Status
Not open for further replies.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
How did I get so out of the loop? Newly shaped vent holes? Will this effect the veneering process? IS there still a veneering process? Are there pics or drawings or something? Inquiring minds NEED to know!

LOL I do have drawings Mist , I will still sell the original design for the time being so no big deal IMO

Vvpv is a stacked design, but absolutely not a tube mod, from a gross perspective it would be called a box mod. It doesn't have a possible pressure cylinder. The battery compartment is open at the top and bottom to the bottle compartment, there is a very obvious lateral vent path.

Nope VVPV is considered a BOX mod so not in the CATEGORY

tsbman

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
utah
Oh BTW I will have tubes DONE when I get back from my trade show , my machine shop will cut them while I am gone ,. They will be a bit more ( not sure how much , I still dont have a cost from him yet ! )

Ok. SO I don't know much yet about vv tube mods, but here goes. It seems to that price wise you are getting close to stepping into Proi Vari territory. Which also looks like a nice mod to me AND holds a single battery. But it seems way click and fiddley for me. I can see its place though. Although price is not why I bought a BP, I do love it. Would be very ...... if it died on me. Like the ease of adjustment. Safety was never a concern for me. Haven't looked at the pro vari much, but I have considered it. I know I will buy another vv mod and it will probably be a pro vari just to see what it is all about. That not withstanding I have no squabble or problem with the buzz pro. I simply just dig it. And even after the Pro Vari I would STILL buy another BP or an IP from Mike. I believe in this product that much.

On a side note. I have seen that the PV comes in a kit with a set price. I know that Mike has lots of options, which I am SO thankful for; I wonder if he might gain an edge by offering a basic start-up kit which would be comparable to the PV's with the option of adding extras to be competitive. the thing here is that the PV uses one battery and the BP and IP do not.

Just my:2c: offered in good faith.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I've checked configuration prices multiple times. You need to go 18650/extender with one of them to reach the run time of the other. At that point it then becomes subjective relative to preferred features (higher total w vs higher v though less watts, a no lcd simple interface vs. lcd with different capabilities, weight, etc.).

Pricing both with initial batteries/charger, second pack of batteries, standard discounts, and the 18650/extender for the one make, I keep coming up with bp the winner on price, by a healthy amount. I expect the other make will end up having an increase, too, when they come up with a design that meets ecf standard, nature of the beast.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Mark has hit it on the head again ! the ProV is a more expensive device over all for the same battery run time , it is a single battery design and that has its place not doubt .
Our efficiency is MUCH higher when it comes to current saving that is why we can use suck small batteries .

They will have to increase their price as well , basically the whole market will for a time being , machining slots costs $ no way around it.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Plus side, Rolygate said that if a PV is compliant they won't pull the designation if/when the spec changes (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...cification-metal-tube-mods-8.html#post5474883) Even though I'm just a user, I'm curious as to how things evolve. The thread is a public one, as opposed to whatever is going on in the supplier private region.

While the standard-battery PV tubes are getting the attention, with bigger battery "proprietary" PV, like the eGo clones, coming out they are running into interesting events. There was a fresh post today about an eGo clone going into roman candle/flare mode while on a charger (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...928-my-husbands-ego-exploded.html#post5478955). Bigger batteries, more total energy, are coming out across the board, compared to what was out a couple years ago.

Pay a couple $ more and get an actual engineered PV, with designed-in safety features...

Last edited:

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Plus side, Rolygate said that if a PV is compliant they won't pull the designation if/when the spec changes (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...cification-metal-tube-mods-8.html#post5474883) Even though I'm just a user, I'm curious as to how things evolve. The thread is a public one, as opposed to whatever is going on in the supplier private region.

While the standard-battery PV tubes are getting the attention, with bigger battery "proprietary" PV, like the eGo clones, coming out they are running into interesting events. There was a fresh post today about an eGo clone going into roman candle/flare mode while on a charger (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...928-my-husbands-ego-exploded.html#post5478955). Bigger batteries, more total energy, are coming out across the board, compared to what was out a couple years ago.

Pay a couple $ more and get an actual engineered PV, with designed-in safety features...

I just asked Roly about this blowing up EGO batts issue and WHY they are NOT included in the specs ???

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
I guess the "ego types will vent out the bottom cap" mantra better change to "unless they launch an atty". That 900 mAh unit was moving the full mass of the battery when it blew the PV off of the top connector; if a user had it in their hand, the atty would have come off very fast (conservation of energy, moving the smaller mass).

This stuff I find spooky. Get a cheapie PV with a poorly fit atty connector, and that's an accident waiting to happen. Little PVs don't have so much total energy, but the bigger fat batt units have plenty of oomph.

(and I do mean "ego types", this is certainly not directed at egos, just at the fat battery PVs as a group)

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
Cool :) I figured the same.......that the IPro was FINE. :) It is good hearing it from you though :) In a video I did I even held up the Ipro to show how my husband put holes in another mod.........to make it like the IPro. :)
Jen it is FINE ! ECF has stirred up a storm because of all of the OTHER mods that have NO safety features , the only thing we had to do to " comply " was to increase the holes into slots , this really does not effect your device in any way IMO , we have always had a 100 % SAFE record with our devices .

I will be fighting this BS for the next 4 years
Not your fault , it is the perception ECF has made available to the masses with not really thinking it through IMO.

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
Mist,

I could be completely wrong here, but I believe it's because the IPro uses protected batteries already. Otherwise I think Mike will be redoing the IP next to comply with safety issues as per ECF? He had to start somewhere, and the BP with it's unprotected batteries was it.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on this one guys!

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
I'm confused. Why is the Buzz Pro subject to this safety "make over" but the I-Pro is fine as is? Isn't the venting exactly the same? Three little holes at the bottom, two stacked batts. Seems the same to me.

It IS subject to the change we just have not done it yet , 1 at a time for now.
I am not sure how much effect this is really going to have to be honest with you , it all depends on what ECF does in June really .

It appears the damage has already been done to series battery mods , every body is now totally afraid by the posts that were made , just ask around .

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
If things are quiet for a month or two, I wonder if momentum will still keep up, or if it will kind of go away from people's minds, like the nic issue last year. I know some people are keeping an eye on things, but overall it has kind of faded into the background.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
If things are quiet for a month or two, I wonder if momentum will still keep up, or if it will kind of go away from people's minds, like the nic issue last year. I know some people are keeping an eye on things, but overall it has kind of faded into the background.

It will be an uphill battle thats for sure , I hope that the designation of " ECF SAFE " will help over time .

I have some things on the back burner that I am looking into for the future just in case it does not .

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
I'm thinking this one may have legs, if only due to the stock proprietary PVs. Back in 2010 the 650 and 750 mAh were pretty much it for fat batt stock. Now 900, 1100, 1300 are common, and in that market space absolute lowest price is where it's at, which means more opportunities for problems, as well as a wider, and expanding, user base.

This might be a hassle now, yet overall a positive boost for the engineered PV segment.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I really appreciate that Buzz is sticking with this. Makes me even more confident in his product. Anyone reading thru all this will see that he does have a real concern for his customers saftey that use these pv's. A pib for now for sure, but I think that in the long run, it will pay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread