By Leo : Attys, mods, Drip-tips, tanks [CLOSED}

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlmetz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2014
NW Florida
Man is this thing sexy. Looks awesome on my P3. My pic doesn't do it justice. Quick question. What's the default if there is one, as far as how open at a minimum should the juice control be open. Or how many turns at minimum should one use? I've started with 3 full turns. I guess I don't want to flood it. I don't have my wick blocking the intakes.
fe1629462b3936b3e387429738a83790.jpg

Using 60/40 PG/VG I only open 90degrees (1/4 turn) and have not had any dry hits.

Rikk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Utah
Wow, I did 3 1/2 full turns and it doesn't seem to be flooding at all. I'm seeing a bubble or two after every 2 or 3 hits. I guess I'll wait and see if it does flood opening it so much.

I got the feeling that I would get dry hits if I only opened it up that much. But clearly I'm mistaken. I guess it doesn't need to be opened very much to let juice in. I'll see how this goes and then maybe close it up a bit.

I'm currently at 13 watts, but very close to taking it up to 14, maybe 15 watts. I feel like it needs a little more power using spaced coils. I usually vape my micro coils at 13 watts.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Wow, I did 3 1/2 full turns and it doesn't seem to be flooding at all. I'm seeing a bubble or two after every 2 or 3 hits. I guess I'll wait and see if it does flood opening it so much.

I got the feeling that I would get dry hits if I only opened it up that much. But clearly I'm mistaken. I guess it doesn't need to be opened very much to let juice in. I'll see how this goes and then maybe close it up a bit.

I'm currently at 13 watts, but very close to taking it up to 14, maybe 15 watts. I feel like it needs a little more power using spaced coils. I usually vape my micro coils at 13 watts.

I believe micro coil versus spaced coil only depends in the way you vape.A micro coil setup will heat up faster since they are together and each coil helps the ones next to it to heat up. As a result it hits a little harder. Spaced coils will heat a bit slower but will heat up a larger surface of the wicking material as well as letting the vapor escape between the coils rather than from the sides,which will give a slightly better flavor. :)

Rikk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Utah
Agree with you...I have tried both ways and the differences are subtle. I think I like the stronger hit the best. Harkens back to my analog days :(
Me too, having a strong, faster hit that is. That's why I've upped the wattage a bit. But my batteries don't like it so much.

Next wrap I'm going to go micro and see which I prefer.

Did I mention how light this thing is :)

Rikk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Utah
If you have your juice control completely closed, and you only do a 3/4 turn; does that open the juice channels enough? Looking at it, it just doesn't seem that it would.

I mean I did 3 1/2 turns and it isn't flooding in the least. Which would lead me to believe with only 3/4 turn wouldn't keep my wick wet enough. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this.

I mean if it's working right. I would like to close it off a bit, but I'm afraid of getting the dreaded dry hit.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
If you have your juice control completely closed, and you only do a 3/4 turn; does that open the juice channels enough? Looking at it, it just doesn't seem that it would.

I mean I did 3 1/2 turns and it isn't flooding in the least. Which would lead me to believe with only 3/4 turn wouldn't keep my wick wet enough. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this.

I mean if it's working right. I would like to close it off a bit, but I'm afraid of getting the dreaded dry hit.

If you are doing a dripping style setup (wicks away from the liquid feed), turn will do. If you are using direct feed, it will need more. :)

Rikk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Utah
If you are doing a dripping style setup (wicks away from the liquid feed), turn will do. If you are using direct feed, it will need more. :)
Thanks, that makes perfect sense now. I do have my wicks away from the juice channels so I'll close it off a bit.

In other news, I started whistling, we'll not me exactly but I started playing with airflow. Man you can make this thing tight. I got it too tight but backed it off and it can be quite airy too. And that's with the drip tip closed off. I did get rid of the whistle....thank goodness ;)

Rikk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Utah
thedripclub.com is a where I ordered mine. They have discount packs with many juices if you order 2 or 3 bottles too (I got two bottles of Loopier by ANML). Fruit Loop cereal IN MY FACEEE
I registered with the drip club but never bought anything because I've never dripped. I was thinking their stuff would be super high vg 100% and I wouldn't be able to run it in my tanks. Even tho the Squape handles my 80vg quite well. How thick is this stuff?

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
I registered with the drip club but never bought anything because I've never dripped. I was thinking their stuff would be super high vg 100% and I wouldn't be able to run it in my tanks. Even tho the Squape handles my 80vg quite well. How thick is this stuff?

100% VG runs perfectly in the Calix. I use 100% VG from T-Juice in mine (VERY thick) and have no problems at all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread