• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Buying Nicotine e-liquids or ingredients to make own in New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellivioze

Apr 11, 2016
New Zealand
So I live in New Zealand, Really want to quit smoking and I have tried the gum and the patches before but never really lasted. The longest I've gone without a cigarette and started up again because I missed it. I enjoy it, the whol hand to mouth movement with inhaling and so on.

So I've always wanted to try an e-cigarette but it I just didn't like the cost of getting set up. But recently, I bought a cheap one online with a few liquids and should be arriving in a week or two. I plan on buying a better one when I decide whether this is for me or not.

So the problem in New Zealand is that it is illegal for businesses to import e-liquids containing nicotine for commercial use. So people have to find their own source from overseas. Now I've found 1 or 2 sites that do them pretty cheap with decent shipping costs but Im limited in brands and flavours and was wondering if someone could help me get more sources of where to buy my nicotine e-liquids from. A few of the sites I've found have huge shipping costs which pretty much take away the cost saving aspect of switching from smoking to vaping.

Also, I'd like to make my own in the future and was wondering where the cheapest place to buy my VG, PG and nicotine from (Remember that Im buying in New Zealand).

hellivioze

Apr 11, 2016
New Zealand
Do your self a favor and just buy some pre mixed stuff from MBV, ITC ect its cheap and easy and then if you like vaping.. then think about making your own stuff.... for the record dont expect to save yourself much money I know some people do but i haven't and lots dont...

Cheap and easy? I won't be saving any money at all buying from those places. Not when a 15ml bottle from each of those places is going to cost me $30 in my currency. I guess I'll just have to stick with the cheap brands then.

Also, as I said, didn't plan on making my own straight away

hellivioze

Apr 11, 2016
New Zealand
Well....
www.purenature.co.nz

PG , VG both USP grade...

Plus some extracts that might be worth a shot .... wouldn't go for the essential oils..oil based flavours are a bad idea for vaping. the plant extract... vg based, but probably too 'thin' for vaping purposes... but worth a try...

Thank you very much

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
You welcome :)

Leaves you with sourcing a decent nic base from out-country...

And if cutting down expenses ranks high on your list, you will be looking at DIY sooner rather than later.
Especially when you're getting to like some of the sub-ohm vaporizers.
They're nice, but they're also juice hogs of the first order.

DIY, rebuildable attys, mods with exchangeable batteries and you'll be coming out ahead financially. Even in places where some of the stuff is harder to come by.

Of course, you owe it to yourself that your first shot at DIY should be kiwi flavour ;)

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
Cheap and easy? I won't be saving any money at all buying from those places. Not when a 15ml bottle from each of those places is going to cost me $30 in my currency. I guess I'll just have to stick with the cheap brands then.

Also, as I said, didn't plan on making my own straight away

Sorry man i missed the point when 5USD = 30NZD thats rough

hellivioze

Apr 11, 2016
New Zealand
I get my nic from Nicotine & Mixing Supplies

They have New Zealand in the drop down list for shipping estimate, but I don't have all of your info to see the cost.

Thank you heaps. Have put it in my bookmarks.

Good price, good shipping cost.

Will probably end up making my own liquids sooner than I thought

Reactions: mmsjs5

dandaniels

Apr 19, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Not a topic for discussion on ECF.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread