• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Buying PG/VG in Japan (Pharmacies, elsewhere ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamede

Sep 13, 2013
Japan
Hey guys (and gals, if any ;-) ),

Been wondering if anyone has ever been able to buy pure PG and/or VG (no nic, of course) in Japan ?

If so, where and what price did you find it?

That'd be great, as I'm starting to DIY (well, DIMyself actually!) and would like to avoid paying through the nose for something that may be bought locally at a cheap price...

Thanks for any help.

Yamede

Sep 13, 2013
Japan
Thanks fsr20det.

For PG, I found this : 武井薬局(The New DrugStore) / プロピレングリコール(局方) 500ML but did not order.

It's still a bit pricey, though... compared to retail prices in pharmacies in other countries... I yet have to try & go to a B&M pharmacy and ask them... No time so far. Maybe tomorrow or over the weekend, though.

what are you planning to do about flavoring?

I order concentrate flavors from abroad: a french website selling T-juice concentrates (Red Astaire, Afro'Dizziac, Hermano Rubio...) kindly offered me reduced shipping fees) and with a few 10 ml bottles, I have enough for a few months...

I'll let you know the results of my next pharmacy visit...

Meanwhile, if anyone else has interesting leads... keep'em coming! :D

Yamede

Sep 13, 2013
Japan
- VG : couldn't on Amazon... would you have a link, by any chance?
- PG: see my post above. Not that cheap though...
- DYI : I'll order neutral liquid @ 30 mg nic from Fasttech (new "pilot" liquids - $7,60 for 30 ml), dilute with PG & VG (I vape between 4 & 6 mg/ml) and throw some concentrate in there for the taste. It's a bit complicated (sourced from 3 different places), but couldn't find easier / cheaper if I want to vape my fave flavors (Red Astaire, Afrodizziac etc).

Otherwise, FT carries 100 ml Ruyan 4 from Hangsen for about $12, which is one all day vape and quite reasonable price, but I need variety...

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
Amazon.co.jp

still pretty pricey.
Dont buy fasttech juice. Mass produced.

At least buy from a reputable dealer.

Killer juice sells some nic base.... you can buy, 120 ml for like 8 dollars... 24 mg, buy all PG, and then dilute with VG and flavor to get 6 mg.... and there you go. Can also buy flavors from them.

and fast shipping. 7 days usually.

Although shipping is a bit of a bi*ch

Yamede

Sep 13, 2013
Japan
Thanks for the tip on Killer Juice, mate. I think I'll order that and dilute. It's indeed probably better than FT's unknown juices! :D

Yesterday also I found myfreedomsmokes.com: they sell 125ml @ 24 mg (choose 100PG, 50/50, 100 VG) for $8 but + $16.75 for shipping ! :(

And One Good News today: I could find Glycerin P (=Pure VG) at the local drugstore (Rindo)!
I asked the pharmacy inside and they actually showed me the product, sold between Pure Alcohol and Purified Water, in the alleys LOL.
It costs JPY 1,000 for 500 ml or JPY 460 for 100 ml. Attached is a pic for those interested.

I'll buy a 100 ml bottle to try the taste first. If it's neutral (not too sweet or bad taste), I'll take a large one and dilute the 24 mg nic into 6 mg.

My calculation goes as follow:
125 ml PG @ 24 mg (USD 22)
500 ml VG @ 0 mg (JPY 1000 > $10ish)
------------
625 ml @ 4.8 mg/ml => roughly $ 0.5 per 10 ml for the base...

+ the cost of concentrate flavor (the most expensive is USD 6 for 10 ml concentrate and gives 100 ml of vapable e-liquid) = roughly USD 1.00 per 10 ml.

Any thoughts, feel free to share.

Attachments

• VG - Front.jpg
    VG - Front.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 90
  • VG - back.jpg
    VG - back.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 80

Mescaline

Moved On
Feb 9, 2015
Tokyo
And One Good News today: I could find Glycerin P (=Pure VG) at the local drugstore (Rindo)!
I asked the pharmacy inside and they actually showed me the product, sold between Pure Alcohol and Purified Water, in the alleys LOL.
It costs JPY 1,000 for 500 ml or JPY 460 for 100 ml. Attached is a pic for those interested.

I'll buy a 100 ml bottle to try the taste first. If it's neutral (not too sweet or bad taste), I'll take a large one and dilute the 24 mg nic into 6 mg.

Any thoughts, feel free to share.

That Glycerine is NOT good to vape !
You have to find glycerine at 99% or advertized as "Pure" Glycerine.
The one you find is clearly showing 84-87%.
This is not the food grade standard for Glycerine then its even worst to vape it with that grade.

Any Glycerine (Vegetal or Animal) will be the same molecule, and will have the exact same taste.

If you find other glycerin in japan cheaper than the 1000Yen/200ml linked above please tell us.

Last edited:

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Actually I have quite a bit of juice from FastTech (Dekang, hangsen, and liqua, although they don't carry the liqua any more). And it's not bad at all. They only have simple flavors but for me, they taste true to what they're supposed to be. The only one I didn't like was the Dekang Vanilla (tasted like peanuts to me). Worth trying, IMHO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread