Buying new hardware for max flavor, suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC17

Sep 5, 2016
Canada, Quebec
I'll try to keep this one short, no promises!
I marked the main question in bold for quick/clear reading
and my links are underlined, sorry if it bothers you!

I posted a thread about my experience so far and came to the conclusion that my vaporfi gear is just not good enough. I used the vSix, the vShock and the Viper tanks with the Vox 60w TC mod.

I need something that will give me the most flavor out of any ejuice.
Now I understand asking for the "best" gear is highly subjective so I want to ask you guys,
What's the gear you've tried and which one gave you the best flavor?

I assume dripping is the way to go and i'm willing to stray away from tanks if it means getting more flavor. I would prefer not having to make my own coils/atomizer if it can be avoided without sacrificing flavor, and also because I have no idea how anything works, although i'm willing to learn.

I will most likely ask follow-up questions once I get some info!
They'll probably be something along the lines of:
Is my mod compatible with that gear or do I have to buy a new mod too?
What's the kind of atomizer you prefer, Kanthal? 0.2ohm? Something else?

Last edited:

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
While you say you want to avoid rebuildables, I would advise you to get comfortable with the idea of getting your feet wet. It's really not that bad. There are many threads in a rebuildable and wick/wire section here on ECF to help you become acquainted. I suggest 28ga SS 316L wire and Rayon wick, but others may say different. YMMV

With that said, many flavor chasers use RDAs and RBA tanks that have smaller chambers. The small chamber helps keep the flavor molecules condensed. Bigger airflow allows for bigger clouds and dilutes the flavor with plain old air. Many will agree that variable airflow is paramount to dialing in your satisfaction.

A lot of flavor chasers prefer a bottomfeed (BF) mod to avoid having to drip. A bottomfeed mod, such as the REO or many others, allows the user to "squonk" fresh liquid up through the modified or BF-specific atomizer base from an onboard refillable liquid bottle. This allows for fresh liquid on demand every puff. Who wants to be fumbling around with a separate bottle, trying to put exactly 3-5 drops into a hole the size of a pencil while driving/in the dark/typing on a keyboard/talking on the phone/cooking dinner/ etc???

Other variables to consider are PG/VG mix. PG carries flavor better but produces throat hit sensation and little visible vapor, whereas VG produces the most vapor. High VG liquids do exist, though, with higher percentage of flavoring to compensate and offer thick, flavorful clouds.

There are infinite variables in vaping, and it is each vaper's rite of passage to find what works best for him or her. I hope I have helped a little and that you find what works best for you! Good luck.

JMC17

Sep 5, 2016
Canada, Quebec
There are infinite variables in vaping, and it is each vaper's rite of passage to find what works best for him or her. I hope I have helped a little and that you find what works best for you! Good luck.

Thanks! I definitely want to avoid tanks since I feel like my hardware have plenty of air/juice flows that you can "dial" in and still doesn't produce great taste for me. As for the smaller tank, perhaps that would help but I don't think it really can make the difference between a tasteless juice and what everyone else is getting flavor-wise.

But if someone would say that he has tried a few dripping hardware and has a tank that is very close to what you would get out of dripping, then I might be convinced!
On the other hand, I want to give myself the best chance possible and dripping seems to be the consensus.

The on-board refillable bottle sounds very interesting, that is the first time I hear about it!
Also, thanks for the rebuildables advice, it's probably where I will end up.
I guess I don't mind building my own stuff, I just thought if I could get the same flavor/quality with non-rebuildable ones then why not going that way. It's already way cheaper than anything i've dealt with so far.. Spent about 700$ on stuff i'm not happy with.

My favorite blend is 70%PG/30%VG as I noticed higher VG just doesn't carry the flavor well.
I'm sorry if I didn't give you guys enough information, I already wrote extensively with details in my previous thread so I felt like everyone already knew about those things, my bad!

In short, I purchased a lot of eliquids and most of them didn't taste much until I bought ejuice from Evaperated and Vaporfi. At that point I realized how fantastic flavors can be so I decided to get into DIY so I could come up with my own tasty mixes (and save a lot of money). I thoroughly tested all kinds of blends/flavors and percentages but everything was tasteless.
I tried the ejuices I purchased and loved and they still taste fantastic, even with the same tank and atomizer.

I couldn't figure out what was wrong and after doing all the tests that I could think of, I decided that my hardware had to be the culprit.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
My favorite tank for flavor is the Uwell Crown tank...I didn't think it was possible to bring out all the good (and strong) flavors of my favorite juices but this tank sure does the trick. It just brings out the best in all my juices. You can't go wrong with this one. I hesitate to say how many of them (in black and stainless) I've got. :)

JMC17

Sep 5, 2016
Canada, Quebec
My favorite tank for flavor is the Uwell Crown tank...I didn't think it was possible to bring out all the good (and strong) flavors of my favorite juices but this tank sure does the trick. It just brings out the best in all my juices. You can't go wrong with this one. I hesitate to say how many of them (in black and stainless) I've got. :)

Wow thanks! I looked it up and read some threads about the tank and everyone seems to love it.
Most people seemed to use it at 70w to 80w and my mod goes only to 60w so I might be looking for a new mod too. I like the idea of pre-built atomizers so right now, I might very well get a Uwell Crown tank! I couldn't really figure out what I needed for dripping and the whole multimeter thing kinda made me nervous. Plus I think I really like tanks :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread