RDA Buying my first rebuildable atomizer soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

igloo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Idaho
I am going to make the purchase of a rebuildable atomizer, as soon as I get 20 posts to become a verified member. I was wondering what peoples inputs are. I was thinking of the Defcon mini by chopper71, I have also looked at the DID, and a couple others. I am hopping to get this as quick as I can which would limit my choices unless there is some lists that I can get on soon(when verified) so that I can add one of these bad boys to my arsenal. Thanks for all the input it is greatly appreciated.

keenanmcfar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2012
ottawa
The ratank from dfw vapor is a solid choice and u dont have to wait. They are available now. Id recommend ordering some different/ extra wick with it though. The wick it comes with sucks. Mesh will do the trick nicely.
The did, as i understand is also available right now. I dont know the website for that one though

Zenataos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
British Columbia, Canada
+1 for the DID

It's my first genesis style atty and it's AMAZING! No use for cartos anymore, will be selling them all on the classifieds.

Also, the DID is able to be purchased from an actual website, no forum waiting lists and no scouring the classified adds here.

I've noticed most rebuildables that come up on the classifieds here are over $100, the DID is only $100 brand new lol.

Paulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Florida
I belong to another forum with about 1/2 of the peeps being from the UK. Many of them have tried this new vH rebuildable atomizer and are absolutely loving it. Unfortunately, you can only get it from the UK right now, but it is only about $22.00. There is one member on that forum that has a Mark T rebuildable and likes this VH better than the Mark T -- which is amazing to me. They offer two versions of the VH -- one for tanks and for direct dipping. You can find it here: http://vapourhut.com/

I ordered one and it should be here any day now!

If you want to check out what these peeps are saying about it -- just click on The Vapers Den below.

Dominicanto

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2012
New York City
If you got the cash (and assuming they're not sold out), I'd gun for the GG Penelope. IMHO, easy to rebuild with no tools and the thing feels like a hunk of quality steel, which it is. GG folks may come off a bit over-zealous (I personally still love my under $8 510 atties from VapeNY so whatever works), but don't let the zealotry turn you off.

The Phoenix also looks pretty good and Mountan Oak Vapors has them for the ridiculous price of $15 so give that a look if only to get your feet wet and experiment.

Good luck.

Dominicanto

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2012
New York City
+1 on the Nova- in my opinion it's only really good AFTER a rebuild so I agree that it's a good start for cheap. A little small to work with, but not all that bad. The overall design is really nice and looks good on just about any PV. And, should any of the small gaskets and suck on the coil heads give out, it's only 3 or 4 bucks to replace.

Bozothecat

Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Uk
The Penelope is in stock at Clouds of Vapor (Welcome to Clouds Of Vapor). I have two of them and like them very much. They are $122 but are worth it IMHO. It is made of stainless steel but is still relatively light.

I'm after a repairable tank system but live in the uk any advise would be much appreciated.

MikeA5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Methuen, MA
I'm after a repairable tank system but live in the uk any advise would be much appreciated.

There's the DID (e-vape.gr). It's a Genisis style tank repairable atomizer.
It uses stainless steel mesh as the wick. I own one and it's pretty good at a reasonable price (~$100 dollars)

and there is the Chalice (Mark Bugs) it can use silica wick and I think you can use a stainless steel mesh as a wick. I've got one on order. It goes for $150 dollars.

I noticed the Penelope is now out of stock at Clouds of Vapor.
There's others that are for sale in the UK. I would recomend looking at a few video reviews on YouTube by "igetha69". He has some good reviews on rebuildable atomizers and he's from the UK.

Good luck.

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The ratank from dfw vapor is a solid choice and u dont have to wait. They are available now. Id recommend ordering some different/ extra wick with it though. The wick it comes with sucks. Mesh will do the trick nicely.
The did, as i understand is also available right now. I dont know the website for that one though
Where did you get your RA tank wick and what kind? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread