Status
Not open for further replies.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Well the ΣΟΦΙΑ has larger gaps for the liquid, so it easier to use with "thicker" liquids. Vapewise, the only difference is the inner cone which pulses the vape at 4500 hertz (4.500 oulses per second) which makes the vape somewhat thcker and more moist. That's why if you inhale on the upper body of the ΣΟΦΙΑ without it's base, it whistles.It also helps, if you draw too hard, to regulate the vape flow.
Also it is easier to setup and change the ceramic-coil because the upper body cuts it exactly where it needs when you screw it on.
But in regular use with regular liquids there is no huge difference.

Jojobo

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Northeast USA
extremely easy to refill the tank with the silicone oring at the top. I have had some tanks that really get stuck and it's so difficult to fill but this slides down very nicely. Also super convenient to change the coil without having to remove the sophia from the tank...push it down far enough to unscrew and reveal the ceramic and build a new coil. Terrific vape!! build it to your own specifications. Careful to use thinner NR wires so the ceramic isn't so hard to install or remove.

Sophia just works!

curisu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
San Francisco
i tried a nano-coil (<1mm ID) with cotton on the sophia last night. "meh" results, not super happy with it; the low-ohm silica build I put in after first receiving the sophia had a much better, thicker vapor.

I going to try a micro-coli (1/16" ID) with cotton later on tonight to see if it was just the coil size and poor wicking causing poor performance.

The HUGE upside for me versus something similar like the Diver is that even with the nano coil, no leaking or gurgling, no spotting on the 510 connector pin! That was the single most frustrating thing in all my Diver builds that drove me to take a chance on the Sophia. The pin and air-intake design are much better, more fault-tolerant. It looks like the base could hold quite a few drops of fluid before I'd ever have to worry about leaks. It also lends itself to a gurgle-free experience, another HUGE plus; minor annoyances don't break a vaping experience, but they certainly take away from it.

As soon as Leo gets his thin tanks back in stock, i'm going to place a 2nd sophia order with it (plus str10 tip, maybe another long top cap).

Thanks for putting such a great atomizer on the market Leo!

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
Cotton, micro coil.
gagagema.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread