buyer beward: the new vapor zeus batteries are flat out awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyBlanco

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
Jersey City
Some background here: I've been using strictly a vapor zeus setup for years. Since around the time they launched. I don't like tanks and the form factor is nice and simple. The cartomizers are expensive, I've had a handful of dud smileomizers, I've had some batteries die on me early but overall I've been satisfied. I've spent hundreds if not thousands on their stuff.

Last week one of the dual mode batteries I've had since my very first order kicked the bucket so I ordered a new auto zeus. The battery they sent me is kind of different than the older models. The piece that makes the connection to the cartomizer has a smaller surface area. I charged it up and immediately noticed it was harder to get it to kick on than the older one I had sitting right next to it. It died in about an hour or so whereas the older ones would last me all day. I charged it again and it just stopped working completely.

I figured it was just a dud and e-mailed v4l and to their credit they shipped me a new one for free the next day and I got it today. Only 3 days from the e-mail to my mailbox. Very nice. It's another new model and it has the same issue. It doesn't kick on easily and I'm sitting here puffing away with very little show for it. I'm using the new smileomizers so it's not some kind of compatibility issue. Barring me being really unlucky and getting bad luck twice in a row the new batteries just have a really bad design flaw and I'm shocked it got through r&d.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention. I'm going to reach out to our owner, Steve, and our product manager, Brian, and let them know about the exact issue you're experiencing. If it turns out to be a problem with a batch of the Zeuses, we want to take those off the shelves as soon as possible.

I know how I feel when I don't have a charged Zeus batt around, so I hate that you're having to deal with this.

I'm also sending you a PM about it.

Feel free to email me at lisamarie@vapor4life.com anytime.

--Lady Vapentine

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
I just ordered the zeus the other day and it will get here tomorrow. I hope mine is working ok, I haven't ordered from v4l in 4 years but wanted to get back into auto batts.
This is the first I've heard of any problems.

Please email me at lisamarie@vapor4life.com if anything comes up and we'll get it straightened out.

Reactions: subwayaznm

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
Some background here: I've been using strictly a vapor zeus setup for years. Since around the time they launched. I don't like tanks and the form factor is nice and simple. The cartomizers are expensive, I've had a handful of dud smileomizers, I've had some batteries die on me early but overall I've been satisfied. I've spent hundreds if not thousands on their stuff.

Last week one of the dual mode batteries I've had since my very first order kicked the bucket so I ordered a new auto zeus. The battery they sent me is kind of different than the older models. The piece that makes the connection to the cartomizer has a smaller surface area. I charged it up and immediately noticed it was harder to get it to kick on than the older one I had sitting right next to it. It died in about an hour or so whereas the older ones would last me all day. I charged it again and it just stopped working completely.

I figured it was just a dud and e-mailed v4l and to their credit they shipped me a new one for free the next day and I got it today. Only 3 days from the e-mail to my mailbox. Very nice. It's another new model and it has the same issue. It doesn't kick on easily and I'm sitting here puffing away with very little show for it. I'm using the new smileomizers so it's not some kind of compatibility issue. Barring me being really unlucky and getting bad luck twice in a row the new batteries just have a really bad design flaw and I'm shocked it got through r&d.

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
BennyBlanco

Hi buddy, I hired a CEO in 2014 to get my products into retail, so, in essence, he was my boss. Learned the biggest lesson in business life. He change the connection to spring loaded, adding about 1/2 inch in size, and resulting in more issues, especially with the dual mode battery's. I apologize for the inconvenience, and will always replace them immediately. This year I have worked on MY FULL PRODUCT LINE, to bring everything to 2016 SMILIN standards. Pease have faith that I truely care about my V4L family, and your rights to vape. Please reach out to Lisa, ladyvapentine, ASAP, and we will put a big ol SMILE ON YOUR FACE!!!!

Vape-on

Smilin

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
You always get with the source of your product prior to opening up a Thread on the Topic. Give them a chance privately to make it right, and nine times out of ten they will. Just a word to the nice. Just being polite. You would want the same if it were you:);)

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
I've been a huge fan of the dual-mode Zeus batteries. Yes I've had some that died early (usually reported & sorted out by V4L. I look forward to the renewed commitment to Smilin quality.
Heck yes! WE love you @katz-in-boots and we love all our Vapor4Life fam.

Smilin doesn't mess around! He's got your back! xoxoxooxoxoxox

Reactions: katz-in-boots

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
You always get with the source of your product prior to opening up a Thread on the Topic. Give them a chance privately to make it right, and nine times out of ten they will. Just a word to the nice. Just being polite. You would want the same if it were you:);)
We will always have our fam's back. No matter what :) I've never seen a man as obsessed with helping people stay off ciggies than Smilin. And that's not even an exaggeration. :p

Reactions: subwayaznm

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
As you are a relatively new member, it's a different concept with this company, they WANT you to make some noise so they can get right on the issue!
Years ago I would Skype with the qc director, in China, teaching him to use calipers so he could spot check cartomizers as they came off the line to fix a known issue. I've spent many an hour in chat with @SMILIN and his then second in charge discussing issues they needed to address!
Truly, this is a much different company than you are used to. They, at least used to, encourage these discussions to improve there product, then more than make it right with the customer!
I truly and honestly believe in smilin and his company, they offer a great line of products. Unfortunately I've outgrown them, but I still recommend them when I can and I know Smilin will stand behind them!
So while I get what you are saying/trying to do, Smilin has never been one for sweeping things under the rug!
Hopefully now that the other dbag is gone, they will continue forward with their old philosophy.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
As you are a relatively new member, it's a different concept with this company, they WANT you to make some noise so they can get right on the issue!
Years ago I would Skype with the qc director, in China, teaching him to use calipers so he could spot check cartomizers as they came off the line to fix a known issue. I've spent many an hour in chat with @SMILIN and his then second in charge discussing issues they needed to address!
Truly, this is a much different company than you are used to. They, at least used to, encourage these discussions to improve there product, then more than make it right with the customer!
I truly and honestly believe in smilin and his company, they offer a great line of products. Unfortunately I've outgrown them, but I still recommend them when I can and I know Smilin will stand behind them!
So while I get what you are saying/trying to do, Smilin has never been one for sweeping things under the rug!
Hopefully now that the other dbag is gone, they will continue forward with their old philosophy.
You said it right, @sawlight. I'm always on the lookout on the forum and the only way we can keep fixing the .... the other CEO messed up is to talk to our customers.

We are still here to help smokers and former smokers like only Smilin can.

@sawlight, we just got a ton of new mods and high-VG juices in too, so check 'em out. Alot of our fam is like me and they stick to the Vapor Zeus. Some of our fam move on to mods, and we still love 'em and try to give them what they need for their vaping pleasure! <3 <3

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
You said it right, @sawlight. I'm always on the lookout on the forum and the only way we can keep fixing the .... the other CEO messed up is to talk to our customers.

We are still here to help smokers and former smokers like only Smilin can.

@sawlight, we just got a ton of new mods and high-VG juices in too, so check 'em out. Alot of our fam is like me and they stick to the Vapor Zeus. Some of our fam move on to mods, and we still love 'em and try to give them what they need for their vaping pleasure! <3 <3
I'll certainly have a look, but where I'm at, if I can't replace the battery and rebuild the coil, I'm pretty much out!
Somewhere around here I still have a DAV auto and a Leaford lanyard! Yeah, find them lying around the shop, I dare ya!
As for juices, I'm old school, I'd find something I like then not be able to get it (out of stock) or something would be changed in the next batch! I'm VERY particular about my juices, now more than ever with the NET's I'm having to use.
So thank you and I will continue to support you guys as best I can.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
I'll certainly have a look, but where I'm at, if I can't replace the battery and rebuild the coil, I'm pretty much out!
Somewhere around here I still have a DAV auto and a Leaford lanyard! Yeah, find them lying around the shop, I dare ya!
As for juices, I'm old school, I'd find something I like then not be able to get it (out of stock) or something would be changed in the next batch! I'm VERY particular about my juices, now more than ever with the NET's I'm having to use.
So thank you and I will continue to support you guys as best I can.
Oooohh! We still have auto DAV, but the Leaford lanyard I've only heard about in vaping lore and in reading @SMILIN's old posts here on the forum. At least that's where I first heard of the legend of Leaford!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread