displayed severe symptoms in the last years of her life ...

So far the occasional tremors are possible to mask with certain physical mannerisms, very few people notice ...

The only time it causes me concern is when passing through US Customs from Mexico, which I do on almost a weekly basis. Its a stressful experience, and can trigger an episode. I learned that CBP agents are trained to respond with suspicion to any unusual body movements. When presenting them with my passport card, they would sometimes notice a slight hand tremor, and were instantly on alert, asking questions and causing delay ...

I would immediately declare that I have Parkinson's Disease, to avoid drama. Although a few agents have asked if its "contagious", or if I'm carrying any medication. Always looking for an opportunity to find wrongdoing ...

In the past year that I've been vaping, the symptoms have lessened noticeably. And right before I enter the Customs building, I chain vape high-nic juice outside in a concealed area. By the time I get to the booth, my hands are steady, and an unnecessary confrontation is avoided ...

Does nicotine releive symptoms of Parkinson's for me ? If not, its an amazing coincidence ... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread