Status
Not open for further replies.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Anyway, we digress! Back on the By-Ka. Had it for a week or so now. Rewicked a couple of times and vape was good but not great and clearly suffering from me not wicking it properly. Anyway, just took the deck out (juice still in - cheers Stan!) and just poked the wick through the wick holes. Hardly touched it. Put it back together and a little improvement. Screwed down the JF again, refilled, unscrew and BAM. Suddenly and for no apparent reason, the vape is nothing less than epic! Absolutely love this atty!!!!!! Wow.

Note to self - don't be lazy with wicking (as if I didn't know that already).

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I can see the point for the dripper but I would like to see someone put a build in a heron and fire it at 100W...
...actually I really wouldn't like to see that on reflection :shock:
Very true...I kind of was thinking back to the dripper I sold... but good point, why would someone like ultem for an rta? Your right, you really can't vape them to really hi power anyways. So maybe some flat out like the looks?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I can't decide which deck. 1.7 or 2.3. I reduce anything with 3mm to 2 mm with ptfe. I use mm I'd coils but often use Clapton wire now which probably pushes od to 2.3

The Gus phenomenon lite is not enough air flow. @qorax do you know if the Gus is 1.7 or less? If it is I want 2.3

I also need to find a way to see pictures in here if he nano with the three different tanks. I'm leaning to the combi tank but I need pics and the stupid hotel wifi is SOOO slow.

I vape the gem wide open. Soheroid wide open mostly. Heron reduced to 2mm with ptfe and wide open. As mentioned Gus phenomenon lite doesn't have enough air. Taifun gt2 with ptfe reducer wide open. Pico wide open.

Density suffers if you go with bigger air intake then close the afc ring. So it's better tk get the air intake right.

Hence the 3mm tanks reduced to 2mm with ptfe and used wide open cs just closing air flow.

I don't believe ptfe is available in 2.3 to 2mm or 1.7 mm id

I prefer 2mm id coils but with the new mtl Clapton wire in using the od is 3mm. So I'm rethinking my 1.7 knee jerk choice.

@qorax is probably the only one here who has tried both. So can you maybe offer guidance or comparisons to Anahi t I listed. The big thing is he phenomenon lite bit habit. Enough air. Maybe it only has 1.2mm or something. Whatever it is. Not enough. I don't want to windup feeling the same about the byKa and not be able to get s repel replacement due to shipping costs being unjustifiable for such an inexpensive item.

I appreciate the guidance on the air flow tk choose. And jf engine Can post the three nano tank pics in one post so j can skip browsing every page. Appreciate it considering the terrible wifi.m

Also. The nano tank. Why would the sll metal be less expensive than the combi? Is the all metal a single piece? Can we buy center pc tank part - it's not o the piece sheet I have. They should offer multiple colors. Delrin center in anything but God awful yellow.

I can see the point for the dripper but I would like to see someone put a build in a heron and fire it at 100W...
...actually I really wouldn't like to see that on reflection :shock:

First. Which airflow did you get on the v6 byKa?

Regarding the high temp. You'd need he stainless because :

Considering the ultra low melting point of delrin in shocked by so many people using it for high heat. Again great for anti tank cracking juices and drop protection. But half the melting point of peek. Skid it's best s coil. I'm not interested as j don't wish to vape plastic

Also @qorax I was finally able to watch your video. Very good. Thanks. With all the options you had jt keyed have been s nice close for you to cycle a few second on each still shot of the options together.

Nano with three tanks. Alternating drip tips. Full mode same thing. I don't see on their distend side by side by half of it won't load for me

You didn't great job as always. Thanks buddy.

Last edited:
Reactions: qorax

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I can't decide which deck. 1.7 or 2.3. I reduce anything with 3mm to 2 mm with ptfe. I use mm I'd coils but often use Clapton wire now which probably pushes od to 2.3

The Gus phenomenon lite is not enough air flow. @qorax do you know if the Gus is 1.7 or less? If it is I want 2.3

I also need to find a way to see pictures in here if he nano with the three different tanks. I'm leaning to the combi tank but I need pics and the stupid hotel wifi is SOOO slow.

I vape the gem wide open. Soheroid wide open mostly. Heron reduced to 2mm with ptfe and wide open. As mentioned Gus phenomenon lite doesn't have enough air. Taifun gt2 with ptfe reducer wide open. Pico wide open.

Density suffers if you go with bigger air intake then close the afc ring. So it's better tk get the air intake right.

Hence the 3mm tanks reduced to 2mm with ptfe and used wide open cs just closing air flow.

I don't believe ptfe is available in 2.3 to 2mm or 1.7 mm id

I prefer 2mm id coils but with the new mtl Clapton wire in using the od is 3mm. So I'm rethinking my 1.7 knee jerk choice.

@qorax is probably the only one here who has tried both. So can you maybe offer guidance or comparisons to Anahi t I listed. The big thing is he phenomenon lite bit habit. Enough air. Maybe it only has 1.2mm or something. Whatever it is. Not enough. I don't want to windup feeling the same about the byKa and not be able to get s repel replacement due to shipping costs being unjustifiable for such an inexpensive item.

I appreciate the guidance on the air flow tk choose. And jf engine Can post the three nano tank pics in one post so j can skip browsing every page. Appreciate it considering the terrible wifi.m

Also. The nano tank. Why would the sll metal be less expensive than the combi? Is the all metal a single piece? Can we buy center pc tank part - it's not o the piece sheet I have. They should offer multiple colors. Delrin center in anything but God awful yellow.

First. Which airflow did you get on the v6 byKa?

Regarding the high temp. You'd need he stainless because :

Considering the ultra low melting point of delrin in shocked by so many people using it for high heat. Again great for anti tank cracking juices and drop protection. But half the melting point of peek. Skid it's best s coil. I'm not interested as j don't wish to vape plastic

Also @qorax I was finally able to watch your video. Very good. Thanks. With all the options you had jt keyed have been s nice close for you to cycle a few second on each still shot of the options together.

Nano with three tanks. Alternating drip tips. Full mode same thing. I don't see on their distend side by side by half of it won't load for me

You didn't great job as always. Thanks buddy.
Phenomenon Lite has two airholes in the deck, under the coil. Each 1mm. While the Phenomenon Momentous has the same two - but they are 1.2mm each. But the Momentous also has a different design inside the base, under the coil. It has a 'cup' shaped air junction rather than a square cut hollow of the Lite. Thus the Momentous is a better designed airflow system.

For both the atties Gus also gives two chimney options, Flavor and Extreme. The flavor chimney is 1.5mm and the extreme is 2mm. Between the two, alongwith the two different decks - one can easily find a satisfying draw of pure MTL to restricted direct lung.

With the ByKA -- if you seriously are only a MTL vaper - you don't need the 2.3mm deck at all. The 1.7mm deck will satisfy you. Along with the 5 external airholes (AFC) you can easily fine tune your MTL draws, including a tight direct lung as well.

But IMO, 2.3mm deck is future proof. That is to say, if you tend to gradually migrate to direct lung hits (like it happened with me in 2014) - you are covered. The 2.3mm deck, coupled with the AFC set to just 1 hole can give you a slightly open MTL. But go all the way open - and you can do direct lungs. Plus anything in between. It's 3mm deck is 'unsuitable' for anything lower than a RDA type of clouding draw.

Hope that clears things a bit for you sir.

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
That's a deal breaker for me (along with the having to jump through hoops to order it thing)
That does look quite interesting, however when you make it difficult to order??? If you have problems with the product it's more difficult to get help. But interesting and very flexible for the price

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
That does look quite interesting, however when you make it difficult to order??? If you have problems with the product it's more difficult to get help. But interesting and very flexible for the price
Difficult to order? Not that much, but yes it is. Most of the quality gears of ours come from abroad - and many from no-website modders ~ so we are used to it, aren't we? With vaping it is wise to have a FB a/c. And with their FB Order Form - things are pretty easy fetching the ByKA.

Difficult to get help? Again, since most of our quality gears come from far abroad - and many from non-English (or restricted English) modders, we are pretty much used to this handicap. Remember also that most of the modders are family business with just two or three men operation/s. So, with vaping, most of are are used to this hindrance as well.

Problem with the product? Returning things is never an easy task. Hits us both ways - time & costs. As such it is always wise to do our own research and then buy a product. Forum discussions and reviews thus help. This atty is good - the reason why I made this thread as well as the two videos. I, and other users, can guide you to what combo you need to buy ~ but if you get a dud (tho very unlikely) you'd have to live with it. Yes, customer service will be a problem, especially with eastern EU sellers. Distance and English, both will play spoilsport.

But let me tell you this, I have done the research (over many forums, including in the EU), and have not found one incidence where a buyer had received a useless ByKA.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I ordered by email and no problems at all. Looking at the build quality, you would be unlucky to get a defective one and they are a beautifully simple design that should last a long time with care!

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
Id like to go to pm with you or the GP thread to discuss aspects of the heron and wicking. I do agree it's a complete pain. I almost always have to rewick multiple times to get it right and for that resin fluff is better. But snnying to use and less flavorful than a chimney cap. It's extremely frustrating that aspect of the heron v2 design was not more like the soheroid I would have given up the rotating cap for better wicking method and no gaps. Howl fully they remedy this with the v3. Though I can't afford to buy another hnp and won't get s tank only until it's available with non metal that isn't black or yellow. Untenable is just ugly. From pillar to post. Though obviously functional.

Is there room in the by-KA for s 26 gauge build (28/36 Clapton wire build) of 6-8 wraps and how does the Tank do with builds generating s fair bit of heat. Does it transfer that heat ?

The build in the heron I just posted in the GP thread and the wicking accompanying it may be of real interest to you if you like to wick thick (as do I) and like s dense "moist" vape. Good description makes me more curious.

What's he throat hit like compared to others? I find lately s lot of new tanks have incredibly harsh hits. With the same juice as others which are much smoother.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been distracted lately.

Yeah I'll be curious to see the v3 too. The only thing I disliked on the v2 was the chamber caps.

After seeing mention of the clapton wire from lightning vapes I actually went and bought some! The 28k/36k is amazing and I love it, the 28ss/36k I'm not sure of yet.
The resistance on that wire is great too, it's nice to have clapton wire that heats near instant yet easily hits 1 ohm without a billion wraps. :)

I've had 2.5mm builds with that wire fit nicely (a 3mm would be a struggle). 2mm at 6 or 7 wraps seems to be the sweet spot though for me.
8 wraps would fit too, but above that I'm not sure, the width of the clapton might choke the wick at the bend.

I've never found the throat hit to be harsh on the By-KA. Menthols can get quite intense though. lol

Dudditz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Wisconsin
My BY-KA finally arrives tomorrow, can't wait. I ended up going with the tight-drag setup 1,7 as I only vape mtl, got some extras as well including the 2-part drip tip and combo-tank. Those who use the 1,7 setup what is your favorite coil setup? I was planning to try a nife48 tc 2.5mm 27 or 28g which is my standard coil in the Gem.

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
My BY-KA finally arrives tomorrow, can't wait. I ended up going with the tight-drag setup 1,7 as I only vape mtl, got some extras as well including the 2-part drip tip and combo-tank. Those who use the 1,7 setup what is your favorite coil setup? I was planning to try a nife48 tc 2mm 27 or 28mm coils in this which is my standard coil in the Gem.
running a 27g NiFe48 around 2.5mm bit. I think around 7-8 wraps. Very nice!!!!!

blue_gr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2011
Athens,Hellas
I receive byka today! Nano mode flavor chimney and 1.7mm deck airflow. I make a coil after cleaning 0.7ohm/0.36mm/2.5mm/4-5wraps cotton bacon in and bam [emoji297] [emoji297] [emoji297]!!!
Flavor flavor and thick clouds even with 1.7
Qorax thanks for your prompt to buy this atomizer im very satisfied even at first coil setup.
This thing rock's and deserve a better place in vaping community

Vape is enjoyment!! Let me Vape

blue_gr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2011
Athens,Hellas
6e2176a219fa00db6ae985f5c17b4f6f.jpg

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I receive byka today! Nano mode flavor chimney and 1.7mm deck airflow. I make a coil after cleaning 0.7ohm/0.36mm/2.5mm/4-5wraps cotton bacon in and bam [emoji297] [emoji297] [emoji297]!!!
Flavor flavor and thick clouds even with 1.7
Qorax thanks for your prompt to buy this atomizer im very satisfied even at first coil setup.
This thing rock's and deserve a better place in vaping community
Congrats and thank you my friend!
And wow, that setup looks amazing :)

Reactions: blue_gr

Dudditz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Wisconsin
I received mine today and its a beautiful tank, very well made. Been vaping my first build for about 30 mins and so far so good, fabulous flavor and vapor. 2.5, 27mm nife48 TC working perfect. Looking forward to trying some different coils in this.

One question I have, is it correct in that the 1,7 chimney does now work with standard tips or am I somehow doing something wrong and it does? Was hoping to use a slight shorter, thinner, metal tip however as far as I can tell I am stuck using this threaded clear tip?

Last edited:

Dudditz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Wisconsin
Okay, I figured out the issue, it looks like the 2 part demountable combination tip bottom half is screwed into the tip socket and the fit is so good it appeared to be a single peace however after reviewing photos it was obvious this is not part of the stock chimney. With some gripping tools I was able to finally unscrew the bottom half of this upgrade tip and now can use standard tips. I am blown away at the vape this provides with the 1,7 chimney and one air hole exposed. Might be the best MTL tank I have used or right up there with the best of them. Time will tell however so far I am very impressed.

Dudditz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Wisconsin
With 1.7 i think is unbeatable!!! Best MTL rta...my opinion!

I totally agree, had mine now for about 2 months and its become my favorite tank. I find the tank has so many good qualities to it however the one that I have really have begun to appreciate is just how easy it is to build on, clean, change the wick, refill, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread